-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
This statement is coming from the entire admin team of the TNP forum. It is the hope of the admin team that this addresses the concerns of Romanoffia or at the very least brings them out into the open where they can be addressed. We can only speak to what is posted on the board and our own interactions with Roman.

First, not made in public, there was an allegation made that admin could/would read or tamper with the PMs of users on the forum. So, here is some official documentation. Can Admin read PM? PM logging is *not* enabled on this forum. Elu sent a total of 2 test messages back in January and then turned it off. And if it *was* on, you would see messages informing you it was on. So everyone's privacy is intact.

Second, Roman referred to the following PM as a threat to remove him from the forum. (At least we believe this to be the communication in question) It was sent in response to a couple of posts that were reported by users on the forum. The admin team all agreed that was a very evenhanded and reasonable PM to send in response. (no warning was issued)
PM sent to Romanoffia:
It has come to the attention of the moderation team that your behavior of late has been skirting the edge of moderator action. There have been reports against your behavior, that while not meriting a warning individually, are indicative of a pattern that will soon warrant a stronger reaction than this informal caution. If you feel that it would be burdensome or unfair for you to better regulate your behavior, then please consider a break from the forums to let the irritation subside. That is the method I use, and it does seem to help.
There can be a fine line between game interaction and more personal interaction in NationStates. We have a large number of moderators for just that very reason. To pick out what is acceptable in "game" areas because it may not be acceptable elsewhere. Is it perfect all the time? No, nothing can be. But we all try in good faith to keep this forum up for everyone to enjoy.

At this point, there seems to be systematic/widespread posting by Romanoffia that is *just* toeing the line. And given what Romanoffia has said here, after threatening to report the forum to InvisionFree, it seems as though it could be intentional. For example, suggesting that someone should go hurt themselves in traffic will not be tolerated. It is our worry that Romanoffia's behavior/insults will continue past the point of acceptability. Hence the cautioning PM.

Roman, we ask that you provide the admin/mod team evidence that there has been admin/mod bias. We take accusations of this nature very seriously and we will fully and openly investigate your concerns. Also, if you feel as though you have been threatened, publicly or privately, then please, report it. However, if you are unwilling to share support of your claims, we will not be able to address your concerns. If you are unwilling to support of your claims, we ask that you respect others as we request others to respect you and not lob accusations at others without providing supporting documentation.

The full admin/mod team would like to address your concerns, but failure to share your evidence and continued claims against members of the community will result in adverse admin/mod action. At this point we have not issued any warnings and have no desire to.

Signed:
Former English Colony
Great Bights Mum
Flemingovia
Grosseschnauzer
Punk D
McMasterdonia

I'm trying to be nice about this.

If you will notice, I reported a post by Flemingovia that constitutes 'format busting' (with the clear intent to disrupt a thread). Will anything be done about it? I suppose not.

You know, I have put up with Flemingovia using vulgar and profane terms in describing me . Nothing was done other.

I have put up with threats. To wit:

The full admin/mod team would like to address your concerns, but failure to share your evidence and continued claims against members of the community will result in adverse admin/mod action. At this point we have not issued any warnings and have no desire to.

Flemingovia is stepping over the line here all over some stupid IC 'State Religion' stuff that he will get because what Flem want's, he gets.

Now, if I called anyone the same words that Flem called me, I'd get booted in a flash.

The bias here is that Flem is getting away with stuff that no one, especially an Admin, should be allowed to get away with. He is using his admin position to demonise me and otherwise hammer me because he has some kind of gripe that has extended beyond IC.

I've known a lot of you for a long time, but when I get PMs that essentially criticise me for my "TNP Free Press" criticism of "Flemingovianism", it seems that it goes beyond the pale. It hints at 'shut up and sit down, IC 'free speech' is for some, but not for you."

Now let me be nice about it. You are letting this forum get out of hand. You let trolls destroy a trial thread with obvious acts of trolling, and you did nothing about it. You claim you couldn't, but yet you let it happen. But when I say anything, I get piled on.

Again, you let Flemingovia hammer me with obscenity directed at me and you just say, bad boy, don't do it again, and he does it again with even worse mental imagery. And he will do it again and again. I get called all manner of insults concerning me being either female genitals, male genitals or even thinly veiled remarks about sodomy, and he gets away with it. Sure, someone comments in a thread warning him, but he continues.

