Mall4Del4Life

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this.
I think it is important to clarify that my support for this bill is entirely serious and without a shred of sarcasm.
Not a shred of sarcasm, but a heap of irony. :clap:
Irony.
irony

SillyString:
Romanoffia:
SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
I sincerely hope this is an attempt at Mall to be humorus, and SillyString is perpetuating the joke and being sarcastic in stating support for this.
I think it is important to clarify that my support for this bill is entirely serious and without a shred of sarcasm.
Not a shred of sarcasm, but a heap of irony. :clap:
Irony.

Stravinsky was ironic. Shostakovich was sarcastic.

Lord Nwahs:
Silliness for silliness sake is all fine and dandy, but this amendment is taking things in a direction I don't think is going to be terribly conducive for TNP's democracy. implying tnp is a democracy lels

To make it clear, I'm not going to let this proposal move to formal debate. Of course, under the rules of this assembly,

If at least one-tenth of the members of the Regional Assembly, including the member that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

This means that so long as Mall can somehow muster 8 other supporters to support a motion to vote when he calls for one, he'll get his vote.
I motion that this proposal move to a vote, and require 8 other members of the RA to do so as well.

Oh, what the Hell, this might be interesting...or crazy... or the best of both worlds... both! :P

And besides, every bill has a right to be voted on, IMHO, no matter how stupid the bill is. Hey, look at some the crap that has been passed by the RA already! :clap:

Sixth.

Seeing as one-tenth of the Regional Assembly, including the member that introduced the proposal, have motioned that a vote should be held, such a vote will be held immediately for seven days.

Let's see who's going to be crushing democracy if this passes.

Mall:
Nice try Mr. Speaker, attempting to crush democracy. But the RA has spoken.

Now that's irony if I ever saw it. :lol:

flemingovia:
Voted nay. Only a god could be trusted to wield such power.

Interesting. I tried to get a vote on a bill before the RA that would have done exactly that and got nailed to a tree for it. :lol:

mcmasterdonia:
I'm honestly surprised how many people are "Abstaining" on this bill. It isn't that hard to pick a side people!
But I liek abstaining from stuff ;~;

Lord Nwahs:
mcmasterdonia:
I'm honestly surprised how many people are "Abstaining" on this bill. It isn't that hard to pick a side people!
But I liek abstaining from stuff ;~;

You're the Speaker. I prefer the Speaker to abstain :P

Generally though, I think it is better if RA members read the bill and vote Aye or Against >_> "Generally". I know that I have also abstained a few times. Something like this though.. seems very straight forward.

No one wants this to pass, but they also don't want to be wet blankets and killjoys. They also know they bill will fail whether they vote nay or not, and so they can satisfy both those desires (bill failing, not being a spoilsport).

Crushing Our Enemies:
No one wants this to pass, but they also don't want to be wet blankets and killjoys. They also know they bill will fail whether they vote nay or not, and so they can satisfy both those desires (bill failing, not being a spoilsport).
Heh, I still can't believe this made it to a vote.

mcmasterdonia:

What region are you living in?! :lol:

Don't worry, Mall will purge the abstainers...and also those who voted Nay...Oh, and everyone who also voted Aye would be planked too. Could be fun, you know. Not like something like that hasn't happened before in these here parts. :P

Gracius Maximus:
Everyone should vote Aye.

But if the vote passes, Mall would have to change his name to Caligula.......Mall-igula!

And then we would have to hear Mall incessantly chant the phrase, "sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare." :lol:

Anyone voting abstain will be purged first. At least the naysayers are willing to bravely put themselves on the line to be purged.

Mall:
Anyone voting abstain will be purged first. At least the naysayers are willing to bravely put themselves on the line to be purged.
I'm surprised you would prioritize purges. I thought it was a given that Mall would be LMS.

The reason for prioritising purges is that purges are like a fine wine to be savoured: You don't guzzle it, you sip it, enjoy it, and take as long as possible of a time to consume it. Enjoy the bouquet and fleeting after-tastes. :P

Roman:
You don't guzzle it, you sip it, enjoy it, and take as long as possible of a time to consume it. Enjoy the bouquet and fleeting after-tastes
I would agree if this were wine tasting. But 'purge' goes hand in hand with 'binge' so I would expect one to gorge themselves. :P

falapatorius:
Roman:
You don't guzzle it, you sip it, enjoy it, and take as long as possible of a time to consume it. Enjoy the bouquet and fleeting after-tastes
I would agree if this were wine tasting. But 'purge' goes hand in hand with 'binge' so I would expect one to gorge themselves. :P
The ancient Romans perfected the binge/purge paradigm to a fine art. They even had special 'regurgitoriums' (regurgituriae, to be exact :p ) for this exact purpose. Nothing to like a really good two-way meal ticket to round out a day of gluttony! :lol:

Well, as the ancient Romans used to say, everything tastes better the second time around!

Back