-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
FoIA:
21. Information whose disclosure is deemed a security threat to the Region will be released by the affirmative vote of a majority of a three-member panel of the Court, no sooner than 2 months after the original request, once the threat no longer exists.

Given more than 2 months have elapsed since the Court's refusal of Haor Chall's original FoIA appeal of the Delegate[note]me <_<[/note]'s refusal, and given my expectation that the information need not remain classified, I would like to request the declassification of the selfsame closed session log.

For the sake of speed, I can provide the material directly to the Court for review, on request.

Eluvatar:
FoIA:
21. Information whose disclosure is deemed a security threat to the Region will be released by the affirmative vote of a majority of a three-member panel of the Court, no sooner than 2 months after the original request, once the threat no longer exists.

Given more than 2 months have elapsed since the Court's refusal of Haor Chall's original FoIA appeal of the Delegate[note]me <_<[/note]'s refusal, and given my expectation that the information need not remain classified, I would like to request the declassification of the selfsame closed session log.

For the sake of speed, I can provide the material directly to the Court for review, on request.
Months?

This is being brought up more than two years (or 27 months, if you prefer) after the earlier request was filed, and I have to wonder if the earlier proceeding is stale to the point that the issue shouldn't be treated as a new request that might be resolved by the current Delegate and his Government.

See Section 6.2, clauses 17 and 18:
17. All registered citizens residing in The North Pacific may request information from the Government through the Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive.
18. The Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive will endeavour to retrieve information requested from the different departments of the government, who are obligated to release this information provided it will not and/or does not present a threat to regional security or unduly impinge on the privacy of private citizens,

Back