Olvern Application Discussion

Abacathea

TNPer
Olvern/Lord Nwahs has applied to join the Security Council here.

This thread is for council members to discuss the application. Once discussions conclude (after the majority of members have weighted in) we shall move this to vote.

Why do you approve? He hasn't been keeping his endorsements up very high, although I will grant you they look to be steady where they are.

I'm less inclined to want to add a bunch of people than it seems others are. Sorry to be so negative, but the more people we allow to maintain high endocounts the more possibilities for something bad to happen.

Olvern asked for my advice on whether or not he should apply and I encouraged him to do so. His endorsements are reasonably high at 245, I expect that he did not wish to go too high as he is not on the Security Council at present.

I support his admission as I have known Olvern for a long time and I feel that we can trust him. He is only active in the North Pacific and his WA has been in our regional permanently since he joined. He was remained consistently active on our regional forum and has demonstrated good work ethic in the other positions in the government that he has held.

He would be at the bottom of the line of succession. I think that the more trustworthy nations we have on the Security Council the better. Putting it simply - nations can endorse their way up to reasonably close to the Vice Delegate without being a member of the Security Council anyway. Our ability to remove them is fairly limited and is largely based on how known they're to us.

I feel that Olvern will be an asset to the Security Council for all of the above reasons. He has also maintained a regular presence on the RMB which will help with his name recognition and trust with the wider public.

He has been respectful of keeping an endocount comfortably behind the SC. He is also a very active and good humored player. I am willing to trust him, I think he would be an excellent addition.

I don't see any problems with Olvern being in the SC. He obeys the rules, is active and has never given any indication of anything contrary to regional interests.

I'm inclined to agree with DD, McM and Roman, but I'd also be interested in seeing FEC's thoughts further as well as hearing from the outstanding members should they wish to weight in.

I'm not go to express an opinion because like some of the other recent additions, much of his presence in the region was during my medical leave of absence, and I don't think I have enough direct data to make a definitive reaction.

I think I'm most comfortable allowing past delegates/VD or really long term TNP residents because I feel like they've shown they can get up really high and then give it up peaceably. I feel like (under the new 6 mo influence rules) we run a greater risk, even with more people in the SC.

I don't know Olvern quite frankly, this has nothing to do with him in particular.

Back