Lord Nwah admission to the Security Council

Abacathea

TNPer
The Security Council has voted to approve Lord Nwah/Olvern as a member of the SC. I put forward a motion for the Regional Assembly to vote to admit Lord Nwah/Olvern to the Security Council.

This thread may be used as a venue for discussion. I am also looking for a second to this motion.

I won't second the motion of course.

If anyone has any questions about my application, feel free to ask.

Edit: It's Lord Nwahs! Don't chop the 's' off, or the meaning of the name would be lost!

the admission of someone to the SC is one of the most important things the RA can do. given that some people (eg Sanc, Flaptorious) are voting nay, could they give reasons for their reservations to help those of us who do not really know Nwahs well?

flemingovia:
the admission of someone to the SC is one of the most important things the RA can do.
Yeah, you know, that and rewrite the entire Constitution, Bill of Rights, and all the laws, recall any elected official, and declare war on any region.

But right after all that, admitting someone in the Security Council is surely one of the one of the most important things the RA can do. In the eyes of the Security Council it's the most important thing we can do, apparently.

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
the admission of someone to the SC is one of the most important things the RA can do.
Yeah, you know, that and rewrite the entire Constitution, Bill of Rights, and all the laws, recall any elected official, and declare war on any region.

But right after all that, admitting someone in the Security Council is surely one of the one of the most important things the RA can do. In the eyes of the Security Council it's the most important thing we can do, apparently.
Without trustworthy nations on the Security Council those other activities that you list as being within the purview of the Regional Assembly can quickly become moot.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't the Security Council that stopped the last coup TNP had, it was the Vice-Delegate. I should know, I was the Vice-Delegate. So as much as the Security Council likes to hype themselves up as the true protectors of the region that we just can't ever live without...historical evidence doesn't support this viewpoint in any way.

Leaving aside the technicalities, i think we can all agree that the admission of someone to the SC is not trivial.

If there are those with reservations about nwahs, I would like to hear what they are.

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:

Um... Flem isn't on the Security Council...

Blue Wolf II:
If I recall correctly, it wasn't the Security Council that stopped the last coup TNP had, it was the Vice-Delegate. I should know, I was the Vice-Delegate. So as much as the Security Council likes to hype themselves up as the true protectors of the region that we just can't ever live without...historical evidence doesn't support this viewpoint in any way.
My mistake, I thought the Vice Delegate was a part of the Security Council.

Head of it, but not specifically a member, no.

Hell, I remember when Tim was Vice Delegate, there was a giant bitchfest within the SC about whether or not the Vice Delegate had the ability to vote on SC matters. That doesn't sound like a problem a "member" would have.

Can I ask that discussion remain focused on the admission of Lord Nwahs, rather than discussion of whether the Vice Delegate is or is not a member of the Security Council or what the said Council views as the Assembly's most important function.

I for one am still wondering why some people are voting against his admission. If there are concerns, I think they'd be useful to hear.

For my part, I'm in favor because Lord Nwahs is a valuable member of the IRCabal and naturally we support his advancement he's done an excellent job in all the positions he's held and I think he would be an asset to the SC.

Back