The West Pacific Dispatch

My apologies for the lack of communication from TWP recently. Your TWP ambassador (me) took over the Delegacy, went mad with power, resigned and is currently recuperating. :)

I will be posting July's dispatch soon, but the formatting doesn't seem to be working correctly. I will ask the editor to check.

July edition.

twp_dispatch_sm.jpg

The Sacred Order Of The West Pacific Imperium Foreign Affairs Ministry Update
July 2014 Edition

The West Pacific | Forum | IRC | The Holy Grand Assembly | The Knight Of The Sacred Order
Population: 3,366 | Rank: 6th | Forum Posts: 17,249

Government Of The West Pacific Imperium

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: The Marsupial Delegate of Bhang Bhang Duc | Endorsements: 209
Non-WA Delegate: TAO The Watcher

Guardians
Note: The Guardians are appointed by the delegate, and they serve at his leisure to protect the region and the delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.

The Cardinal Guardian Of The Eternal Dungeons: Yy4u
The Cardinal Guardian Of Chocolate Righteousness: Darkesia
The Cardinal Guardian Protector of The West: Wickedly evil people

The Bishop Of The Holy Grand Assembly: simply country

Champion Commander Of The Knights Of The Sacred Order:

Holy Ministries Of The Sacred Order

World Assembly Affairs: Douria
Foreign Affairs: God-Emperor
Interior Affairs: That Called The Vlagh

Honorably Holy Chief Justice Of The Holy Judiciary : Prison Grove

Table Of Contents
Bhang Bhang Duc Attains Delegacy!
Westwind Appointed Prime Minister
Simple Country Reelected Speaker
That Called The Vlagh Confirmed As Interior Minister
The West Pacific/Equilism Treaty Renegotiated
The West Pacific Armed Forces Commander Position Available

Bhang Bhang Duc Attains Delegacy!

First_Doctor_colour.jpg

The Marsupial Loving Delegate of Bhang Bhang Duc

Let the marsupial madness begin!

When residents woke up on 18 June, they were welcomed by a new person in the Office Of The Delegate, Bhang Bhang Duc! His acquisition of the office comes more than two months after his predecessor, All Good People, announced that BBD would succeed him as delegate, and it came less than a week after Operation Slingshot, one of the final preparations for the transition. Upon assuming office, the delegate declared in his chambers that he hadn't decided a direction forward for the region yet, but he quickly clarified that it wouldn't be 'fenda,' a wildly uncontroversial statement that surprised no one.

The region has been born again, and its been reborn marsupial!

In an unrelated side note, Friday has been rechristened Marsupial Prayer Day, replacing the long standing Karaoke Friday, and songs are being suppressed while singers are being ejected.

Westwind Appointed Prime Minister

large_orson-welles-cigar3.jpg

Westwind enjoying one of his trademark stogies.

The West Pacific now has a Prime Minister, a position that did not exist until Delegate Bhang Bhang Duc made the announcement:

I have asked AGP to be Prime Minister in charge of the forum side government.

We've yet to fully work out the details, but doing this will allow me to build up the gameside experience as Delegate without the forum government going to wrack and ruin.

AGP will also remain a Guardian of the West Pacific. Darkesia, Yy4u and Wickedly Evil People have also agreed to remain as Guardians. Their experience is something I will be relying on heavily.

With this delegation of authority by the Delegate, The West Pacific now has both a Head of State (the Delegate) and a Head of Government (the Prime Minister). Westwind responded to his appointment by saying, "I thank BBD for his confidence in conveying the position of Prime Minister upon me. I ask the Holy Ministers of the Imperium and members of the Holy Grand Assembly to join me in the continued work to build a strong future for The West Pacific."

Simple Country Reelected Speaker

Speaker Simple Country successfully concluded his first three month term as Speaker, but the time for Speaker elections had begun. However, the incumbent was the only candidate to stand for election, and, due to a lack of any other other nominations, he ran unopposed. Therefore, the 'election' was more akin to the confirmation vote That Called The Vlagh was undergoing at the time, although with a slightly higher voter turnout. Simple Country was re-elected Speaker with six members voting for and four members abstaining.

Congratulations to the Speaker of the Holy Grand Assembly of the West, Simple Country!

That Called The Vlagh Confirmed As Interior Minister

Due to Interior Minister Vulcan Prime's inactivity, one of Westwind's last acts as delegate was to dismiss him, and one of Bhang Bhang Duc's first acts as delegate was to nominate That Call The Vlagh for the vacant post. The nomination went to the Holy Grand Assembly of the West for confirmation, and the final tally confirming him was six member approving and two abstaining.

Congratulations to the Holy Interior Minister of the West, That Called The Vlagh!

The West Pacific/Equilism Treaty Renegotiated

the_west_pacific__615055.png
equilism__299350.png

The treaty with our friends in Equilism requires an annual renewal or renegotiation, and in each previous year it has been successfully renewed by each of the signatory regions. However, this year the efforts moved to renegotiation in order to include new language that reflects changes in recruitment across NationStates. The new clauses were proposed by The West Pacific, with an addition clause added by Equilism to ensure clarity of understanding. The new clauses:

• While respecting the right to recruit nations under NationStates rules and understanding the necessities for growth and renewal of regions, neither TWP nor Equilism will deliberately engage in mass untargeted recruitment from the other, nor from one another's protectorates which have been established by each region and communicated to the other signatory.
  • "Mass Recruitment" is defined as the sending of untargeted telegrams on the NationStates site to encourage nations to move regions. This shall not be interpreted to prohibit recruitment, or specific recruitment methods, but rather to respect long-term resident nations and regional policies.
  • Sending telegrams to "New" nations will not be considered untargeted recruitment for the purposes of this section.
The Equilism Senate overwhelmingly ratified the Treaty and its amendments, while TWP Prime Minister Westwind ratified the treaty on behalf of Delegate Bhang Bhang Duc.

The West Pacific Armed Forces Commander Position Available
grav_Vi_N.png

The West Pacific Armed Forces (TWPAF) are looking for a new Commander! Do you have what it takes?

Prior experience in military gameplay and knowledge of game mechanics is necessary for this position, and the best and the brightest from all across NationStates are encouraged to apply. The West Pacific believes in promoting those who have proven their merit by performing in NationStates. TWPAF works to support the policies of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium and works closely with our allies that include The Pacific, Albion, The Land of Kings and Emperors, The New Inquisition, and Equilism. We also work with our non-allied friends around NationStates, especially among the GCRs.

If you have an interest in commanding a feeder military or have suggestions, please contact All Good People via telegram or PM Westwind on The West Pacific forum.

Thank you for the update BBD, and congratulations on your most recent successful delegate change (and to avoid confusion with the article, I am referring to the transition that happened three days ago).

Back