Mall4AG

Mall

TNPer
These Courts have a major problem. They can't convict anyone. Yeah sure they convicted someone once, but seriously guys. Come on. I blame the AGs of the past. The AG must ensure that the guilty parties be punished, even if that means using leverage over the Court to force them to comply. As AG I promise to get convictions of guilty parties no matter what the cost whenever possible. Everyone else will be nice and boring, I will bludgeon the justices into convictions.
:rum:

Mall:
As AG I promise to get convictions of guilty parties no matter what the cost whenever possible. I will bludgeon the justices into convictions.
Intriguing platform. Care to elaborate on the means to achieve this end? I can understand someone having contempt for the Court, but how will you avoid contempt of Court, with all the bludgeoning of the Justices?

Mall:
These Courts have a major problem. They can't convict anyone. Yeah sure they convicted someone once, but seriously guys. Come on. I blame the AGs of the past. The AG must ensure that the guilty parties be punished, even if that means using leverage over the Court to force them to comply. As AG I promise to get convictions of guilty parties no matter what the cost whenever possible. Everyone else will be nice and boring, I will bludgeon the justices into convictions.
:rum:
Isn't that what AG's are supposed to do, less the bludgeoning?

falapatorius:
Mall:
As AG I promise to get convictions of guilty parties no matter what the cost whenever possible. I will bludgeon the justices into convictions.
Intriguing platform. Care to elaborate on the means to achieve this end? I can understand someone having contempt for the Court, but how will you avoid contempt of Court, with all the bludgeoning of the Justices?
I have my ways. I will empower the justices to silence impudent defense counsels by refusing to prosecute those same justices for any crimes against the region.

Mall:
I have my ways. I will empower the justices to silence impudent defense counsels by refusing to prosecute those same justices for any crimes against the region.
Hmm.. I was expecting more indiscriminate bludgeoning when faced with censure, but at least you're capable of restraint. :w00t: Immunity from prosecution may help, but there's this silly little document called the konstaytooshun that the Justices are sworn to uphold. I think you would have to leverage the RA as well, so as not to have some lamb start some ridiculous recall motion. That would be an onion in the ointment. ;)

falapatorius:
Mall:
Hmm.. I was expecting more indiscriminate bludgeoning when faced with censure, but at least you're capable of restraint. :w00t: Immunity from prosecution may help, but there's this silly little document called the konstaytooshun that the Justices are sworn to uphold. I think you would have to leverage the RA as well, so as not to have some lamb start some ridiculous recall motion. That would be an onion in the ointment. ;)
The Constibillicode has never stopped me before.

Mall:
falapatorius:
Mall:

You are missing a golden opportunity for regressivism - you should rephrase that to say:

"I will empower the justices to silence impudent defense counsels by refusing to and then prosecute those same justices for any crimes against the region."

Now that would be not only regressive, but epically and ironically funny!

As AG, would you like to see normal trials be replaced with Trial by Ordeal?

That would be really regressive. 1650's regressive. :D

In the spirit of parity, I will throw a series of questions at you, as I have other candidates. You've already answered the one word question, so I won't repeat that.

1. Rumor has it that you are at the extreme end of the "raider" spectrum. Can we expect a 'crush em all, let the rejected realms sort em out' attitude from the AG's office?

2. Will you prosecute so-called raiders and defenders alike?

3. Why is King Durk awesome?

4. Follow up to #3: Will you attempt to be the one who finally gets JAL convicted (if you indict him of course :rofl: )?

5. Boxers or briefs? Don't underestimate the psychological importance of this question. :eyebrow:

I am rather troubled by your nomination Mall. I you're elected to this position, who will be left to defend the innocent nations that have suffered prejudice at the hands of rogue Delegates like Eluvatar? Who will be their champion if you have turned against them?

Romanoffia:
As AG, would you like to see normal trials be replaced with Trial by Ordeal?

That would be really regressive. 1650's regressive. :D
I have several ideas similar to this that I think will revolutionize our system.

falapatorius:
In the spirit of parity, I will throw a series of questions at you, as I have other candidates. You've already answered the one word question, so I won't repeat that.

1. Rumor has it that you are at the extreme end of the "raider" spectrum. Can we expect a 'crush em all, let the rejected realms sort em out' attitude from the AG's office?
In the sense that everyone knows when someone is guilty and I will take whatever steps possible (both legal and ... inventive) to ensure that those guilty join Unibot in Kandyland.

falapatorius:
2. Will you prosecute so-called raiders and defenders alike?
Interestingly it has been defenders who have been the primary violators of TNP law as demonstrated by the fact that the only conviction is of a defender for his crimes against TNP. But yes, were a raider to violate tnp law I would prosecute them.

falapatorius:
3. Why is King Durk awesome?
He is a holder of TNP's Order of Merit and founder of the Regressive Party. Need I say more?

falapatorius:
4. Follow up to #3: Will you attempt to be the one who finally gets JAL convicted (if you indict him of course :rofl: )?
JAL would have to commit a crime first, but I think he'd know not to do so if I was elected heh

falapatorius:
5. Boxers or briefs? Don't underestimate the psychological importance of this question. :eyebrow:
[/quote] Boxer briefs.

mcmasterdonia:
I am rather troubled by your nomination Mall. I you're elected to this position, who will be left to defend the innocent nations that have suffered prejudice at the hands of rogue Delegates like Eluvatar? Who will be their champion if you have turned against them?

I will smack down villains like Eluvatar without hesitation.

Back