vfs.png

33rd Session of Parliament

Speaker of Parliament
Richard Stewart

Peers of Parliament
Klaus Mikaelson, Viscount of Belfast
Alexander W.G. StewartLord Dundonald

Members of Parliament

Michael Stewart of Northern England (DUP)
Richard Stewart of Southern England (Ind)
Edwin Astor of Wales (BCP)
Vac Mikaelson of Scotland (BCP)
Andrew B. Fraser of Northern Ireland (BCP)

***​
Majority: No Organized Majority
Loyal Opposition: No Organized Minority

[img=210,250]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Election_MG_3455.JPG[/img]

October Elections

As the September election opened, incumbent Prime Minister Andrew B. Fraser was to not seek a second term. Acting upon this, Klaus Mikaelson of Sinn Fein and Vac Mikaelson of the British Centrist Party went head to head for the Premiership. During the election both had failed to gain a majority of 50% of the vote and had to go into a run off with Klaus Mikaelson being elected as the new Prime Minister with 53.8% of the votes.

Prime Minister Mikaelson's term has started with revitalizing the forum through increased government activity and essential forum maintenance. In his opening statement the many times elected and current Prime Minister showed his gratitude stating;

Prime Minister Mikaelson:
With this group of dedicated members, we have the ability to tackle achievements that have scarcely been possible throughout the history of this region. You, each and every one of you, make that possible.

Cabinet Announced

th

Newly elected Prime Minister Klaus Mikaelson has announced who he has appointed to his cabinet. He gave each candidate the opportunity accept the positions in public; in his unique and idiosyncratic style of waiting for the cabinet members to come to him. Currently his cabinet consists of different members of several of the existing parties. The Deputy Prime Minister is Kenneth A. Cochrane of the Democratic Unionist Party. The chosen Home Secretary is Former Prime Minister, Andrew B. Fraser, British Centrist. Foreign Secretary, John Mikaelson. Defence Secretary, Jacob M. Stewart. Culture Secretary, Fredrick, Democratic Unionist. MI5 Director, Constance St. James. and the Attorney General has yet to accept the position.

Growing Strong

The United Kingdom has in recent days, seen an increase in the number of nations within the region, as well as the number of citizens within the off-site forum. This is a truly exciting time for the United Kingdom. The Government of United Kingdom hope that current successes will be a prelude to even better things to come in the future.

Parliament News

th

His Majesty King James III has appointed Klaus Mikaelson, Viscount of Belfast and Kenneth A. Cochrane Lord Dundonald as his Lords of Parliament.

A Speaker is yet to be elected but the current list of members are as followed:

Michael R.E. Stewart, Northern England 64%
Richard North, Southern England 70.8
Edwin Astor, Wales 57.7%
Vac Mikaelson, Scotland 60.9%
Andrew B. Fraser, Northern Ireland 58.3%

Commemoration Day and the Future

Prime Minister Mikaelson has announced that this will be the last year that we will hold a remembrance day for the 11/4 Terrorist attack on the United Kingdom. Mr Mikaelson say "Now, four years later, Commemoration Day is no longer about honouring the past, but being too caught up in it. There is a difference between recognizing the past and building part of your future around it."

The Prime Minister will not hold any type of festivities for the day in question either, but will ask the Church of England to hold a candlelight vigil with ceremonies to run into the real life British Remembrance Day, in which the United Kingdom will give its memories over to the departed citizens who have given their service to NS United Kingdom, as well as those who have done so in the real life United Kingdom and nations around the globe.

Welcome James Vaughan to the Region

My real name is Henry. My NationStates name is James Thomas Henry Vaughan. I have an uncle called Thomas, which is why I have chosen to use that in my name. I joined NationStates on June the 22nd of this year. I have been an on/off member for 5 months give or take. Now that I feel I have finally grasped the basic ropes of NationStates, I am looking forward to being an active member here. My decision to apply to join the Foreign Office as the Deputy Secretary, a post that I now hold, was sparked by my belief that I should get involved actively in the politics side of NationStates if I am to gain recognition and advance up the career ladder.

My hopes are that I will become a recognised figure in the political world here. I am already the Chairman of UKIP, and I believe this is allowing me to gain crucial political experience in not just being in a party but having an authoritative role in a party. In a year's time, I hope that I will have worked on the foundations that I am creating now and developed into a sound citizen. I hope to make friendships with people here and to be able to hold intelligent discussions on various ideas not just in the NationStates world.

Foreign Office Announcement
Foreign Minister John Mikaelson will be conducting a review on the embassies we have within the United Kingdom and will be checking for activity, if it is found that the other region has been inactive in keeping ties with our own region we shall consider closing the embassy and issue an activity notice to which we will remove the embassy from the forum. So please keep activity within your embassy, Keep us updated on your Region!

britannia.png

This update was brought to you by the
~ Ministry of Foreign Affairs ~
on behalf of His Majesty, His Government and His Citizens.
Respectfully, British Diplomatic Service

Back