Not the Speaker
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Olvern
Discord
lordnwahs
(posted here for the benefit of cabinet members without access to the Cultural HQ)

Full admission first - I don't know jack about GoT. All I know is that it has a sick intro:

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8[/flash]​

Few things:
1. Are we going to design a custom theme for this GoT Week like we did for HoC?
2. What special RP opportunities arise from this? :P
3. Spam thread ideas! Throw them, throw them all!
4. Character sign-up should be more systematic this time around, the last time was somewhat messy.

Any other ideas?

I think it is unlikely we will have a full skin this time around. r3n is away and I don't have time to try and put one together. Do you envision that this should go the same way as last time? Where we all adopt certain characters as our own?

Spam games:

Steal the throne
Plot the murder of the person above you
Which House would the poster above you belong to?

I'll try think of some more.

Very similar ideas came about in our discussion in the culture HQ thread :P

More ideas would definitely be appreciated xD

I'd also appreciate if an admin could be around on the 1st of August so we can start the GoT Theme Week. I'll make the announcement thread as per usual, and then the admin sets up the subforum at The Docks, just as we did for HoC Week.

Just took a look at that thread (hope that is alright?). Other ideas I have came up with?

Sigil of the person above you?
How long would they last in Game of Thrones?
A general discussion thread about the series would obviously be good...

Perhaps a thread about which King you would support? (Assuming they all could have survived).

I wanted to apologize for the huge delay on this, guys.

The reason for the delay is that I was working with TSP to make this a joint theme-week. The idea was that each region would pick one of the GoT houses (us being the Starks, what with being the North and all that, and TSP likely being the Lannisters). We'd theme our regions accordingly, and then have a sorts of war, that'd be mostly spam games.

Sadly, after working on this for a couple of weeks, TSP had to cancel this past weekend, because of lack of time - they are busy preparing for the second volume of TSP's regional games. So in the end, the delay was for nothing.

I don't want to hold the theme week during elections. Assuming I remain delegate, I'd like to see this organized as soon as elections close, say the week 13-20. We can keep the Starks theme, and make it a "Winter is Coming" week, which works well with the timing (except for our southern hemisphere members, sorry mcm and Olvern : P). Otherwise, the new Delegate and Cabinet can do with it as they wish.

Some ideas to consider:

1) "Winter is coming" forum skin.
2) Game of Thrones WFE.
3) Have a series of game-side polls. E.g., who would survive in a duel? or which of the five+ (we can throw in a few more) Kings would you support? We could do this in the form of a bracket.
4) A spam game with a competition among the major families. Each poster kills a member of the family, and the family with the fewest kills wins.
5) A spam game "guess when the next book will be ready".
6) A spam game "post a spoiler".
7) What's your favorite book discussion thread.
8) Book vs TV series discussion thread.
9) Sign-up thread. This could be either for characters/avatars, or for sigils. We should make sure to put the chars we pick in our avatars and the sigils in signatures. First come, first served.

This hasn't seen the same level of participation as HoC week. I have been surprised by that because GoT is awesome! Wonder if less people have HBO than they do Netflix.

It's likely that it is not as popular a theme as House of Cards. Participation isn't bad, but as you said not as good as in HoC.

Back