Greetings All

Starberry

TNPer
Honestly; I did not expect to stay in The North Pacific when I founded this nation, not that I knew I'd end up in The North Pacific, I've just never been one to stay in the region my nation was spawned in. I have that kind of weird wanderlust that makes me go, "I wonder what things are like over there," and then go find out. However, since "over there" came to my inbox as a bunch of poorly worded recruitment telegrams, and the telegram I received from Diplomatic Donkeys was actually legible (though, understandably, incredibly long) I decided I would curb my natural desire to roam and settle in to see if life in one of the feeder regions agreed with me.

I'll start by introducing myself; Hello I'm Professor Oak; well not actually, but you get the gist of it. I've been on or around, or thinking about being on or around, NationStates for over a decade. My first nation was founded at some point in late 2003, but I lost the password for that one and the name has since been claimed by someone else, so my oldest existing nation has been around since July of 2004, but honestly I've spent more time absent from the game than I have actively playing it in those years. My activity has mostly been the kind where I show up for a few days, answer a few issues and then disappear. That's something I'm fairly determined not to do this time.

This time I'm doing something I've never tried before, getting involved with a region, actually a couple of regions, to see what's out there, in the hope that it pulls me in and keeps me involved with a site that I've always loved the idea of more than the actuality, and I want to change that (this is not to say that I don't love NationStates, I think the fact that I've kept coming back for more than a decade says I've more than a passing interest in it). Anyway, before I ramble on or blather about too much, let me just say that I'm happy to be here and hoping to get to know all of you a lot better over the coming <insert time period>. Hopefully more of you will come to like me than will come to roll your eyes and groan in my direction.

Can I have a Squirtle?

Seriously, welcome! Anyone with a Pokemon reference in their name deserves a huge welcome to TNP. Here, have some rum:
:tnprum: :rum:

Welcome to The North Pacific!
I am sure you will have tons of fun here!
We have some really intense legislature at times, which you can enjoy if you like that sort of thing.
In addition to that we also have some thrilling Role Play threads that you can contribute to!
And if you are looking for experience and work to do here, well we do have our Executive Staff, Regional Assembly, and the North Pacific Army.
It is always great to have another personality and character on the team :)

Rum is the best gift, I feel at home already!

Thanks for the welcomes, and I look forward to getting involved in all sorts of trouble activities.

Back