Executive Staff

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
The following applies to the Ministers whose departments recruit staff through the Executive Staff: Home Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Communications, and Culture.

1) We need to make sure that applications for the Executive Staff are processed swiftly, before the applicants lose interest and disappear. For this reason, you should all make sure to check the Executive Staff application thread regularly, and if there are any applications for your Ministry process them as soon as possible. As I mentioned in my campaign, to assist in this I will also be processing applications myself when I get the chance. However, this does not mean that you should rely on me to process all applications, and as I said you should make sure to check the thread on your own.

2) The standard approval process currently seems to be as follows:
  • You edit the application post in the applications thread to leave a notice that the application has been processed.
  • You make an announcement of new staff members hired in a pre-existing thread within your Ministry that is used for this purpose (there should be one from last term).
  • You add the new member to the joinable group corresponding to your Ministry.
The last part is critical: before adding members to the joinable group, they cannot view your Ministry's Headquarters subforum, and therefore cannot contribute much to the Ministry. If you don't know how to add members to joinable groups, I can send you instructions.

I also strongly recommend that you send a personal message to all members you admit, informing them that you have accepted their application and pointing them towards your Ministry's headquarters subforum. Once again, this last part is very important, as new members are not very familiar with the structure of the Delegate's Government forum.

Finally, when I admit members myself, I will be making the same steps as above. So, you will be seeing announcements of new staff members posted by myself.

3) I would suggest that you all create a roll call thread inside your Ministry's headquarters subforum, to see which of your staff members are still present and interested in contributing. I would suggest also PMing all existing staff members and pointing them to the roll coll forum.

4) I would like to see all Ministers do one-to-one recruitment of new members to the Executive Staff of their Ministry. If you see some new member who seems motivated and active, you should go ahead and PM them an invitation to join your Ministry's staff. That is the best way to get new and active members in your staff.

Delegate r3n,

I have sent out a roll call to everyone in my Ministry and so far have received no reply thus far. I will keep watch for that.
I did the roll call in the method where they would reply to my message if they are present still, but I am going to be creating a thread like you asked for that purpose.
I have already recruited 3 members who I thought were active and I will be awaiting to see their responses and how they work in Home Affairs.
However, I will be contacting some more briefly.
I will keep you updated of course.

~ Tomb

I'll post a roll in the communications area and will do one-to-one recruiting. I have already looked at the exec staff thread and will check it diligently.

Back