The bias of which I speaks is evident in the fact that Flemingovia, a forum admin, gets away with metaphorical murder but God forbid if anyone, especially me, complains or even comments on it, let alone attempts to defend one's self against such rude attacks.

Flem knows better than to use profanity or format busting images to disrupt a thread. I have one PM from an Admin on this board expressing wonder if his children are somehow posting in his stead. I'm sure that Admin wouldn't like for that PM to be made public.

My complaint involving InvisionFree TOS violations involves public posts on this public forum, which was described in a PM from an Admin as being 'public like a street corner' that involve defamatory comments and overt and blatant obscenity directed at me, not in IC but in RL as the comments were clearly intended to go beyond IC and that the comments were blatantly obscene and excessive.

This whole OOC matter is a pure result of my IC resistance to this state religion garbage. It's a sad day when Admins even give the appearance of using moderation to silence an IC position.

It is clearly evident, not only to myself but a good number of other members of this forum, that Flemingovia is being given preferential treatment in this matter purely because he is an Admin on this forum. I have no doubt and many others have no doubt that if I called Flemingovia the same things he called me, I'd be nailed to the wall. But yet it is a wonderment why an Admin can get away with what is prohibited to others and would not be tolerated.

You people wouldn't be making such a big deal out of this if you didn't know that I have a legitimate claim here. That goes not only for IC but RL. I warned about "Flemingovian Infidels" being "Purged" in a parody piece - and now we see (and everyone else sees this too) that this is what this is really about. And it doesn't look good, especially considering I have been in NS since the beginning of the game and that I am the ONLY person who has been in TNP exclusively since the region came into existence.

The easiest way to settle this matter and make it go away forever is to rein in the obscenity and personal attacks that extend beyond IC and to apply the rules equally to Admins and general forum members equally. I have too much time invested in NationStates and The North Pacific as a region. I wish no harm to this forum or anyone here but this piling on is unjust and unfair and deliberate interference with RP game play just to satisfy one foul mouthed Admin who, in my honest opinion, should not be an Admin for the obvious reasons I have stated.

So, do what you already intend and have decided to do as I cannot stop you from doing it. It is what you have already decided and you can have your state religion and an Admin what will stop at doing nothing to get his way. Use your Admin abilities to try to interfere with legitimate RP. It will come to naught in the end. And that's the way dictatorships always turn out.

Roman, play nice.

And for the record, the response from the admin team was in the works well before that thread you made a report about was even created. And the image limits applies here to images in signatures, and says nothing about images in posts.

Brevity, btw, is the soul of wit.

You know better than that. You've been victimised by Flemingovia before. It's still a witch-hunt and a lynching.

I'm being threatened with 'adverse admin action' if I don't turn over PMs to the Admins?! That's George Orwell's 1984.

If anyone gets my PMs, it's InvisionFree/ZetaBoards along with all the screen shots of posts.

Again, what Flem wants is what Flem gets, in forum administration and game play. It's got to stop.

You people have an Admin who stepped over the lines and who you are bending over to protect at my expense. Flemingovia's BS is directly related to this crap so don't protect him. He needs to be removed as an Admin.

You have let him get away with legal slander (and I am talking RL slander) and obscenity and vulgarity in direct violation of InvisionFree/ZetaBoards TOS. I have already talked to IF/ZB and provided them with the requisite information and screenshots, etc. Don't push me. I will file a complaint and follow up on that complaint. And IF/ZB will not want this to progress to an actual criminal complaint, that I promise. Doesn't matter if it has standing or not, IF/ZB will not want the bad press. Believe me, I have seen this happen and the complainant always wins in short order. Bad press is bad press and I won't hesitate.

I have already spoken to GBM about this in more detail concerning Flemingovia's format busting and obscentity and lewd comments directed at me. I was willing to let this slide but since the initiation of this thread, I'm not sure I will let it slide with IF/ZB.

Instead of circling the wagons to protect Flemingovia at the expense of this forum, think about what you do before you act. Put a lid on his crap and personal attacks now. He is not fit to be an Admin and others think so, and more as time goes by, but they are afraid to speak up or get this treatment.

Flem as gotten away with BS that would not be tolerated from others. He is getting favouritism in the extreme. If you people don't understand that, then this forum is not fit to represent the region. Using admin actions or being tricked into it is not fair play.

