When will the next book appear?

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
This is the official TNP pool about the release date for the next book of the Song and Ice and Fire series, Winds of Winter. Place your bets!

GRRM just released the World of Ice and Fire, so at least that's out of the way.

I'd imagine the GoT series is putting some pressure on him to finish writing faster, before the series catches up with him. I'd bet Winds of Winter will be released in a year from now.

mcmasterdonia:
Apparently he was considering splitting the last book into two books. That man can't make up his mind.
I heard this as well. The first will likely be the first of the year and the second in 2016.

Is he considering splitting the upcoming book, Winds of Winter? Or the one that was planned after that as last one (I think it's tentatively titled "Promise of Spring")?

What he said was that he considered splitting Promise or Dream of Spring (book 7) in two, but if he does it, he will move stuff from book 6 around so he can deliver it faster... So, it may come in 2018 perhaps

Well, if we're talking about 3 books, and going by his track record so far, I think 2018 for conclusion of the series sounds very optimistic :P .

I think so.

I don't mind that much, I'm really enjoying the whole thing so far. If that is stretched out over a longer period, then I am okay with that.

r3naissanc3r:
Well, if we're talking about 3 books, and going by his track record so far, I think 2018 for conclusion of the series sounds very optimistic :P .
You are optimistic, I meant that I would be surprised if book 6 comes BEFORE 2018 xD

Back