Hi

I want to be Vice Delegate more than anything. As you will recall I did run in the last election, but lost to Abacathea. At the time I had personal misgivings about the activity level of Aba, but felt it improper for me to raise that particular issue as we were in contest. I am sad to see the fruition of that misgiving, and would have preferred to run for VD in the next scheduled cycle. I really do enjoy the game side interactions that I do have, and enjoy being a part of the Security Council. There are a few things I have in mind for the Vice Delegacy were I to be elected, and I stand ready to elaborate if requested. I just need to go get my laundry real quick so I can fold it and iron the necessaries before bed.

I too would hate to have a special election for justice, however, DD does in my opinion honestly desire to be VD and in that case (also taking into account his contributions to TNP) I have no problem voting for DD as VD even though that would call for a special election.

DD, if you were to be elected and left the Court, which of the two remaining justices would you endorse for Chief Justice?

I find ironing to be soothing, but I did also go to a private military high school where we would get push ups if we had wrinkled clothes.

1. There are two members of the SC who are dangerously close to losing their membership because of their decreasing endorsement count. I would make an effort to contact them before the initiation of the the eight day grace period.
2. I would evaluate the current procedures of the security council as they are currently fairly old and may need revision. I want to make the process of the acting chair a little more democratic, currently it is tied to the order of succession, and I would prefer if one were agreed upon by the sc. Also I would want to establish certain thresholds for voting on issues in the sc, as right now it seems to be whoever happens to show up votes.
3. There are certain upcoming initiatives that I would like to support in any way possible through the office of VD
4. I would make the presence of the VD felt on the RMB once again, as I think it is important for the executives that potentially have in game power to have an in game presence.
5. I want to support r3n, as he is someone I truly admire for his approach to managing the delegacy. He is also a great boss.
6. I want to overthrow, ummm, whoops. I mean...
7. Free cake on Fridays for all nations.
8. There is also a discussion worth having about amending the law to address the security check issue if the vice delegate is removed from office.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is something I would like to see change in terms of the WFE asking to endorse SC members. Currently the first two sc members beyond the delegate and VD in the order of succession are displayed on the WFE. Generally SC members at the top of the order are placed there because of their consistent activity towards maintaining their endorsement counts. They already have a high endo count, so I would like to use that space to instead mention sc members who are having trouble maintaining their count as a way of helping them out.

That all being said, I am also happy to run because I believe that COE would do a remarkable job if I lost. So the region will be in good shape regardless. :)

I love McMasterdonia!

SillyString:
DD, if you were to be elected and left the Court, which of the two remaining justices would you endorse for Chief Justice?
I am truly upset that you decided not to run again for Justice because of the integrity you returned to the Court. If I were forced to make a decision I would have to say Grosseschnauzer, and that is only because I have spoken with Kialga and he does not feel comfortable taking on that position.

If r3n resigns, what will your policy be as Acting Delegate?

What flavour of cake would you be so delightfully providing to the populace of TNP?

Suppose there is a nation founded which immediately joins the WA and endorses every WA nation in TNP, rising to 100 endorsements within a few hours.

What would you, as Vice Delegate, do?

Lord Nwahs:
If r3n resigns, what will your policy be as Acting Delegate?

What flavour of cake would you be so delightfully providing to the populace of TNP?
I would be a respectful placeholder until a new delegate is elected. I don't want r3n to resign though...

Any flavor you like. ;-)

Eluvatar:
Suppose there is a nation founded which immediately joins the WA and endorses every WA nation in TNP, rising to 100 endorsements within a few hours.

What would you, as Vice Delegate, do?
Nothing most likely as 100 is still pretty low. When they rose to 200 would be a time to contact them to acknowledge their skill and hard work and ask them if they have considered joining the forum. Based on their reply I would decide whether to begin a thread in the SC. Luckily all SC members are supposed to watch out for behavior like that, so even if I somehow missed their activities they would be on the radar. Plus we have really excellent tools to help us with monitoring. A handsome turtle made them for us... ;)

Edit: I am aware of history of the effective approaches to dealing with this type of situation, and I would trend towards a GBM approach as opposed to a pasargad approach.

Back