Taijitu

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
I heard something about an internal coup/transition in Taijitu. Our ambassador's report and IRC posts from various channels appear to confirm this:

TNP's ambassador:
Recently (about three days ago, it seems) a group by the name of The New Alliance Government seized power in Taijitu. The said group, supported by one of the Founders and a number of Admins, has dissolved the Senate, taken the Delegacy and proposed a new constitution. Insofar as I am able to tell, the group enjoys an amount of support from those who were active while a number of others are ambivalent toward it and its actions; only Delfos (formerly the Speaker of the Senate) has, in those fora that I have observed, made clear his opposition to the group.

I have been a little preoccupied with NE the last couple of days, so I have not looked into their forum myself. I am waiting to hear from Eluvatar about it. But in the meantime, does anyone have any more information on the situation?

I am particularly curious about whether this would affect our treaty with Taijitu. In the past, we have taken the position that the dissolution of a regional government results in the voiding of our treaty with them (e.g., when the Kemetic Republic of Osiris was dissolved by Pharaoh Asta). Seeing that the coup/transition appears to have close to universal support within Taijitu, I expect it would be preferable if we did not have to go down the same route in this case as we did in Osiris'.

Yep. I'm fully aware of what is going on there. Eluvatar is supporting it as are all of the founders council. A vote of the Senate is taking place to give sanction to the revival efforts. Overall this will be beneficial to Taijitu and should bring more activity to them.

Elu briefed me on this shortly after I made my previous post, and his response was in line with what you posted.

There is still the question of government continuity. Our treaty with Osiris was repealed because the KRO no longer existed, despite the fact that their government transition was supported by virtually all of the active forum participants. Elu says that the transition is "almost" legal.

In any event, it's not something that I am going to bring up in the RA. But there's always a chance somebody else may, potential Chas, in which case we should be ready to offer a rebuttal.

Back