Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
INSPIRATION: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrOwnerandPwner

Welcome to the Alternate Future of Unicornium! Since I don't know the actual name of the island, I'm gonna call it that. Unicornium is the island where Pegleg and HMS Unicorn are at.

Here's a picture!
alternatefutureofunicornium.png

However, being the geography nerd I am, I like to experiment with borders, but in a unique way. What happens if we follow the example of the Mappers, who experiment with countries by using personification to turn them into beings and have some nations invade each other as others converse?

Let's start! If you don't know what the heck I'm doing, click the link at the top of this thread and watch his videos!

Welcome to the ALTERNATE FUTURE OF UNICORNIUM!

Why are you worrying about what other nations are doing with their area of the map? o_O Especially without their consent.

I think you need to focus on your own RP's :P

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT ON THE ALTERNATE FUTURE OF UNICORNIUM? WILL PEGLEG HELP? WILL THE DU INTERVENE? STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT POST TO FIND OUT!

mcmasterdonia:
Why are you worrying about what other nations are doing with their area of the map? o_O Especially without their consent.

That's what mappers do. Do you think MrOwnerandPwner got permission from every single government France, Germany, Slovenia, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, etc. before experimenting with their borders? NO!

Were his videos smash hits? YES!

Give it a chance, I think you'll find it to be a very compelling series. Like a show, almost.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT IN THE REGION THAT STAYED WITH NORTH SYMDOLINA?
WHAT WILL THE DU DECIDE? WILL NORTH SYMDOLINA TRY TO INVADE AGAIN?
WILL HMS UNICORN RETALIATE?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Syrixia:
mcmasterdonia:

That's what mappers do. Do you think MrOwnerandPwner got permission from every single government France, Germany, Slovenia, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, etc. before experimenting with their borders? NO!
Because it is in very poor taste. Unlike real countries, peoples' countries here are products of their imagination, and therefore intellectual property. For a lot of people, it is like their baby. That's why people really don't like godmodding, which, I might add, use of their countries without their permission is considered a godmod. As a roleplay mentor, I would encourage you to seek out the permission of these countries before you continue.

It's an Alternate Future, so there isn't exactly a need. But if you insist, then why don't you get the countries to comment here? You suggested it.

Syrixia:
It's an Alternate Future, so there isn't exactly a need.
As I said before, it is their intellectual property, so yes, there is a need. You're using someone else's idea.

Syrixia:
But if you insist, then why don't you get the countries to comment here? You suggested it.

Because I'm not your mother. I don't handle your problems for you. Grow up.

Scandigrad:
Syrixia:
It's an Alternate Future, so there isn't exactly a need.
As I said before, it is their intellectual property, so yes, there is a need. You're using someone else's idea.

Syrixia:
But if you insist, then why don't you get the countries to comment here? You suggested it.

Because I'm not your mother. I don't handle your problems for you. Grow up.
Well no, it's not his idea, he's just the most popular mapper. There's many mappers.

And also, this isn't a "problem" for me. If you think it's a problem and I don't, then it's your problem. I was considering burying the hatchet with you but now I won't.

All right. Perhaps I should clarify that I am acting in an official capacity right now as a roleplay mentor and the deputy minister of culture - roleplay. I am not saying this as a personal gripe. This is me trying to help you maintain good etiquette in roleplay. My job is to make sure that roleplay is fun and enjoyable for all nations in the North Pacific.

The map Alu has made has nothing to do with his map being the "most popular". He has been appointed by the Ministry of Culture as the official cartographer of the North Pacific. It is an official government position that has authority.

There also seems to be a disconnect about what I'm saying about people's ideas. It is not the map that is their idea, rather their nation name and national happenings are their ideas. Their nation names, HMS Unicorn (r3naissanc3r) and Pegleg (Capt Pegleg), and events were things that were created by them. That makes it their intellectual property. Therefore they control their nations' actions. It is your responsibility, no one else, to obtain consent from people you want to roleplay with.

There is no other way I can think of to explain this. If there is something I have not been clear about, please, by all means, let me know. I'm here to help. That's my job. I want to see you succeed, and not get in hot water with other nations.

Like Alu says, you are entitled to freedom of speech, but just remember that you are responsible for the consequences of it.

Scandigrad:
All right. Perhaps I should clarify that I am acting in an official capacity right now as a roleplay mentor and the deputy minister of culture - roleplay. I am not saying this as a personal gripe. This is me trying to help you maintain good etiquette in roleplay. My job is to make sure that roleplay is fun and enjoyable for all nations in the North Pacific.

The map Alu has made has nothing to do with his map being the "most popular". He has been appointed by the Ministry of Culture as the official cartographer of the North Pacific. It is an official government position that has authority.

There also seems to be a disconnect about what I'm saying about people's ideas. It is not the map that is their idea, rather their nation name and national happenings are their ideas. Their nation names, HMS Unicorn (r3naissanc3r) and Pegleg (Capt Pegleg), and events were things that were created by them. That makes it their intellectual property. Therefore they control their nations' actions. It is your responsibility, no one else, to obtain consent from people you want to roleplay with.

There is no other way I can think of to explain this. If there is something I have not been clear about, please, by all means, let me know. I'm here to help. That's my job. I want to see you succeed, and not get in hot water with other nations.

Like Alu says, you are entitled to freedom of speech, but just remember that you are responsible for the consequences of it.
If r3n really doesn't like me mapping, he'll send me a PM personally. If he does, he can delete AFoU by all means.

If he doesn't, imma just keep mapping'

:rum:

You should heed Scandigrad's advice. I personally do not want another person trying to portray my nation in any format. It is my intellectual property. The same rules apply to the map. Alunya's map, as Scandigrad said, is the official map of The North Pacific and Alunya is the official appointed cartographer by the ministry of culture. This should be obvious from your dealings in the map claims thread.
If you want to be respected you can not just decide the affairs of other characters and nations. It is rude and disrespectful to the creators. So please kindly cease and desist from such activities. Thanks! :D

Also you don't have to quote a post every time you respond to a one. :)

Fine, delete the stupid thread. I give up, no one here likes mapping anyway. Maybe I'll start up my own youtube channel.

I want to clarify that the Official Map of The North Pacific is most emphatically not my map. It is the intellectual property of The North Pacific in the aggregate.

At the moment I am currently tasked with maintaining it, and granted the authority by the current government concerning decisions as to whom, what, and where items of interest, including territories, may be placed. But I emphasize that it is a trust, and that this government or any other government may place that trust in someone else as they see fit.

I have no issue with anyone making their own maps as they desire. If their actions cause friction with others, that is not my concern. It is not within my remit to police privately created maps, and I shall not do so.

I caution anyone, though, that this does not mean that I endorse their efforts. I do not. The advice given by others above is very sound, and sensible players will heed it.

The insensible, unfortunately, often will not.

>^,,^<
[me]

Back