Bona Mare Inc.

dmb615:
logo_838628_il67l619b8_web.png
page-divider.gif

To Bill Houston, CEO of Westfield Shipping Corp

The I thank you for your interest in the products Bona Mare has to offer. Increased expansion of fellow companies and the determination to further improve the economies both foreign and domestic is something that Bona Mare values highly. We also value that your market is expanding north, somewhere that is somewhat cut off from the rest of the region due to its geography.
Your order of:
x1 CMA-397 Container Ship
x1 CMA-1001 Dry Bulk Carrier
x2 Velomar Dry Bulk Carrier
has been accepted for the price of $220 million. This, however, is a special case as the prices are relatively set, unless in very particular situations. Although this was not one of those situations, I took the liberty to accept the deal as the prices were fair and the fact that Westfield is a well respected corporation in the industry. I thank you for your business and your constant determination in the shipping industry. Have a good day.

-Leon Kline, CEO of Bona Mare Inc.
page-divider.gif
Thank You, Payment will be made swiftly within our promised time-frame.

To Leon Klein; CEO Of Bona Mare Inc.

The government of The Lancerian Empire notes that the demand for international trade to and from the Empire has never been greater. Bona Mare Inc. is a company that remains one of the most competitive and successful in producing and running cargo ships of many different sizes and roles, despite the fact that economic advisors to the government have noticed that Bona Mare's shipping routes suffer from some consequences of over-extension as a result of your HQ being in the North-Eastern reaches of the region. Further, these economic advisors have noted that increasing the trade capabilities of Saint-Cyr, our nation's capital and a bustling city of 7.7 million, would benefit the nation greatly. As a result, the government would like to extend it's invitation to begin negotiations in establishing another hub in Saint-Cyr to facilitate shipping not only to The Lancerian Empire but to all western reaches of the region through a modern and bustling port in Saint-Cyr. The government is willing to subsidize the construction of your new facility as part of a hopefully blossoming new partnership between The Lancerian Empire and Bona Mare Inc. Unlike the Allied States we seek only to have a small stake in your company operations relating to the Empire, 5%. As mentioned earlier, the construction of these shipyards and docks will be subsidized by the government. Taxes do apply once operations begin, but significant tax breaks will be allowed for your company's operations as long as a working relationship exists between our respective leadership in addition to preference for government contracts for ship production. As far as the design of this facility, you may develop a design internally under the oversight of a few engineering representatives from the government or work hand-in-hand with these representatives to develop a design together.

In addition, it has been brought to my attention by the Admiralty of the Royal Lancerian Navy and leaders of the Royal Army that our abilities to deploy troops, and supply them, could be improved by the acquisition of several supply ships produced by your company. With that in mind the Royal Lancerian Navy has requested the construction of 2 Velomar Dry Bulk Carriers, 2 CMA-400 Container ships with a full complement of containers (consisting of 95% Regular and 5% Refrigerated units), 2 Royal Steed Oil Tankers and a single Marlin "James Cook" Feeder. Seeing as these will be commissioned military vessels, the Navy also seeks that these ships be built with certain defensive modifications to be discussed in private. If an agreement cannot be reached whereby these special modifications can be made (despite the Navy's special eagerness to come to an agreement on these matters) then the business of the construction of these ships will have to be taken elsewhere. Should you accept the first part of this message and establish a hub in Saint-Cyr that also contains a shipyard (something the government is very much interested in) then the order will be delayed pending completion of the shipyards. Upon completion of the shipyards at Saint-Cyr the ships will be produced in the shipyards there and you will receive a modest bonus from the government upon the completion of each ship for producing these ships locally.

Finally, there is one more type of ship we are interested in acquiring. The Royal Lancerian Navy has discovered a gap in their fleet whereby ships need to return to port relatively frequently to resupply for fuel, munitions, food, medical supplies, etc. Other navies have combated this need with Auxilary Replenishment ships. As such we are looking for a company willing to design and produce several such ships and naturally Bona Mare Inc. came to mind as the first people to speak to. Though the particulars may be discussed behind closed doors with the Admiralty, the Admiralty would like to know if you are interested in designing and producing such a vessel or producing a vessel if a design was supplied for you.

