Crushing Our Enemies: Ask Me Anything

Discord
COE#7110
vd-seal.png
sc-seal.png
mors-seal.png

Crushing Our Enemies: Ask Me Anything

COE here! I am the Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. As such, I am also chair of the Security Council and the Minister of Regional Security. That's why there are three fancy seals up there. Suck it, r3n!

This is your opportunity to ask me anything you want. Learn the secrets of the IRCabal! Find out more about my mysterious similarly-named cousin! Discover why I am so clever! I hope my answers will satisfy even the most curious.​

Holy fish 3 seals.

1) Who is the best TNPer, and why is it SillyString?
2) When will you coup r3n?
3) (serious question) Given your time in TNP, serving in many different portfolios, is there anything that you wish you did better?

What is your favorite color.

What office in TNP that you haven't held are you interested in holding?

Paper or Plastic?

Lord Nwahs:
SillyString was my deputy when I was Speaker. ^_^ Best is a very difficult term when it comes to NS players - it's less like ranking athletes and more like ranking scholars. But SillyString is definitely one of my favorites.

Lord Nwahs:
2) When will you coup r3n?
That remains to be seen.

Lord Nwahs:
3) (serious question) Given your time in TNP, serving in many different portfolios, is there anything that you wish you did better?
I wish I had been better able to manage the court as Chief Justice.

plembobria:
What is your favorite color.
I don't have a single favorite color. It varies between blue, green, and purple.

plembobria:
What office in TNP that you haven't held are you interested in holding?
If you asked me a few weeks ago, I'd have said Vice Delegate...hmm...I suppose Delegate, but not for a good long while from now. I don't think I'm ready to be delegate yet. I need to learn a lot more about the executive first.

plembobria:
Paper or Plastic?
Paper.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Lord Nwahs:
SillyString was my deputy when I was Speaker. ^_^ Best is a very difficult term when it comes to NS players - it's less like ranking athletes and more like ranking scholars. But SillyString is definitely one of my favorites.
You know, I have logs of a time when I was your sole favorite. :( What happened? Where did we go wrong??

When are we couping? How are we couping? Why are we couping?

If you had to choose between TBH and TNP, what would you do?

SillyString:
Crushing Our Enemies:
Lord Nwahs:
You know, I have logs of a time when I was your sole favorite. :( What happened? Where did we go wrong??
[Favorite] and [Favorites] are not exclusive sets you know ;)

SillyString:
When are we couping? How are we couping? Why are we couping?
That remains to be seen.

SillyString:
If you had to choose between TBH and TNP, what would you do?
O_O I don't want to hurt any feelings by answering this one.

:rofl:

Cats or dogs?
Snakes or serpents?

What's the biggest controversy you've ever been involved in on NS? In TNP? What controversy do you wish you'd been involved in?

If you had to resign as Vice Delegate tomorrow, who would you want to take your place out of everyone in TNP?

Have you ever had a puppet hidden in 10KI?

SillyString:
Cats or dogs?
I'm a cat person, but dogs are quite nice too.

SillyString:
Snakes or serpents?
I confess I don't know the difference.

SillyString:
What's the biggest controversy you've ever been involved in on NS? In TNP? What controversy do you wish you'd been involved in?
I'm gonna have to save this one for later. I'm sleepy and it's complicated and has many parts.

SillyString:
If you had to resign as Vice Delegate tomorrow, who would you want to take your place out of everyone in TNP?
These hypothetical questions are cruel. Umm...probably McM since he already has the necessary endocount and is at the highest level of readiness of any SC member, in my opinion.

SillyString:
Have you ever had a puppet hidden in 10KI?
No, but my cousin, Crushing Our Enemies, has. In 2005, he signed up for the Black Hawks Intelligence Agency and, as a training assignment, was implanted in 10KI on an information-gathering mission.

You've worked for r3n a couple times now - as Communications Minister over the summer, and now as Vice Delegate. How soon after you started did he begin to heap cruelties on you? Why do you keep going back? What's the worst part about having him as your boss?

Inversely, what's the best?

SillyString:
You've worked for r3n a couple times now - as Communications Minister over the summer, and now as Vice Delegate. How soon after you started did he begin to heap cruelties on you?
Basically, r3n's treated me like shit from day 1.
SillyString:
Why do you keep going back?
tumblr_mk2gu4ma6D1qbe613o1_500.gif

SillyString:
What's the worst part about having him as your boss?
Probably all the sexual harassment.
SillyString:
Inversely, what's the best?
I get three potty breaks per day, so that's pretty cool.

I will ask you the same thing you asked our delegate in his AMA thread:

Do those two three large seals up there make you feel better about the smaller things in your life?

Edit: Also are you a Carolina Panthers Fan? What do you think about CAAAAMMMMM?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Do those two three large seals up there make you feel better about the smaller things in your life?
I just like the knowledge that I have more seals than r3n does.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Edit: Also are you a Carolina Panthers Fan? What do you think about CAAAAMMMMM?
I am something of a Panthers fan, but I don't watch football a whole lot. From what I've seen of Cam Newton, he seems like a good football player, and he can play a hell of a lot better than me so I don't go in for criticism or blame.

What is your favorite knot?

What is your favorite fractal?

What is your favorite type of precipitations? Least favorite?

If you were to coup TNP, what nation would you ban first (ignoring influence restrictions)? What nation would you feel guiltiest about banning?

Do you like me as a politcal role player? As a RL person? Do you see us ever crushing enemies together? Do we have the same kind of enemies? You are apparently some big shot in TBH, why havent you served TNP militarily to protect her intrests abroad and promote safetyness and security at home by joining the NPAF? Will you ever join the North Pacific Army? Why or why not? Should TNP institute compulsary military service of 6 months for all new nations? When you stage s coup of TNP with TBH and SillyString will military service be compulsary?

