LENNART NOMINATIONS: Best Debater

Malvad

TNPer
moce-seal.png

The Ministry of Culture proudly presents...

The Lennarts

Best Debater

The debate in TNP is robust, no doubt about that. We do not go a day without some debate regarding the constibillicode, the state of affairs, or cheese. We have many amazing debaters but who is the best among them? Who will win the Lennart for Best Debater?

Nominations will be open until December 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM EST. Voting will then take place through an in-game poll, lasting three days.

Nominating time!

Nominees:
Crushing Our Enemies
Flemingovia
Grosseschnauzer
Romanoffia
SillyString
PaulWallLibertarian42
Bootsie
Gracius Maximus
r3naissanc3r
falapatorius

I was gonna nominate all of them :( COE was my 1st choice. Flem and/or Grosse was up there too.

Ah well, I nominate romanoffia, sillystring, and myself PaulWallLibertarian42

Since I kept debating with myself over whether or not to nominate myself...I have chosen to nominate myself.

Lord Nwahs:
I nominate falapatorius
Damn straight. :rofl:

*I'm curious, will this be an RMB poll? Not much debating there. I wish everyone luck. I'm not sure 'master debater' is a title I'd want though. :P Please don't run with that.

falapatorius:
Lord Nwahs:
I nominate falapatorius
Damn straight. :rofl:

*I'm curious, will this be an RMB poll? Not much debating there. I wish everyone luck. I'm not sure 'master debater' is a title I'd want though. :P Please don't run with that.

I know a guy with the last name Bates... It is common for teachers here to say Master -surname here-, fortunately for him, the teachers were always careful and referred to him by his first name.

I think we should change the name to Master Debater :)

PaulWallLibertarian42:
r3naissanc3r:
I nominate SillyString.
Read my post. I ALREADY DID NOMINATE SILLYSTRING.

/DEBATE WINNER -- ME
Woah, interesting forum phenomenon...Why would someone not notice you had nominated that person already? Maybe they got bored halfway through your post? Or having you nominate a slew of people dilutes the meaningfulness of nominations in general and they chose to ignore your nomination and show their support? Ah, mystery!

I nominate Falapatorius. :P

Democratic Donkeys:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
r3naissanc3r:
I nominate SillyString.
Read my post. I ALREADY DID NOMINATE SILLYSTRING.

/DEBATE WINNER -- ME
Woah, interesting forum phenomenon...Why would someone not notice you had nominated that person already? Maybe they got bored halfway through your post? Or having you nominate a slew of people dilutes the meaningfulness of nominations in general and they chose to ignore your nomination and show their support? Ah, mystery!

1. If they get bored after two sentences I feel sorry for their attention span.

2. Nominating one person or a few people does not invalidate the nomination (unless a rule of one nomination per person exists) therefore choosing to ignore someones nomination is folly.

3. I am pretty sure it was just an oversight on r3ns part and I was attempting to show a bit of humor and to demonstrate why I should be the Best masterdebater in TNP.

DD:

Oh hey, I didn't notice your nomination of me.. I stopped reading after 'phenomenon'. :rofl:

And the winner of best debater is...

Crushing Our Enemies

I present your Lennart:
best_debater_250.png

And the signature Lennart:
best_debater_150.png

And as Falap has so kindly suggested, I award you with the title:

MASTER DEBATER

Please take the stage and accept your award.

[me] slowly ascends the steps to the Lennart stage, gavel in hand.

"With your forgiveness, I will speak from prepared remarks."

[me] produces a scrap of paper from his pocket and slowly unfolds.

"It is my distinct self-pleasure to accept the Lennart award for Best Debater, and the honorary title of 'Master Debater.' At the risk of stroking my own, [ahem] ego, I would like to say that I have been honing the art of debate for many years, and have become quite an expert. Indeed, I spent many long nights pounding away at it. It is my firm [ahem] belief that debate is the shaft upon which the gears of our democracy turn. And master debaters such as myself are the lubricant on that shaft. I, for one, am proud to lubricate the shaft of democracy every day, and it is in the spirit of vigorous [ahem] debating that I accept this award. Thank you."

[me] raps the gavel on the podium, returns the paper to his pocket, and descends the steps.

Back