The Kitchen Cabinet

Discord
COE#7110
This would be another forum/RMB game like the AMAs. I've discussed this with r3n, and he would like me to organize it. Here's the basic idea:

On each day of a week, a cabinet member would post pictures in a forum thread within their ministry of what they're eating that day. Each minister would need to take a picture of each meal or snack before eating it, and, as close to the meal/snack time as is convenient, upload that picture to the internet, post it in their ministry thread, and post a link to the forum post in the RMB along with a list of the contents.

I think this would be a great way for the public to connect with us on a human/RL level, and I think we'd learn a lot about each other ;) The idea for this came out of an IRC chat in #tnp when everyone was talking about their eating habits. It's more fun than it sounds!

Here's a preliminary schedule. Let me know what you guys think:
  • Mon, December 15: mcmasterdonia (please cook some kangaroo for us)
  • Tue, December 16: Malvad
  • Wed, December 17: Gladio
  • Thu, December 18: punk d
  • Fri, December 19: Tomb
  • Sat, December 20: COE
  • Sun, December 21: r3n
We can more the schedule up a bit if everyone's ready before then. What say all?

EDIT: This is now a series of one-day events that don't have to be consecutive. Anyone who hasn't gone yet needs to pick a day!

The day I have been assigned sounds great to me.
And this is an excellent event! Luckily for me, I'll be over at my grandmother's house, so I'll have her prepare something good! :)

~ Tomb

Hmmm. Will have to see what I am doing work wise. I will try to cook something traditional. Might throw in some Jewish dishes ;)

Hmm. I'll have to see if my Mother intends to go hunting then :p

Otherwise I was thinking of doing a traditional fish dish. Cooked in hot coals.

Well, I don't really cook, though on the weekends I do tend to make my own salads. So from that perspective, Saturday or Sunday is indeed good for me.

Well, the idea isn't necessarily to prepare the most impressive meals to make yourself look good for the region :P In that way "the kitchen cabinet" is something of a misnomer. Really, we'd like to see "a day in the life your food" as it were. I think it will be more entertaining to see which ministers cook gormet meals, and which ones are subsisting on saltines and peanut butter. Naturally, we don't want anyone to be embarrassed, but we don't want you to go out of your way to prepare food (with the exception of Mcm, cause he eats kangaroo now and again, and I want the region to know that :P). Take-out is fine, for instance.

I don't cook either. But I'm not scared to share my "breakfast" of cinnamon buns and Mountain Dew! haha

Apparently we aren't going to have any hunting trips as our freezer currently has 180 crayfish in it! Lol. I will still see about getting some nice steak though.

While I'm here, I'll note that i am having some internet issues at the beach house which I hope I can have fixed tomorrow afternoon.

OK, due to some timezone mismatches, Mcm is getting the first two days. Everyone else's day has moved back one. Malvad, are you set to go on the 17th?

Note to everyone: your day begins when you eat your first meal or snack on your day in your timezone. Go ahead and post in the kitchen cabinet thread in the delegate's government intstead of making new threads in the ministry subforums.

Punk, can you trade days with me? Moving forward one day put me on a day that I'll be travelling. Can you take the 21st and I'll take the 20th?

Because of the RL-involved nature of this event, the scheduling is changing somewhat (and because I haven't been on top of updating the thread and the dispatch, poking people, etc.) . It will now be a series of non-consecutive one-day events, on dates chosen by the cabinet ministers. Today will be The Democratic Republic of Tomb, and I will go on the 22nd. The rest of the cabinet - pick your days! Anytime before the term ends.

And dinner has been posted. My Kitchen Cabinet day should be over if I did everything right, which I am pretty sure I did. It's a great event!

~ Tomb

Punk, Gladio, Malvad: still need your days! You can have any day between now and January 9, but I'd prefer we try to get them all done before voting in the general election begins on Jan 5.

Yes. I can do tomorrow. Christmas days were spent recuperating from a tough year and spending time with family. Was food for the soul. Feeling really refreshed.

Back