Capital City: Capital City
Region of Residence: The North Pacific
Head of State: Lord Nwahs
Head of Government: Petar Mikhailov
Democratic Union Representative (if admitted): Kristen Marinos

Type of Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Martin, Jr. Units: 70
Diebold Scale: 76

Your Nation's attitude towards Democracy: "The worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried." A truism in a country that has only enjoyed democracy for the last few years, and the last 2000 years of not-democracy have been a legacy that people would rather forget sooner than later.

Your Nation's attitude towards the North Pacific: Olvern takes its commitment to its region and its neighbours very seriously, being an active participant in regional government.

Reason for joining the Democratic Union: Olvern seeks to protect democratic values throughout the region, and throughout NationStates, and the best way to do so is indeed through collaborating with like-minded nations.

Oath of Membership

I, Lord Nwahs, swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Lord Nwahs, President of the Republic of Olvern

Debate will be conducted for two days, followed by three days of voting. Voting will open at 1200GMT 4DEC14.

Voting concludes at 08DEC14 at 1800GMT

Back