HM Executive Government

Prime Minister: Klaus Mikaelson
Deputy Prime Minister: Jonewest
Foreign Secretary: Enda Kenny
Culture Secretary: William Mikaelson
Defense Secretary:MacGregor Mikaelson​

In this Issue:​

Contents...​
-By-election called, and the candidates.
- Cabinet changes (Michael Collins replace Aaron as Foreign Secretary, William Mikaelson replaces Govindia as Culture Secretary, Jonewest replaces Alastair Montgomery as Deputy Prime Minister).
- Weddings (both Klaus & Sophia, and Jonewest & Tak).
- Court changes (Michael replaces Tak as a Justice).
- The court ruling on Executive Orders
-Culture Ministry May Update

Topics...

British Isles Department of Culture, Media, and Sport

New Culture Minister

On May 7th, 2014, Mr. William Vladimir Mikaelson was appointed Minister for the Department of Culture, Media, and Sport. He had sent out the following introduction letter to the British Isles:

Speech

From the Desk of Culture Secretary William V. Mikaelson,​
th

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great honour and prestige that I serve you as your new Culture Secretary. First of all, I would like to say how much of an honour and how grateful I am to be the new Secretary of Culture here in the British Isles. I would like to thank His Majesty King John and Deputy Prime Minister Jonewest for their guidance that I've been receiving as well as Prime Minister Niklaus Mikaelson for this appointing me to the position I am now.

Now, I know there has been some criticism regarding the position of Culture Secretary and how weak the goals are and how inactive my past predecessors have been, but I promise that as long as I am Culture Secretary, I will strive to do what the past couldn't and get more work done as the Secretary. I promise that I will continue to be active in my duty to this region and to make an impact that will last for as long as the British Isles exist. I will make the Culture Ministry the best it has ever been. I will work with other Ministries of His Majesty's Government to keep members and government officials active to lead this region to greatness. I will fulfill my duties and obligations to this region.

God Save The King, and God Save The British Isles!

Since being appointed as Minister for the Department of Culture, Media, and Sport, William Vladimir Mikaelson, has announced several promising upcomings and events for the British Isles.

Mentor Programme

On May 12, 2014, Culture Minister Avalon revealed intentions to reopen the Mentor Programme at the Culture Department Building at Whitehall, London in a press conference. However, with other events planned for the British Isles and inactivity, the reopening was forced to be pushed back to an estimated time for all the way August.

th

Mr. Mikaelson speaking

"The Mentor Programme is absolutely necessary for our new citizens," Mr. Avalon had said, "When citizens enter the British Isles, there will always be a need for someone to guide these new individuals to know the law and events of the British Isles. These citizens may remain active, as well as participate in His Majesty's Government and become great leaders. In order to do this, we must first get people for the job. The Culture Ministry has estimated that activity will gain momentum as early as late May or early June, all the way to August at the very least..."

World Fair

It is infamously known in the British Isles that the Culture Ministry has long attempted and failed organising a world fair. However, in his introductory letter to the British Isles after being appointed as Culture Minister, Mr. Mikaelson promised that he would fullfill all goals and duties of being the Culture Minister, as well as actually organising the World Fair. In this World Fair, the following festivals will be in it:

Art Festival
(Categories discussed; Best Original Art, Best Digital Art, Best Avatar, Best Signature, and Best Flag)
-Literature Festival
(Categories discussed; Poems, Short Stories, Essays)
Special limited time titles will be given to winners by His Majesty, King John Kensington II, Monarch of the British Isles.

Mr. Mikaelson also stated that he would work with the Foreign Affairs Ministry to get it out to other regions as well, that are embassies and allies.

A New Foreign Minister
390px-EndaKenny.jpg
With the resignation of Aaron as Foreign Minister, Mr. Enda Kenny was appointed as the new Foreign Minister for the British Isles. Upon taking office Mr. Kenny said that the Foreign Ministry would be more active. He has yet to live up to the promise as the May Update is weeks late.

Vacancy Act
02Parliament.JPG
In the month of May, Parliament passed a new law stating that : Any Member of Parliament or Lord who has not participated in debate for a period of one week shall be immediately removed from office. And also requiring that: A Member of Parliament or Lord may give a single notice of absence per term. The Member of Parliament or Lord absence shall not exceed two weeks. If the Member of Parliament or Lord has not participated in the debate two weeks after the notice of absence is given, the Member of Parliament or Lord shall be immediately removed from office.
The new version of the Vacancy Act declared the Old Vacancy act null and void.

