mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
My Lord Flemingovia,

I stand before you today seeking wisdom and justice. The two seldom go in hand, in this great region we both call home. I have watched in terror as the Attorney General's office allowed a complaint against Flemingovia to sit idly by for more than three weeks. At first I was concerned about the damage to my reputation, but after seeing the lack of handling of this complaint, I am more concerned about the reputation of the Attorney General's office for competence and proficiency.

I thought it best that I withdraw the complaint, to prevent the Attorney General's office from further embarrassment and public scrutiny. It is obvious to all that the complaint against Flemingovia would have been one of the most widely watched and commentated Trials in TNP Court history, if the Attorney General's office was competent enough to prosecute.

I have wept for 24 days and 24 nights for the future of justice and the Attorney Generals office.

I come today, seeking justice and wisdom.

Enclosed is my original complaint. I hope that the Fiqh will allow the public the full trial that they so desperately crave.

Name of Complainant: McMasterdonia

Name(s) of Accused: Flemingovia

Date(s) of Alleged Offense(s): September 3 2014 - Ongoing for about a week or so after.

Specific Offense(s): Fraud,

Relevant Excerpts from Legal Code or other Laws:

Section 1.3: Fraud
11. "Election fraud" is defined as the willful deception of citizens with regards to the candidates running, the time and venue of the elections, or the requirements and methods by which one may be eligible to vote or run for office.
12. "Fraud" is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Section 1.7. Conspiracy
22. "Conspiracy" is defined as planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code.

Bill of Rights:
7. When charged with criminal acts, Nations of The North Pacific shall have a fair, impartial, and public trial before a neutral and impartial judicial officer. In any criminal proceeding, a Nation is presumed innocent unless guilt is proven to the fact finder by reasonably certain evidence. A Nation may be represented by any counsel of the Nation's choosing. No Nation convicted of a crime shall be subject to a punishment disproportionate to that crime.

Summary of Events (What happened, in your own words):

Flemingovia lodged a highly vitriolic and insulting complaint against the honourable nation of McMasterdonia. We know that this was in an attempt to discredit the nation from a possible run for the office of Vice Delegate, in which Flemingovia was a candidate.

Flemingovia willfully deceived nations and potential voters with his complaint and the accusation that the honourable nation of McMasterdonia was a nation who curtailed the rights of voters and citizens as established in the Bill of Rights. Furthermore the accusation of murder most fowl against the nation of Mcmasterdonia is both grievous and offensive and lead the nation of McMasterdonia to have no choice but to decline their nomination for the office of Vice Delegate.

We therefore believe that Flemingovia has committed fraud in his attempt to deceive voters and to make the McMasterdonian nomination dead on arrival. Lastly we believe that it should be inferred from these actions that Flemingovia would have attempted to bring further lies and deception against the nation should it have chosen to run.

Finally we include the reference to the Bill of Rights to remind the Attorney General of our rights to protection. The complaint by Flemingovia was evidently intended to be used to hold a trial by media and public scrutiny rather than an appropriate trial before the courts of law and the honourable justices.

Evidentiary Submissions:
The various complaint docket threads

Comments:

May the Lord Flemingovia help you, McM.
His wisdom is never ending and his justice is never ending.
May he help you and bring light to the AG and his office to guide them to right path.

~ Tomb

Welcome, honoured mcmasterdonia.

The fiqh will speedily and efficiently hear your case.

I will not hear the case myself, but will find someone to oversee this matter. Do you agree to be bound by the decision of the fiqh ?

Of course. However, I expect there will be many witnesses so we may need to liase on the appointment of the Overseer for the case. I'm sure we can handle that in a timely fashion.

I am honored to be chosen to adjudicate this case. Please allow me a little time to familiarize myself with the details of the complaint - will a starting date of Wednesday, Oct. 8th work for both of you?

Hail Flemingovia, the one true God!

McMasterdonia and Flemingovia, do you agree to abide by the result of this hearing, whatever that result may be?

Why thank you! That's very kind.

McMasterdonia, you are here before the fiqh seeking justice and wisdom. You present a grievance against flemingovia, that he has lied about you and deceived others, thereby harming your reputation.

Is this correct?

Is there anything you wish to add to your grievance?

That is correct.

That is for you to decide, your benevolent Flemingovian Majesty. I can call witnesses if this will assist the Fiqh in rendering a verdict.

Rl: I'm at a conference at the moment delivering a paper. Food awful. Speakers indifferent. Internet flaky. Bed too soft to sleep. I am home Wednesday and will respond then. Sorry.

BAck now,

Your magnificence, I do not see the validity of this complaint. McM has not shown that any part of the election was influenced by my legal complaint against him. He did not withdraw from the election because of it, and nobody would have taken it seriously enough to have voted against him because of it. My Suit arose out of a bit of fun on IRC, and everyone except the Attorneys General took it in that spirit.

