New Cabinet Elected

August is election month in the FRA, and the new Cabinet is as follows:

Arch Chancellor Joe Bobs
Vice Chancellor Tim
Chief of Defence Dyr Nasad
Minister of Intelligence Frattastan
Regional Liaison Officer People United Together
Speaker Wibblefeet

Joe Bobs was previously Vice Chancellor following the resignation of Jonewest and also Regional Liaison Officer. Tim has served as Regional Liaison Officer earlier this year. Dyr Nasad is the incumbent Chief of Defence, having previously served also as Minister of Intelligence for many terms. Frattastan has previously been Chief of Defence for a very long time as well as Arch Chancellor. People United Together has previously served as Regional Liaison Officer. Wibblefeet has been Speaker of the Assembly since early FRA Rangers were seen defending villages from the raiders of Attila the Hun.

A Return to Our Roots

I, Joe Bobs, am announcing a new focus for the FRA, a return to and expansion of the ideals that the FRA was founded upon. The FRA was originally founded partly as a Defender organization, partly as a non-military body with an aim of ensuring the success, vibrancy and development of its member regions. The FRA is going to return to these roots, but also expand its vision to help non-member regions.

How can we do this? It is sadly true that we do not have unlimited resources, it is unrealistic to suggest that any region can come and state that activity is low and we will send a group over to spur your forum or RMB into activity. What we can do is provide advice from some of the most successful region builders in the game. We can help you draft a constitution, help you build a diplomatic network, help you ensure the security of your region, or help you with various other elements of the game. We are making a commitment to information proliferation, the sharing of the experience and knowledge with those energetic new players who want to forge a new region, or for the seasoned players who are finding their footing in a changing landscape.

I also want to assure you this is not a recruitment tool. We are offering help to regions with zero obligation to join the FRA. If a region chooses to join, that’s great, but it’s not something for which we are pushing. My hope is that the FRA becomes the organization you can turn to for help, whether that’s the Rangers for defence, or the FRA for help with your region. The FRA is committed to ensuring the continued survival of NationStates and the variation and vibrancy of its communities. What we get out of it is a more enjoyable NS world that we inhabit.

As part of this commitment to the communities of NationStates, I am also announcing the creation of the Regional History Library, this will be a section of the forum open to all containing the histories of as many regions as possible. Through this library we hope to be able to catalogue and exhibit the extraordinary breadth of communities in NationStates.

I am also delighted to announce Tim as my Vice Chancellor. Tim is one of the leading figures of the Defender and indeed the NationStates world, and as Founder of Spiritus knows a thing or two about region building. Along with the rest of the FRA Cabinet and others in the alliance, he and I will be working on ensuring this new vision is successful.

If your region needs help, in whatever form that may be, please do not hesitate to contact me via telegram at Joe Bobs or visit the FRA Forum.

FRAvision 2014

FRAvision is coming soon! An invitation will be winging your way very soon.

Back