Sincerely,

Isaac Oudinot
Prime Minister of The Lancerian Empire

Admiral Friedrich Blücher
Representative of the Admiralty of The Lancerian Royal Navy

page-divider.gif
To Isaac Oudinot, Prime Minister of the Lancerian Empire, and Admiral Friedrich Blücher, Representative of the Admiralty to the Lancerian Empire,

Speaking on behalf of the whole company, we are proud and honored to have such an order by a respected, powerful nation such as the Lancerian Empire in our midst. It is no secret that Bona Mare have been looking to expand and are limited to mostly the eastern portion of the North Pacific, having the headquarters being somewhat isolated has hindered the growth to new and foreign lands. The Lancerian Empire, being friendly to such industries, is prime real estate not just for Bona Mare, but for any shipbuilding company looking for economic opportunities and hopefully a new bond between the nation of Dalies and the Empire. Because of the obvious pros that come with the deal for a new facility in the Lancerian Empire, Bona Mare's board of directors have decided to accept the generous offer, setting an example for industries around the North Pacific and encouraging international trade along with bringing new products to new markets. That being said, the representatives from Bona Mare are experienced and informed on the company and the Empire.

The Royal Lancerian Navy is strong enough as it is already, however is due to be strengthened with the purchase of these fine vessels, with the appropriate markings such as paint, flags, numbering and labeling as seen by the leaders of the Royal Army. As for the military additions, there is no reason for them to be denied and Bona Mare welcomes advisers and representatives of the Royal Navy and the Royal Army to interact with the building of these modifications. The ships will be fitted with these additions in the facility in Saint-Cyr, built in the Lancerian Empire with many Lancerian employees taking part of the process that will eventually serve their grand nation.
Your order of:
x2 CMA-400 Container Ships
x1 Marlin "James Cook" Feeder
x2 'Royal Steed' Oil Tanker
x2 Velomar Dry Bulk Carrier
x15,295 20 ft Containers
x805 Reefer Containers
has been accepted for the price of $206,945,340. Due to the offer above, Bona Mare has taken off 30% of the final price. This is just one small thing that I can do to repay the kindness you have showed the company with the generous offer.

To finish up business here for now, the idea of the refueling and replenishment ship has been in consideration for quite a while, but the board of directors feared that there would be too little demand for the vessel as Bona Mare's main customer are shipping companies and nations where the voyages are not long enough to prompt a replenishment mission. However, I am proud to announce that the Board has reconsidered their original decision. It will be solely produced in the new facility in Saint-Cyr, and if demand holds up, then it will be moved and produced in the Eastern reaches of the North Pacific.

page-divider.gif

To Leon Kline, CEO of Bona Mare Inc.,

I am ecstatic to hear of your positive response. Building permits and public legal matters have been prepared within the Empire already, and construction may begin as soon as a legal team from your company arrives to sign the appropriate documents. We're very excited to be working with Bona Mare Inc. over the duration of the project and for many years to come. Admiral Blücher will reply to you later today to detail you the modifications to made to the Navy's ships.

I shall drink tonight to the Empire and to Bona Mare Inc!

Sincerely,

Isaac Oudinot, Prime Minister of The Lancerian Empire

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On behalf of the Royal Lancerian Navy, I'd like to thank you for your great cooperation in this matter. The Navy and even the Army will benefit greatly from this agreement and for that we are very excited to be working with you.

I'm especially glad that you have accepted our order of vessels to improve our vital logistics. These ships will be commissioned Naval vessels and as such these ships will be transporting vital supplies including food, munitions, medical supplies, and fuel for everything from the most basic transport trucks to tanks and aircraft. This makes them valuable targets for people seeking to strike against our long-term capabilities. Paint, numbering, labeling, etc. is obviously necessary for these ships but paint will do little to stop pirates from attempting to board, nor will the correct numbering stop an aircraft from a tyrannical dictatorship seeking to sink our vessels. For that kind of threat, we would like to add the following weapon systems to our vessels.

CMA-400 Container Ships (To be commissioned, and hereby referred to as, the Fournisseur class consisting of HES Fournisseur (LS-1) and HES Transporteur (LS-2))
2 x Phalanx CIWS.
Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg
2 x Bushmaster 25mm Autocannon
US_Navy_111231-N-KS651-967_A_Mk_38_MOD_2_25mm_machine_gun_system_aboard_the_amphibious_dock_landing_ship_USS_Pearl_Harbor_%28LSD_52%29_ejects_casings_d.jpg
6 x .50 Caliber Twin M2 Machine Guns
640px-Twin_M2HB_machine_gun.jpg

'Royal Steed' Oil Tanker (To be commissioned, and hereby referred to as, the Royal Stallion class consisting of HES Royal Stallion (LS-3) and HES Royal Mare (LS-4))
2 x Phalanx CIWS (As pictured above)
2 x Bushmaster 25mm Autocannon (As pictured above)
6 x .50 Caliber Twin M2 Machine Guns (As pictured above)

Velomar Dry Bulk Carrier (To be commissioned, and hereby referred to as, the Haflinger class consisting of HES Haflinger (LS-5) and HES Garron (LS-6))
2 x Phalanx CIWS
2 x Bushmaster 25mm Autocannon
6 x .50 Caliber Twin M2 Machine Guns.

