Voter fraud in the North Pacific

I'm concerned that voter fraud is becoming a huge issue in the North Pacific. For instance, Romanoffia lost a judicial election with only 40% of the vote, which indicates to me that r3n, ACORN, and perhaps the black panthers are guilty of committing voter fraud against Rom.

Can we at least agree that voter fraud is a problem in the North Pacific?

I agree its a problem! I used the AGs seal..and apparently according to the RA discussion on campaign reform..is not actually a crime listed but some unwritten social taboo.

So then I panicked when ACORN put Lord Ravenclaw up to filing a criminal complaint/challege and withdrew in disgrace ensuring Gracius Maximus would win.

satire/joke incase you didn't know

Ahem, I only take orders from a cat called Rosie. Not an acorn.

It is interesting that it looks like DD is elected despite barely mentioning the election in his campaign thread, and Grosseschnauzer did not even bother to post a campaign thread.

The moral seems to be he campaigns best who campaigns least.

flemingovia:
It is interesting that it looks like DD is elected despite barely mentioning the election in his campaign thread, and Grosseschnauzer did not even bother to post a campaign thread.

Elections in TNP are nothing more that popularity contests. It's like a Beautiful Baby Contest where the top three Beautiful Babies are only beautiful until they soil their knickers. :lol:

I think it's more that everyone is sick and tired of hearing a few members talk about how the system is rigged against them. All the candidates who did not mention an oligarchy or other type of conspiracy were elected.

Romanoffia:
flemingovia:

Elections in TNP are nothing more that popularity contests. It's like a Beautiful Baby Contest where the top three Beautiful Babies are only beautiful until they soil their knickers. :lol:
Excuse you, I'm beautiful even after I've soiled myself :P

Crushing Our Enemies:
I think it's more that everyone is sick and tired of hearing a few members talk about how the system is rigged against them. All the candidates who did not mention an oligarchy or other type of conspiracy were elected.
Of course, some might interpret that as the "Oligarchy" working their way around the democratic process, and as a result this furthers their sense of being persecuted by said "Oligarchy".

Crushing Our Enemies:

Just proves the point - only the Oligarchy Approved candidates win! :lol:

BANG, ZING, KABOOM!

Abacathea:
Romanoffia:
flemingovia:

Excuse you, I'm beautiful even after I've soiled myself :P

Yes, but can you soil others and still be beautiful? :lol:

Romanoffia:
Crushing Our Enemies:

Crushing Our Enemies:
I think you're mistaking "the Oligarchy" for "most people".

Crushing Our Enemies:
I didn't mention the oligarchy. I lost the election anyway. Explain that to me. :eyebrow:

I was only referring to the justice election. You lose the AG race because you were running against someone with way more experience and a proven track record of activity and efficiency.

flemingovia:

It's not accurate to say I didn't bother, it's more accurate to say that I did not see any useful purpose in opening a thread.

(I did note, btw, in accepting my nomination in the candidacy thread that I would let the voters decide either way, and I would be content with their decision. I didn't need or want to say anything more than that.)

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
Crushing Our Enemies:

Crushing Our Enemies:
I think you're mistaking "the Oligarchy" for "most people".
Somewhere a pirate is looking for a parrot. I think I found it.

dwrpw.jpg

:fish:

Crushing Our Enemies:
^ This.

I found a consistent theme with some of the candidates and their "omg the oligarchy is oppressing us" spiel really turned me off voting for them. I won't vote for someone if they sound like a conspiracy theorist who wears tinfoil hats and use tin-can phones so the Government can't "spy on them".

Meh, as far as I'm concerned I backed the right horse (or Donkey if you'd prefer) in that election.

flemingovia:

I resent that assessment. All of my election threads are carefully considered and executed. Interstellar is an enjoyable movie.

Grosseschnauzer:
It's not accurate to say I didn't bother, it's more accurate to say that I did not see any useful purpose in opening a thread.

(I did note, btw, in accepting my nomination in the candidacy thread that I would let the voters decide either way, and I would be content with their decision. I didn't need or want to say anything more than that.)
The distinction between "did not bother" and "did not see the point" is subtle, and the end result much the same.

I think it is a shame that particularly new nations do not get the chance to get to know candidates, see what sort of person is asking for their votes and make an informed voting choice.

But hey, it worked out well for you so perhaps it does not matter.

Gracius Maximus:
I didn't realize I had become either popular or a part of the oligarchy. I feel so special.
Congratulations. ;)

flemingovia:
Grosseschnauzer:

The distinction between "did not bother" and "did not see the point" is subtle, and the end result much the same.