And perhaps you should look into format busting posts by Admins, the same which has been moderated in the past.

Be fair. Stop defending Flemingovia like he is "God" for a change.

Thanks for your response. The Admin team will consider it.

Flemingovia was warned for his comment Roman. However he has the right to express his support for Flemingovianism just as you have a right to argue against it. All argument should be carried out appropriately and respectfully.

To be clear (as I formatted most of the post), what GBM said in the Agora:
GBM:
Admin action may be taken when a forum user continually badgers and makes threats against other parties.

Allegations which have nothing to support them are just that, allegations. They remain baseless accusations until the team has something to look at.

Making repeated baseless accusations across multiple threads has, in the past, been construed as badgering and harassment. This type of behavior is a warnable offense. This means the member's warning level would increase by a 10% increment.

It is hardly the end of the world.
:agree:

Former English Colony:
GBM:
Admin action may be taken when a forum user continually badgers and makes threats against other parties.

Allegations which have nothing to support them are just that, allegations. They remain baseless accusations until the team has something to look at.

Making repeated baseless accusations across multiple threads has, in the past, been construed as badgering and harassment. This type of behavior is a warnable offense. This means the member's warning level would increase by a 10% increment.

As my final statement on this matter,

It is fairly evident that the obscene content and obscene innuendo used against me by Flemingovia is indeed badgering and is a matter of public record in the form of the particular posts he has made. Again, anyone else would have been formally warned were they not an Admin.

So, if you warn me for complaining, warn Flemingovia for his obscene and vulgar personal attacks too. Giving an instigator a pass for vulgar and obscene personal attacks just because they are an Admin is not only unfair but also reeks of elitism and favouritism.

That is my final statement. I have nothing more to say as nothing I say matters anyway, not that it ever has.

Romanoffia:
Former English Colony:
GBM:

As my final statement on this matter,

It is fairly evident that the obscene content and obscene innuendo used against me by Flemingovia is indeed badgering and is a matter of public record in the form of the particular posts he has made. Again, anyone else would have been formally warned were they not an Admin.

So, if you warn me for complaining, warn Flemingovia for his obscene and vulgar personal attacks too. Giving an instigator a pass for vulgar and obscene personal attacks just because they are an Admin is not only unfair but also reeks of elitism and favouritism.

That is my final statement. I have nothing more to say as nothing I say matters anyway, not that it ever has.
Let's see your evidence Roman of what you consider onscene and vulgar. Post the links right here in this thread.

This is essentially what we've told you through various admin and in various ways.

There is no way we can discern what you think is vulgar or obscene, and it is a little bit ridiculous for you to throw those labels around if you can't show us what it is you consider to be in one category or the other or both.

OK, Grosse, not in chronological order, but here's one that he only got a slap on the back of the hand with a wet noodle:

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8146310&t=7204478

That one was a beauty. You should have seen it before he edited it. A real hum-dinger. Which was it was edited down into an only slightly less offensive, yet blatantly obscene innuendo.

more:

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8139846&t=7187738

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8142997&t=7197753

And I am sure I could find a few more if I really wanted to waste my time on this matter which will, as like others of this nature, come to nought.

The first time, it was probably funny. The second time, less so. The third time is pattern of behaviour that that displays the increasing level of personal animosity in his behaviour that will go in increasing with more time should his pattern of behaviour continue.

Either way, the offensive nature of at least one comment caused someone to report his use of language at least once.

Repeated use of obscene posts created and designed to annoy a specific individual is harassment. Once, not really; twice, a pattern is developing; a third time a pattern of deliberately trying to annoy another member of this forum by use of vulgar language and metaphors shows clear intent to essentially troll that individual.

Now, if this forum is to use (as one admin or mod used the term in relation to this matter) 'street corner' language because this forum is tantamount to a street corner in terms of being 'public', then street corner language is what you will get in ever increasing quantities from everyone here as we descend into total vulgarity and profanity, most of which is designed to attack others on this forum.

So, if this type of language and the intent with which it was used by Flemingovia towards me is to be the new 'normal' and an accepted practice, don't complain when that's exactly what happens all around.

Many thanks for the consideration of my response. Whatever the forum Administration decides will set the limits of what is acceptable in terms of forum behaviour when it comes to the use of obscenity and profanity in personal attacks, IC or IRL.

Back