Syrixia's membership

Malvad

TNPer
The Chair would like the DU to debate on the admittance of Syrixia into the Union. They have already been denied once based on their current political situations and the objection of a member state. As they have applied again I feel the member states should decide.

So should Syrixia be allowed into the Democratic Union? Why or why not?

Thoughts?

As the objecting member, we will raise our concerns here:

Original Objection:
Mr. Chairman,

The Commonwealth would like to express their grave concern at the application of the Syrixians to the membership of the Democratic Union. Less than a month ago, they invaded and occupied another nation on a frivolous notion. Even after a supposed government change, they continued to occupy a self pronounced "puppet state". It is also worth noting that all news concerning their puppet state comes from the Syrixian government.

Hell, to be candid sir, we don't even know if their government change is legitimate. The old one could still be running the show.

Furthermore, assuming this new government is legitimate, their apparent government does not fall in a de facto state that anyone would recognize as a democracy.

The Scandigradian government implores you to reject Syrixia's application to the Democratic Union.

Very respectfully,

Rafael Strickland
Scandigradian Representative to the Democratic Union

We uphold this objection, which we sent to the chairman following Syrixia's reapplication.

Continuing Objection:
We would like to emphasize that we still object to Syrixia's application on all the conditions we have stated previously. We would like to emphasize that, despite their claims, they maintain war like tenancies. They continue to occupy Ixelonia, and publicly acknowledge that it is a puppet. That's the main issue.

For Scandigrad to remove our objection, Syrixia must remove their forces from occupied Old Ixelonia, as well as remove their puppet regime from Ixelonia. We would like, but do not demand, to see an end to ties with Tomb, a known regional aggressor.

We have yet to see legitimate signs of democracy from Syrixia, a nation that still seems to be ruled by a powerful elite in the name of "the people". Until that time, Scandigrad will continue to object Syrixian membership.

It is also worth noting that Syrixia forced the relocation of millions of people following their occupation of old Ixelonia. The Commonwealth sees this as unacceptable, and inexcusable.

Unless there is a drastic change in Syrixian actions and regime, we see our continued objection into the foreseeable future.

One other thing: As we are seeing throughout the DU, in-game statistics are not necessarily accurate depictions of nations. As I have proposed, we should consider holding such votes like this for every membership application.

Syrixia has read Scandigrad's objection towards my entrance. He actually presents some pretty good points. So Syrixia's gonna have to make some sacrifices.

Here are my thoughts.

Tomb has recently gone inactive, therefore we have decided to end an alliance with them, favoring alliances with both Svoboda Soyuz Iz Bolsheviki and Nessuno.

While trade will continue, we will not help each other in wars.

Also, we will submit our Ixelonian territory. Ixelonia has the same IP address as me, and Ixelonia is me. Everyone knows that, especially r3n.

Besides, I never had intentions on the invasion getting so ridiculously significant.

As mentioned before, we have upped our civil rights and increased our diplomacy with other nations.

Therefore, with all these sacrifices made and the Syrixian people's commitment to enter the DU, we'd like to say that yes, these sacrifices are final. Everything I outlined here IS HAPPENING.

We're dropping Ixelonia, continuing to increase civil rights and diplomacy, and ceasing the assistance of the Tombians in war.

We're also doing a Space Program, and we're part of the Great North Pacific Trade Agreement.

-Syrixia

PS: Here's the shocker.

We're a Republic now.

Hi, i'm new here and perhaps the least suited to express an opinion about, but i think it needs to give Syrixia an opportunity.
Let it come.

Given that Syrixia has been making efforts in fixing their governmental and social situation, I would suggest we put them on a very heavy, short leashed, probationary period. We could perhaps lend a hand with the democratic process in their country.

Egalotir:
Given that Syrixia has been making efforts in fixing their governmental and social situation, I would suggest we put them on a very heavy, short leashed, probationary period. We could perhaps lend a hand with the democratic process in their country.
We're already working on it. Parliament has been formed, and our NS page has been completely overhauled. Our forum profile is next.

And there we go! Our governmental change and change process from communism to democracy is complete!

Forum flag changed, like our regular one.

