Justice for DD

Hi all, I am running for Justice in this special election. I think I am ready for it, and I have some good qualities as a candidate. I can say two things with surety: I will not resign unexpectedly, and I will perform my duties actively.

I want to work on a team with someone that I respect greatly, even if they don't like my grammar. :P

Questions and comments are welcome.

Good to see you're running DD :)

What part of the Constibillocode makes you the most queasy?

Lord Nwahs:
Good to see you're running DD :)

What part of the Constibillocode makes you the most queasy?
I try not to read too much into the Legal Code, for health reasons!

or...

I really don't like the section about selecting a Chief Justice, it should always default to me!

Seriously, I hesitate to sit here and comb through the constibillocode to look for something that I do not like. To me that is more the job of a legislator than a candidate for Justice. I don't really have an adequate answer for you, I am sorry.

DD:
Seriously, I hesitate to sit here and comb through the constibillocode to look for something that I do not like. To me that is more the job of a legislator than a candidate for Justice.
Hmm.. yes. Poring over the Constibillicode and reviewing case law is something a Justice need not concern themselves with. To be honest tho, who cares what a Justice likes/dislikes about the Law.. upholding it is all that matters. :P

We need Justice for DD! He has faced injustice for so long!

DD: How would you describe the last time you spent on the bench?

falapatorius:
DD:
Seriously, I hesitate to sit here and comb through the constibillocode to look for something that I do not like. To me that is more the job of a legislator than a candidate for Justice.
Hmm.. yes. Poring over the Constibillicode and reviewing case law is something a Justice need not concern themselves with. To be honest tho, who cares what a Justice likes/dislikes about the Law.. upholding it is all that matters. :P
I agree. I was also careful to say "candidate" because I do believe a Justice should be familiar with the constibillocode, but should probably shy away from declaring queasiness at certain aspects of the law. I would not be in this position to go out looking for trouble, instead I would like to help continue the recent competence of the current Court.

mcmasterdonia:
We need Justice for DD! He has faced injustice for so long!

DD: How would you describe the last time you spent on the bench?
Awful, as I recall. So much so that I have declined to run for Justice for many years. The jury system was in effect at the time and it was an atrocious mess.

I have decided to run for this position for a few simple reasons:

I like how the Court is behaving and want to support that.
I am confident that I will be able to devote the time to being active.
I want SillyString to be my boss.
It is for less than a month and will give me the opportunity to test the waters and see if I would be interested to run in November.

What court ruling from the past, say, six months do you most disagree with, and why?

What court ruling since the inception of the current constitution do you most disagree with, and why?

Will you throw the whole concept of precedent right out the window and actually decide cases upon individual merit of the case?

And, which do you find more tasty:

Arkansas Possum on the Half Shell (Roasted Armadillo)

Kentucky Fried Possum

Red Kangaroo Tail in a wine sauce made from Shiraz?

DD, it is great to see you run for Justice!
I am sure you will do great.
I hereby give you my full and utmost support! :)

~ Tomb

It looks like DD is running for very similar reasons to me - I also approve of the current court and wished to help continue its success. Additionally, it looks like DD has more energy and passion for the role than I can dedicate right now.

In light of this, I am withdrawing from the race and endorsing Democratic Donkeys! :)

No, you still have to answer. ^_^

Otherwise I will round up the IRCabal to vote for RON and shove Erublagar into the role! It will be glorious and wonderful and usher in a new age of confusing wordism.

1. The Great Bight's Mum decision was a load of manure. If you fail to maintain the conditions for RA membership then you shouldn't have your vote count, whether the Speaker happens to notice or not.

2. Any ruling that involves me. So just the one I think...

Back