RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
So, ladies, gents, durks, etc etc, I'm the new TNP cartographer. And I like maps. Well, most maps. I'm not too much of a fan of this one, but I can't just get rid of it and say 'we doing things this way because yes'.

Sooooo... here's a poll.

Ok so I want a new map for a few reasons.

The first is that I don't have - nor do I think exists - a good map file. The current file is jpeg which means I can only do so much with it and if I wanted to do things like a time zone map, techtonic plates, resources etc I'd need to recreate the map by hand. That would be difficult and time consuming.

Secondly is that I'd like to get started on a wider Pacifica map project. It's something that I've had conversations with Bel about in the past, and others have recently shown support for it. Pan-Pacifican rps with roleplay communities that still exist, unlike what we have now.

Which brings me to three. We're currently on Embolia's defunct NS Globe map which includes regions that totally still exist like the Eastern Islands of Dharma. Other regions on there include the South (who?) and our treatied allies the International Democratic Union who unfortunately look to have stopped rping. I'd like for us to include IDU if we can, but the opportunity to work with TEP or TSP on a joint map project would be much more beneficial to our roleplay culture, in my opinion.

So, yeah. I'm happy to do whatever but I'd prefer a new map. Have at it folks.

Another new map? I think this is about the fifth. I have no problem, except that my population keeps getting lost on their way back from their holidays.

If you speak to Thel D'ran I am sure he has the files for earlier maps.

If a new map means the opportunity to work with TEP on a joint map project, yes.

I think a new map is a good idea. It could boost RP and encourage cooperation between the Pacifics.

An updated map would be useful. I am not opposed to a pan-pacifican map, as long as trying to make it pan-pacifican does not result in not getting a new map at all. The updated map should be the priority objective.

It is my primary objective. If the region votes to get a new one, we'll get that done and then talk to the other Pacifics.

Thatchertropolis:
I don't mind having a new map, but if we do get one, what would it look like?
Something like this. I'm open to feedback on the style of that map.

Will upload a sample claims map if people wish.

I've not included any rivers or mountains or similar simply because it would be a lot of work for a map we might not even use. I can fully deck out an area of the map if people wish, just to get further style feedback.

Would we still be allowed to request custom claims? Like we give you an image and you putting it in.

Malvad:
Would we still be allowed to request custom claims? Like we give you an image and you putting it in.
That would depend on the claim. It'd be done in a case-by-case basis, mainly because I'd have to edit it slightly to fit in with the map style.

So long as I get an archipelago (hence 'Archipelagian Kingdom of Archegnum'), I guess it would be a good idea. No one seems to be reading the territory requests anyway...

I do read the territory requests thread, however I was only appointed two days ago and won't be updating the current map until this vote is over.

Nierr:
I do read the territory requests thread, however I was only appointed two days ago and won't be updating the current map until this vote is over.
And how long would that be? :P

Between 5 and 7 days after it opened. *shrugs*

Probably end of this week so I can spend the weekend Doing Things On The Map.

I think this map looks cool. The small details that were added are nice, and if this isn't the final product than I'm interested in what is.

I'll vote for the new map.

Back