KGB State Visit invitation

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
The Kingdom of Great Britain has invited the North Pacific to take part in a state visit with their region. They would like to sign a non-aggression pact with the North Pacific following this state visit. We do not normally do state visits, it doesn't mean we could not necessarily do one, but that really depends on what r3n wants to do.

GCR conferences are usually non-RP stuff and a get down to business kind of routine. We have a very big foreign agenda for the next two months of r3n's term and I am conscious about not filling it up unnecessarily with this sort of thing. We want to achieve real progress in foreign affairs with like-minded regions and I am not exactly convinced that KGB (a region we have minimal ties with) would be very beneficial for us to have as a non-aggression pact partner.

<Vac> yo McMasterdonia
<Vac> you about?
<McMasterdonia> Sort of
<McMasterdonia> sup
<Vac> ah so I come on behalf of The Kingdom of Great Britain
<McMasterdonia> I see
<McMasterdonia> What about?
<Vac> and we would like to invite TNP to KGB for a State Visit
<Vac> and discussions about a possible NAP between our two regions
<McMasterdonia> "KGB" XD
<McMasterdonia> Okay, the Delegate is away until the 14th of November
<McMasterdonia> (Approximately)
<Vac> ah OK
<McMasterdonia> I'll speak to him about this and should be able to give you an answer by then, it depends how easy it is for him to respond back in that time. Shouldn't be too difficult.
<McMasterdonia> We haven't really done state visits before for the record
<Vac> how do you feel about lots of pomp and the like? :P
<McMasterdonia> And our agenda for the next two months is extremely full, just as a warning. But I should be able to have a definitive answer for you by the 14th of November, is that okay with you?
<Vac> and yea that'll work
<McMasterdonia> <Vac> how do you feel about lots of pomp and the like? :P <- I'm not sure. I've done RP state visits with my nation before, but not on a regional level. Conferences as the like aren't usually that full of pomp and ceremony, but that is not to say that the Delegate wouldn't agree to go on one. It is just somewhat unusual for us xD
<Vac> seems to be a theme among the GCR's
<Vac> lol
<Vac> none of y'all do much with the visits :P
<McMasterdonia> Depends - we've been to a few conferences in the past few years that were very productive. But it is definitely a theme that we do not do formal state visits as such, but as I said, depends what r3n has to say.
<Vac> right
<McMasterdonia> Is Alexa still the monarch?

I am against signing a NAP with KGB. NAPs can be useful diplomatic instruments, and signing them left and right reduces their utility.

If the state visit involves me or some Minister going over to their forum, I could perhaps consider it depending on the agenda. No reason to deny an opportunity to advertise TNP. If they want to come to our forum, I'd probably decline.

That said, no harm in carrying the favor of some of the smaller regions either. You never know when it may be beneficial.

As I said, I am not against the state visit, at least the part of us visiting them. But the NAP is not something we could do.

Back