A Request For Administrator Action

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
First off, I take a lot of abuse from certain members of this forum, but a real life accusation of racism from another forum member in an RP thread goes way beyond the pale.

To wit: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8170790&t=7260562

I do not believe you can be ignorant of the history of lynching as a tool of racial aggression, so are you perhaps unaware that the spectre of lynch mobs continues to be used to instill fear in racial minorities? That to this day, there are individuals and families who have found nooses placed on a doorstep or in a mailbox, among other not-terribly-veiled threats?

In my opinion, it is highly inappropriate to compare criticism of your actions, and even criticism of you personally, to targeted, hateful racial violence. Your privilege is showing; you may want to check it.

I am patently offended, and how dare anyone ever make the accusation or even imply that I am racist. How dare Silly String make such a presumption.

You have absolutely no idea exactly how offended I am by this and how mad I am that anyone even remotely imply that I am racist in RL.

Silly String has absolutely no clue as to who I am, my 'privilege' or anything else.

Yeah, I'm so privileged that I've had members of my family murdered for standing up for civil rights for minorities. Yeah, I'm so privileged that I've been arrested for standing up in protest at the mistreatment of minorities. Yeah, I'm so privileged to have had the crap beat out of me by the police for criticising a policeman for using a racial slur.

Silly String needs a reality check, a formal warning.

I demand a formal apology for being accused of being a racist.

Back