Marriage May
This month love was in the air. 2 marriages took place this month one between Prime Minister Klaus Mikaelson and Sophia Wagner(now Mikaelson) and another between Deputy Prime Minister Jonewest and Member of Parliament Takanashi. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes the lovers the best of luck.

t5260441.png
THE SUPREME COURT OF THE BRITISH ISLES​
Decision​
CASE 99.0000.16:​
Cameron Romefeller V. His Majesty's Government​
May 11, 2014​

Justice R. North, with whom The Chief Justice and Justice Nicholas Concur.

On April 22, 2014, Lord Home, Cameron Romefeller, petitioned the court to review the legality of Executive Order 4/21/14 suspending the implementation of the Vacancy Act (2012). Which was issued by Respondent Klaus Mikaelson, Prime Minister of the British Isles, after the respondent inquired of the Office of Legal Aide "Is it possible to suspend a law while Parliament works on drafting a better version of it? For clarification, I'd like to suspend the Vacancy act until a better version can be properly written, debated and voted on in both chambers. Can I legally do so?"
To which Former Justice Shirudo answered:

The Constitution invests all Executive authority in the Prime Minister; given that Executive authority is generally understood to encompass the execution of the law, it is feasible that a Prime Minister could issue an Executive Order suspending a piece of legislation for a set period of time - or less formally His Majesty's Government could elect to simply neglect the enforcement of a piece of legislation as a matter of policy. The former option is more advisable.

Of course, such suspension would have to be constricted by a time limit; outright removal of a piece of legislation would necessitate the initiation and conclusion of Parliamentary processes associated with the revocation of legislation. Parliament, after all, creates the law; His Majesty's Government executes the law; and the Judiciary interprets the law. -Former Associate Justice Shirudo
Mr. Shirudo, arguing on the Respondent's behalf, restated the belief that the executive, executes or enforces the law as being implied through Article 3 section 2 of the The Second Constitution of the British Isles which states that "All Executive authority shall be vested in the Prime Minister." Justifying, the ability of the Prime Minister to ignore or suspend laws. However, the issue is the Constitution, does not give the enforcement of laws as part of said executive authority. It is abundantly clear as to what the Prime Minister, may or may not do, as the Constitution enumerates executive authority. The constitution when stating that "all" executive authority shall be vested by the Prime Minister," it is not extending to them extra-constitutional UN-enumerated authority or powers, but is merely stating that the Prime Minister is the exclusive wielder of the authority enumerated in the constitution.

When looking for the relation between executive authority and legislative power, the constitution gives us the clear indication that while Yes "All executive authority" is reserved to the the Prime Minister, it also states that, "All legislative power shall be vested in the Parliament of the British Isles," This creates a separation between the Executive and Legislative, which was litigated in Judicial Review 99.0000.14 in which we held, that "the autonomy of the executive... is... to be separate from Parliament. These two entities co-exist only through the Prime Minister, the person charged with administering the Executive. -J. Hanover" It is clear, that the constitution does not endorse a system where a Prime Minister, on their, whim may suspend a law, trampling on the exclusive legitimacy of Parliament's power to legislate, to suspend, impede, or in anyway revoke a law is an act of legislation that is reserved to parliament, exclusively, excepting in which case "orders-in-council" are issued, however, in this case they were not.

It is particularly important that we focus on what the Vacancy Act does. In no uncertain terms, it holds that "Any Member of Parliament or Lord who has not participated in debate for a period of one week shall be immediately removed from office." (Vacancy Act 2012). First, if we were to assume that the Prime Minister may suspend laws, which we do not, We certainly would not do so when that law deals specifically with Parliament as the law lays out no grounds for its enforcement by the Executive, instead it is a clear instruction to the Administration Team that when member 'x' fails to do 'y' they are to be remasked. The Executive's agency to execute the law is removed from the equation.

The more important and somewhat dangerous implication in allowing the Executive to suspend a law relating exclusively to the legislative, is that, the Constitution instructs us that "The Member of Parliament who commands a majority support of the House of Commons of the British Isles shall be seated as the Prime Minister." Since the Prime Minister, holds their position at the pleasure of Parliament, we can not over look the possible miss use of this supposed, executive authority. By suspending an act of Parliament, which relates directly to the make up of the body which is needed for them to maintain their position.

We reject the reasoning provided by former Justice Shirudo in full, and hold that the Executive Order issued on 4/21/14 is in fact illegal and order the immediate resumption of the Vacancy Act's (2012) enforcement.
It is so Ordered.​

Back