I think we should all pause for a moment and consider with sympathy our poor Attorneys general.

If McM was truly affronted by my suit, then naturally I apologise unreservedly and without hesitation. But I hope he is simply entering into the spirit of light banter in briging this to the Fiqh and, as I have said, i think no real harm has been done by either lawsuit.

flemingovia:
I think we should all pause for a moment and consider with sympathy our poor Attorneys general.
In fact, the poor AGs should get an apology for such silly cases having been filed in the first place. Remember, we AGs are the first line of defense in preserving the sanity of the poor Justices who would actually have to hear such cases. :P

Actually the AG did take it as humor and fun. During the 1st read over. Especially with that AL Bundy GIF. I knew 'speechlessness' and eating delicious BBQ kangaroo was nit in the Criminal Code and thus not the perview of the AGs office. But decided to play along. And we did for a bit with Skippys Mum. But then ot dawned on me the slap-stick TNP humor.....you were upset because of my useage of borrowing Real Life American Democratic Process vote strategy of having a deceased indivdual rise from the grave like a zombie and cast their ballot for me...that I thought you might have been trolling the AGs office.

In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.
"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."

"Yeah, I know, what a Internet Troll."
Definition #1 - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet Troll

At that point the humor had wore off and I decided to shut the discussion/joke/"test" complaint down.

The Attorney general doth protest too much, methinks
Hamlet, Act 3 scene 2

It is a delight to see the Attorney General rousing himself from his customary stupor to post in this thread. If only he had showed similar alacrity when the case was in the constitutional court - then McM may not have seen the need to bring this case to the fiqh.

Since the AG is so keen on keeping trial threads clear of clutter in his court, perhaps he would do us the same courtesy and keep his comments to a peanut gallery thread? I have done him the courtesy of creating one.

Please note that any further participation in this thread by any party, excepting any specifically invited to speak as witnesses, will constitute consent to abide by the ultimate judgement of the fiqh.

flemingovia, thank you for your testimony.

While this complaint was raised by mcmasterdonia over the original criminal filing by flemingovia, I think in the interest of justice we cannot ignore the original response by the aggrieved.

flemingovia, do you wish to add any testimony as regards the effect of mcmasterdonia's charge of fraud in the court on your personal wellbeing?

Just curious...is the lag in this thread an indication of the Fiqh being more or less equivalent to the Court in regards to timely decisions?

Just an observation that there has been no movement on this hearing, which was evidently started because of a lack of movement in the Court.

Or am I missing something?

Great to see the current and presumptive Attorneys General taking such a close interest in the operation of the Fiqh.

This is a step up from a previous court official who claimed we were invisible, or non existent or some such thing.

flemingovia:
Great to see the current and presumptive Attorneys General taking such a close interest in the operation of the Fiqh.

This is a step up from a previous court official who claimed we were invisible, or non existent or some such thing.
I have always been a supporter of the idea of the Fiqh, although I would prefer it was restricted to a more RP capacity and not involved in the laws of the region.

Unless, of course, the current judicial system were abolished and replaced with the Fiqh via RA amendment.

I apologize for the delay - I intended to make a ruling two weeks ago, but I was caught up in a whirlwind of traveling across the region, seeing to local matters as all good rulers must sometimes do. TNPnessee was particularly lovely this time of year.

It seems to me that the entire basis of this conflict is rooted in the parties' lack of attention to their faith. When we consult the Book of Flemingovia, the first thing we see is the story of the Golden Constitution, of Maxx's wrath and the subsequent plagues.

Chapter 2:
8.The third plague he called “Justices”.
9. The people chose Judges to rule over them.
10. But Maxx made the judges to be ignorant and foolish, unable to make a decision or even to tell the time.

The plagues of Maxx caused his people to suffer, just as mcmasterdonia and flemingovia have suffered. And just as Maxx sent down His servant Flemingovia, to show them the way and bring them happiness and prosperity, so too will I remind the petitioners of the glory of their god and the joy of true faith.

My judgement is thus: mcmasterdonia and flemingovia will renounce their idolatry of the Golden Constitution by each writing a hymn to Flemingovia. Until their hymns are completed, each party is forbidden from filing a complaint with the Court, be it criminal or a request for review. This focus on their deity shall surely soothe their troubled souls.

As Ivan has consented to the judgement of the fiqh, I further rule that he must change his avatar to something purple - preferably lilac - for one week.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
May the Lord Flemingovia help you, McM.
His wisdom is never ending and his justice is never ending.
May he help you and bring light to the AG and his office to guide them to right path.

~ Tomb
Sorry if this is blasphemy, but how come everyone is calling Flemingovia "Lord" etc?

Not trying to blaspheme, I'm just curious.

Back