SillyString:
What's the biggest controversy you've ever been involved in on NS?
That is classified.

SillyString:
I've been involved in a lot of controversies in TNP, but controversies here don't really get big. None of them stand out in my mind as "the biggest." A few that I can recall:
  • When I started enforcing WA tracking requirements as Speaker and took steps to remove RA members who did not have a WA nation on file with the registrar.
  • Petitioning for Punk D's removal from the admin team
  • Revoking indefinite leaves of absence as Speaker and requiring end dates to be specified when requesting leave.
  • Removing Romonoffia as moderating justice of TNP v Grosse
  • Legislation to remove WA tracking requirements
  • Legislation to implement Vice Delegate blocks on RA applicants
Those are off the top of my head. None of them are really big controversies, though.

SillyString:
What controversy do you wish you'd been involved in?
The controversy over the alleged governmental non-governmental group created to do something nefarious involving Blue Wolf.

Eluvatar:
Is there such a thing as too much influence?
No.

Eluvatar:
Why or why not?
If it seems like someone has "too much" influence, it's usually really because everyone else doesn't have enough.

SillyString:
What is your favorite knot?
Sheep shank.

SillyString:
What is your favorite fractal?
The Mandlebrot Set.

SillyString:
What is your favorite type of precipitations? Least favorite?
Favorite: snow. Least favorite: wintry mix.

SillyString:
If you were to coup TNP, what nation would you ban first (ignoring influence restrictions)? What nation would you feel guiltiest about banning?
For some reason, you seem to love asking questions that try to make me hurt people's feelings. The second one is unanswerable, because I wouldn't ban anyone that I would feel guilty about. If I decided to ban someone, I would have a guilt-free rationale for doing so. I might feel sorry for someone, but not personally guilty.

plembobria:
Do you wanna build a snowman?
Nah, I've never really been into building snowmen.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Do you like me as a political role player?
Yes. You participate actively, and make debate more interesting.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
As a RL person?
I don't really know you as a RL person.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Do you see us ever crushing enemies together?
Probably not - see my next answer.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Do we have the same kind of enemies?
I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I don't really have any enemies.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
You are apparently some big shot in TBH, why havent you served TNP militarily to protect her intrests abroad and promote safetyness and security at home by joining the NPAF?
First off, I think you have me confused with my similarly-named cousin. Secondly, I am philosophically opposed to participating in defending and detagging operations, and don't wish to personally identify with a military that engages in those sorts of missions, regardless of whether I would be compelled to participate in them or not.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Will you ever join the North Pacific Army? Why or why not?
I joined the Regional Guard for a little while when I had a WA nation in TNP and the Guard was still around. I doubt I will ever join the NPA, because I don't see it ever becoming an explicitly raider military. In the meantime, I will continue to applaud its excellent work abroad.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Should TNP institute compulsory military service of 6 months for all new nations?
Hell no.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
When you stage s coup of TNP with TBH and SillyString will military service be compulsary?
That remains to be seen.

Even if they offer raiding missions, you still do not see yourself participating?

Do you feel the Security Council and NPA share similar goals? Does the Military work with the Executive Branch in charge of security (MoRS, VD, SC)? Or even though they have similar aims to protect the region they each just sort of do their own thing? Does the defense and security ministries liason with each other? Should they ever? Can they?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Even if they offer raiding missions, you still do not see yourself participating?
I refer you to my previous answers.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Do you feel the Security Council and NPA share similar goals? Does the Military work with the Executive Branch in charge of security (MoRS, VD, SC)? Or even though they have similar aims to protect the region they each just sort of do their own thing? Does the defense and security ministries liason with each other? Should they ever? Can they?
I do not feel that the mission of the NPA and the mission of the SC are very similar. The SC exists to keep the delegacy secure, while the NPA asserts our military mission abroad. In the event of a rogue delegate, I would expect the NPA to remain in TNP and endorse the rightful delegate, and put their forces at the disposal of the Security Council.

Hey now, I'm not trying to ask questions that will make you hurt anybody's feelings. *Someone's* gotta be first, though at this rate it will probably be me. :P

Is there any conflict between your rejection of all things defending and your sworn oaths to defend TNP? Please explain.

SillyString:
Is there any conflict between your rejection of all things defending and your sworn oaths to defend TNP? Please explain.
I just doubled checked the RA oath and the oath of office, and there's nothing in their about going out and preventing or undoing the work of raiders. I certainly see no conflict.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
What does your forum avatar (the gavel coming down on the little guy) symbolize to you? And why did you pick it?
My first avatar on the TNP forum was the Black Hawks flag. I caused a little controversy with that when I first ran for Speaker, so I pledged to change it to something else when I got elected. So once I became speaker, I looked for something that suited my name and my job. I definitely wanted something that depicted someone being crushed, and given the position I was in, "crushed by a gavel" seemed most appropriate. I looked around on google for a while until I found one. I also considered:
small-3d-person-underneath-gavel.jpg

Crushing Our Enemies:
SillyString:
I just doubled checked the RA oath and the oath of office, and there's nothing in their about going out and preventing or undoing the work of raiders. I certainly see no conflict.
What about in the scenario where raiders raid TNP? :P

SillyString:
Crushing Our Enemies:
SillyString:
What about in the scenario where raiders raid TNP? :P
I still see no conflict. What are you getting at?

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

If raiders raid TNP (or try to), your philosophical objection to defending, or preventing raids, or undoing raids will stand opposed to your responsibilities and oaths to TNP.

If you don't see a conflict there, I would ask you to explain how you do not.

Ah! When it's your own region, I don't consider it defending. I place actions to liberate oneself in a different class of military gameplay that I call resistance. It is not included in my opposition to defending.

Back