We find these multiple rather rapid changes to be deeply concerning. All the regime changes seems to be a sign of an unstable government. How can the DU be guaranteed that the nation ideology that we admit will be the one that sticks?

OOC But Still Sort Of A Response:

Because republics I'm actually familiar with.

I admit, I really didn't know much about communism when I first pioneered with it. Svoboda Soyuz Iz Bolsheviki was my "Guide" in the system, per se. But to be honest, seeing the membership of the Communist Party of TNP (3 at the time, now 2 since I resigned) and the tension between me and the DU, I kind of had no choice. It was a decision I both had to make and wanted to make.

And here I am, the Republic of Syrixia. And that I shall stay.

Perhaps a long term probation membership is in order. If Syrixia can maintain their current regime for several months, they will be admitted into the DU.

Sauceistan:
Perhaps a long term probation membership is in order. If Syrixia can maintain their current regime for several months, they will be admitted into the DU.
Do we still get to commentate on matters? We want to give our input on matters that arise.

Also, as I said before, I think I can handle keeping this government afloat unlike the previous ones. Republics I am familiar with.

Well technically my input could influence the votes of others, but I myself don't get to vote directly...

That's a good compromise.

So how long should we put the timer at? I say one to two months, since my previous governments only lasted a couple days and a couple weeks respectively.

That time (1-2 months) should give both me and the DU confidence in the new Syrixian government while not going overboard (Example of overboard: 5-10 months)

Considering this is a Democratic Union matter, let us decide that. Your input on the affairs within your nation have been appreciated, and have certainly provided weight to our decision, but leave the terms on which we admit you to the discussion of DU members alone.

Following this information, we are willing to consider a long term probationary membership, but we are highly hesitant.

Alright. I'm just giving you my recommendation for the probation time. I'm gonna go do some painting or something.

Scandigrad:
Considering this is a Democratic Union matter, let us decide that. Your input on the affairs within your nation have been appreciated, and have certainly provided weight to our decision, but leave the terms on which we admit you to the discussion of DU members alone.

Following this information, we are willing to consider a long term probationary membership, but we are highly hesitant.

We agree with the representative from Scandigrad. Syrixia has not yet met the minimum requirements of membership either, we're greatly hesitant to allow a state such as Syrixia that has experienced great political upheaval in a very short period of time into this union. Especially now that we have a free trade agreement and will likely expand our economic relationship in the future.

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia has not yet met the minimum requirements of membership either, we're greatly hesitant to allow a state such as Syrixia that has experienced great political upheaval in a very short period of time into this union.
Just want to let you all know before I go back to painting: I've got 55 martin jr. units and 47 on the diebold scale at the time of writing this.

And the transition from People's Republic to Republic was voted on by 92% of Syrixian citizens.

Just wanted to let y'all know that, have a nice day :D

Back to painting!

Mr. Chairman, as the official representative of the Kingdom of Plembobria. We would like to second the opinions of Egolatir.

Syrixia has met all minimum requirements for membership. The Malvadian government believes we should allow Syrixia to join as an observer state. They can be involved and the Democratic Union will be able to monitor the democratic process in the nation. We could take a poll vote with the options:
Admit Syrixia
Grant Observer Status
Deny Membership

I move for a vote. Is there a second?

Although I have not made my opinion entirely heard, I would like to point out a few things before the representatives of fellow nations vote on the future of Syrixia pertaining to the Democratic Union.

It has been made clear that Syrixia has undergone many changes within the past weeks and are genuinely set on a more democratic government. Recognizing this, Dalies acknowledges and even goes as far to commend Syrixia on their movements to form a more united republic. The Prime Minister John Sirus has been improving the civil and political rights tenfold while incorporating progressive economic policies.

Dalies recognizes the concern toward Syrixia, but finds it absolutely based without strong facts to back up worries and allegations. Before making a decision to either admit or to deny Syrixia admission to the Democratic Union, I strongly suggest investigating the new and improved government in Syrixia. I vote that we should admit Syrixia to the Democratic Union

-Alek Silverson

We would be fine with an investigation. It's good to have a couple nations wanting our instant admittance. If the observer state voters win, perhaps these nations' votes could shorten the probation time? Yes, no, maybe so?

Back