I think it is a shame that particularly new nations do not get the chance to get to know candidates, see what sort of person is asking for their votes and make an informed voting choice.

I did not say "see the point;" I said "did not see any useful purpose in opening a thread." Quit trying to twist what I actually said to fit your agenda; it is not becoming of you.

In case you have forgotten, Flem, I have served six elected terms on the Court as Chief Justice before this election, and I was the founding Justice on the Court back in 2005.

And I was a candidate in the last judicial election, so it is not as if the voters were unfamilar with me.

So I consider my point about a campaign thread not being useful to be on point, and clearly I read the electorate sufficiently well. (And in most of the prior judicial elections when I was a candidate, I did not post a campaign thread; I just think too much of what goes on in campaign threads for the Court in regular or special judicial elections tend to compromise a level of impartiality that should be the hallmark of elected judges.

Grosseschnauzer:
So I consider my point about a campaign thread not being useful to be on point, and clearly I read the electorate sufficiently well.
I am not certain that you have read the electorate sufficiently well if that is the conclusion you have reached. Considering the fact that Kialga was second in votes to your third speaks to the fact that the electorate was least sure of having you represent them on the bench.

Grosseschnauzer:
flemingovia:
Grosseschnauzer:

I did not say "see the point;" I said "did not see any useful purpose in opening a thread." Quit trying to twist what I actually said to fit your agenda; it is not becoming of you.

In case you have forgotten, Flem, I have served six elected terms on the Court as Chief Justice before this election, and I was the founding Justice on the Court back in 2005.

And I was a candidate in the last judicial election, so it is not as if the voters were unfamilar with me.

So I consider my point about a campaign thread not being useful to be on point, and clearly I read the electorate sufficiently well. (And in most of the prior judicial elections when I was a candidate, I did not post a campaign thread; I just think too much of what goes on in campaign threads for the Court in regular or special judicial elections tend to compromise a level of impartiality that should be the hallmark of elected judges.
yes. The people who have been around this region for long enough have seen enough to know precisely the sort of person you are.

Hence my comment that "new nations" might have benefited from some basic information.

As for the rest,

Split-Shift.jpg

A campaign thread always serves a useful purpose. It is an indication that the candidate is willing to put forth the effort to do the job. It also serves as a courtesy to the voters. Even though I've been Delegate what, 5 times now, if I ran without a campaign thread, I would expect to finish, well... 3rd.

Grosseschnauzer:
The last judicial election was in July.

Half of the RA - literally, 50% - has joined after September 1st.

Where is this supposed familiarity coming from, again?

SillyString:
Grosseschnauzer:
The last judicial election was in July.

Half of the RA - literally, 50% - has joined after September 1st.

Where is this supposed familiarity coming from, again?
Mind-Control, maybe?

Maybe some people are so famous that they would still be known even if the voter was a camel herder in Alaska (and there are not many of them around).

A bit like David Beckham or Ronald McDonald.

I can tell you why grosse got elected: Roman and falap were counted out by process of elimination, and DD and Kialga were shoe-ins. The only real choice in this election was Grosse or HuAt, and as little as most people know about Grosse, they know less about HuAt. Also, Grosse is clearly recognizable as an administrator and a long-time member, which inspires trust over someone who joined relatively recently.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I can tell you why grosse got elected: Roman and falap were counted out by process of elimination, and DD and Kialga were shoe-ins. The only real choice in this election was Grosse or HuAt, and as little as most people know about Grosse, they know less about HuAt. Also, Grosse is clearly recognizable as an administrator and a long-time member, which inspires trust over someone who joined relatively recently.
Which supports my 4th paragraph.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8171350&t=7264523

It doesn't really - as was demonstrated by this election, new members don't feel discouraged to run against experienced players, and sometimes they win.

Is it easier for an experienced member to get elected? Of course. This mirrors real life - experience counts for something.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Crushing Our Enemies:
^ This.

I found a consistent theme with some of the candidates and their "omg the oligarchy is oppressing us" spiel really turned me off voting for them. I won't vote for someone if they sound like a conspiracy theorist who wears tinfoil hats and use tin-can phones so the Government can't "spy on them".

Meh, as far as I'm concerned I backed the right horse (or Donkey if you'd prefer) in that election.

And that's exactly the way the Oligarchy wants you to think! Or not think as the case may be. :lol: :fish:

Gracius Maximus:
I didn't realize I had become either popular or a part of the oligarchy. I feel so special.

Silence! Keep saying that and you will lose your membership in The North Pacific Illuminati, which, by the way, is not supposed to exist either! :lol:

Back