In all of the above cases, there Phalanx systems are to be mounted on each end of the roof of the tower.
In all of the above cases, the 25mm Autocannon is to be mounted with one on the bow and one on the stern.
In all of the above cases, there is to be one twin .50 mounted front right, one front left. One twin .50 on either side of the tower and one twin .50 rear left and another rear right.

Marlin "James Cook" Feeder (To be commissioned, and hereby referred to as, the Relief class consisting of HES Relief (CGL-1))
3 x .50 Caliber M2 Machine Guns.
ussmissouri-bb63-mightymo-101892-o.jpg

One mounted on the bow and one mounted slightly in front of the tower one either side.

These weapons will soon be acquired by the Navy and provided for your company to install on the ships.
There are several other minor modifications to be made to all the ships except the Marlin "James Cook" Feeder. These changes are listed below.

Bulletproof glass installed in all windows and reinforced doors and locks at all entry points to the bridge, engine room, crew quarters, and both storage rooms.
As the potential for more serious injuries is greater as a result of potential attacks, improved Med-bay facilities are a must.
A storage room that can facilitate safe and secure storage of firearms and rifle/machine gun caliber munitions.
A second storage room that can facilitate safe and secure storage of 20 and 25mm cannon munitions as well as spare parts for these weapons.

The Marlin "James Cook" Feeder, the HES Relief will be pressed into service with the Empire Coast Guard and as such needs slightly different modifications listed below.
Bulletproof glass installed in all windows and reinforced doors and locks at all entry points to the bridge.
Improved Med-bay facilities.
A single storage room that can facilitate safe and secure storage of firearms and rifle/small-caliber munitions.
A single storage room that can facilitate safe and secure transport of seized materials and evidence from drugs to generic goods to weapons.

Finally, I am very happy to hear that you have chosen to construct a refuelling and replenishment ship. For the purposes of the Navy these ships will be commissioned and referred to as the Extenseur class (translated as Extender class) and we will place an order for two, the HES Extenseur and the HES Prolonger. In the design, we wish these ships to have a landing pad and facilities capable of housing and repairing a single UH-1Y Huey Helicopter
UH-1Y.jpg
The capabilities for an armament similar to the defensive armament described for the vehicles above, with potential for a larger caliber gun mounted on the bow.
They are to have all the facilities necessary of a Navy ship. Munitions storage, crew quarters, med-bay, etc.
Bulletproof glass and reinforced doors throughout.

We have full faith in your designers meeting these requirements while getting maximum range and as much capacity for fuel and supplies as possible.

Attached to this message is also the colour scheme of our Navy. The dark blue is to be the exterior colour of every ship. The white is the colour for the labeling of the number and name of the ship on the exterior, and the grey is the colour for interior and trim where needed. The black is provided as reference.

Sincerely,

Representative of the Admiralty of The Lancerian Empire.

page-divider.gif
To Isaac Oudinot, Prime Minister of The Lancerian Empire,

I am more than glad to see that the deal it moving through without delay. We, too, are looking forward to the future of our partnership and the future of the Empire and Dalies. It will be the topic of discussion for weeks to come, and the topic of the boards' celebratory drinks tonight.

Thank you and have a good night.

page-divider.gif
To Admiral Friedrich Blücher, Representative of the Admiralty to the Lancerian Empire,

The essential requests for the defense of the ships has been well received and approved by the naval architects and the government of Dalies, which is solely do to the fact that the said armaments are restricted without proper authority. No pirates will be boarding these ships, further proving that the Empire is a force to be reckoned with. The ships will be undergoing additional maintenance to further increase the security on board and below deck. These changes include:
  • Strengthened hull by adding a thicker layer of steel
  • Bulletproof glass in the bridge along with other windows in the ship
  • Improved auxiliary generators along with an improved control panel with more in-depth information
  • Improved hospital quarters
  • Addition of a secure, guarded storage facility for munitions and seized goods
  • A mess hall able to accommodate 50 extra men

In addition to these changes to all the ships, the weapons are clear and ready to be set up on the decks as close to their ideal locations. The vessels The plans prepared by our Naval Architects have been sent to you in a more secure network within the Royal Navy system.

