Europeia Update, August 15, 2014

Malashaan

TNPer
p22021798.png

August 15th, 2014
Our Regional Forum

Kraken Maintains His Tentacled Grip On the Goldenblock

Kraketopia has seen himself earn a second term as President of the Republic, receiving 62.5% of the votes in a slight increase on his first term electoral victory. Running again with his Vice President Pope Lexus X, the pair were nobly challenged by a team-up of Ogastein and Common-Sense Politics.

The incumbent victor ran on a platform of dividing the internal labour of the Interior Ministry to provide for more specific foci on the two main areas of recruitment and retention, continuing with the professionalisation of the Europeian Foreign Service, expanding domestic education on foreign policy, greater presentation and explanation of our foreign policy abroad, expanded efforts to forge lasting social bonds between citizens, and a program to reach out to nations on the Regional Message Board to get more people involved in the affairs of our region.

This election campaign saw a burgeoning of political activity as predicted and expected from months earlier, due to a boom in newcomer numbers and participation, and a general desire amongst the populace to increase internal political engagement. Though debates and discussions saw candidates assertively pressing their plans, both ran solid, clean campaigns, and overall the region has seen a strong upswing in activity around election time.

The President saw his entire Cabinet approved by the Senate, and they have begun work with enthusiasm. His Cabinet is as follows:

Foreign Affairs: Anumia
Grand Admiral: Common-Sense Politics
Foreign Cultivation: Ogastein
Interior: Imperium
Culture: WritingLegend
Communications: Calvin Coolidge
Attorney General: Hyanygo
Chief of Staff: r3naissanc3r

We all look forward to this term!

Philosophy Symposium

On the week of July 23rd, Europeia witnessed a great amount of rants and debates formed in its first ever Philosophy Symposium, which was a big success drawing crowds of foreigners and Europeians alike. Such a success that nearly a week after the event has ended, debates and riddles are still occurring, as if it is an endless cycle. What we don't know is if Europeia will ever leave the Symposium, but what we do know is that these debates leaked into the minds of non-participating Europeians, causing a spew of debates in multiple forums.

The Symposium was filled with different types of riddles, debates, and an Ale House (where Turtle Cake-Soup was cooked and freshly eaten). Some of the debates included: Does free will exist? Is morality real? What is the nature of justice? Is crying a sign of weakness? Are turtles mighty, extraterrestrial animals? Most of these debates were not answered outright, rather, these debates continued for days on end with counter-strikes being sent for every argument. Everyone yelled and nobody is the same.

The other half of the Symposium was Plato's Party, where riddles were told, an Ale House was located, and different puzzles to train Europeans to become super-humans. Here's a riddle for you: A man receives a phone call from a stranger telling him what horse will win tomorrow's race. The man laughing it off but being curious puts $5 on that horse, and it wins. A week later the same stranger calls and tells him what horse will win the next day's race. The man bets again, this time $100, just to see if it'll work. The horse wins, and the man is baffled. The stranger calls a third time and tells him which horse will win, and the man bets $500. The horse wins, and the man is amazed. A week later the stranger calls again, and tells him that he'll tell the man the winning horse, but only if the man pays him $50,000. The man pays, goes to the track, puts his life savings on the horse, and loses.

What happened?

I'll let you think about that.

Ovation of r3naissanc3r

The highest Honour in Europeia was awarded to r3n on August 2nd, after he was nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Currently Chief of Staff, r3n also serves as an Administrator in Europeia. One of the largest factors in the Ovation was r3n's consistent helpfulness in all areas of Europeia, providing support to a number of Ministries and individual citizens. r3n is an asset to Europeia, and his Ovation was well deserved.

Europeia's WA Delegate, Mousebumples, emphasised r3n's role in our community:

"r3n has been very helpful to me - and without his assistance (both in terms of being a sounding board ... and in terms of his admin/coding capabilities), I don't think that my term as Minister of the Interior would have been nearly as successful. He's been a great help on so many levels throughout the past months, and I'm sure even if I tried to list them all, I'd inevitably forget ... more than a few things he's done.

He's earned this ovation many, many times over - and I'm honestly surprised that it hadn't been previously awarded."

Following the Ovation, the Ministry of Culture organised a celebratory event. The Ovation party included games, honours, and a place to look back on r3n and some of his greatest quotes (and quotes about him). Europeia thanks r3n for his continued service to the region and hopes he will remain with us... forever.
e5018157.gif

Back