As for the auxiliary ships, they are well into the design phase and the designs for the ships should be done before the month. The rough drafts will also be sent with the documents regarding the plans for the refurbished vessels. I hope you will find that the ships are up to your standard and even exceeding it.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice evening.

page-divider.gif

foreign.png
From the Office of the Minister for Customs & Trade

The Trade Group of the Ministry of foreign affairs is please to place an order for 4 CMA-400 Container Ships and 3 'Royal Steed' Oil Tankers.

The payment for these articles will be wired from the Treasury to your company's account shortly.

We are pleased to conduct business with you,

Minister for Customs & Trade Janet Lawson.

page-divider.gif
To Janet Lawson, Minister for Customs and Trade of the Kingdom of Plembobria

Bona Mare Inc. is thankful not only for your business, but determination to improve the naval trade of the North Pacific and the Kingdom of Plembobria. The vessels are en route to your ports from the headquarters in Mercuvia, Dalies and should arrive within 3-4 days.
Your order of:
x4 CMA-400 Container Ships
x3 'Royal Steed' Oil Tankers
has been accepted for the price of $368 million. In addition to the ships, Bona Mare has taken the liberty to put on a fresh coat of paint inside the crew quarters, the mess hall, restrooms, the bridge, and the corridors. I hope that the vessels are up to the Plembobrian standard and will exceed your expectations. Thank you and have a good day.

page-divider.gif

It is with great pleasure that I come into contact with you again Mr. Kline! Though my grasp of construction is not quite as good as my grasp of naval tactics it would seem to me that the shipyards in Saint-Cyr are coming along quite well and I hear that even talk of the completion is beginning to be overheard here and there. I assure you this is music to the ears of, among others, the Admiralty, the Prime Minister, and even the Queen-Empress herself who I hear has taken quite an interest in the engineering and design marvel being built before her. Thus far you and your organization is far exceeding expectations and for that I offer a sincere congratulations.

There is, however, something I have not yet heard news on and that is the status of the design phase of the Auxiliary Replenishment ships being designed for us and as such we arrive to the true purpose of this contact. Though full faith is maintained in your company's abilities, we of the Admiralty would politely request that an update be provided at whatever time is convenient in the near future.

Sincerely,

Representative of the Admiralty of The Lancerian Empire

page-divider.gif
To Admiral Friedrich Blücher, Representative of the Admiralty to the Lancerian Empire,

It is in my pleasure to happily confirm those rumors of nearby completion of the facilities in Saint-Cyr. It is in the last phases of being outfitted with only the best equipment that are present in all of Bona Mare's ports. I personally find it humbling when such prominent leaders of a great nation such as the Lancerian Empire take interest in the company's actions, especially it have such actions be called an "...engineering and design marvel..." by the Queen-Empress herself. This is something that Bona Mare has striven to do since the founding of this company. I must extend the most sincere gratitude to you and the Lancerian Empire for giving Bona Mare Inc. an opportunity to build this state of the art facility and to connect the people working on this project together.

In regards to the lack of updates, you have my apologizes. A series of updates are what you should have been receiving yet you were left in the dark when dealing with the progress of your order of auxiliary replenishment vessels. I thank you for your patience and I promise from now on, a regular update will keep everyone in the loop when it comes to anything regarding Saint-Cyr and your orders.

The design of the replenishment ships are finished and are in construction as I type this. These ships are the first of their type; a more militaristic design to match the needs and requirements of these such vessels. The replenishment ships are able to carry cargo such as ammunition, fuel, food, and supplies to other vessels or hard to reach locations on shore. Each ship is equipped with a helipad capable of launching helicopters up 59 feet long with a maximum weight limit of 18,000 pounds, easily able to fit a UH-1Y Helicopter. The ships will be fitted with the necessary security protocols needed to keep the crew and cargo safe in even the most dangerous of situations that the ship may find itself in. With these vessels, you can be assured that safety is the prime focus of Bona Mare and these auxiliary replenishment vessels. Overall, these ships are sure to meet the standards of the Lancerian Empire in assisting the
Royal Navy.

rfa-tide-image01.jpg

The official Royal Navy color way was not included in this concept rendering.

Once again I thank you and the whole Lancerian Empire for this opportunity and I can assure you that Bona Mare will not disappoint in providing the quality that Bona Mare is known for. Have a wonderful day.

page-divider.gif

Hiskjriaana would like to purchase five of the Marlin "James Cook" Feeders, but requests that they be modified to have hulls similar to that of the 'Arctic Queen', as much of Hiskjriaana's waters are Arctic. If you are unable to modify them, that is alright and we will purchase them as is.

Back