Applications for the Executive Staff

Nation in The North Pacific: Sil Dorsett
Ministry you are interested in joining: WA Affairs
Previous experience in this area of government: 4x Minister of WA Affairs

Ministry you are interested in joining: Foreign Affairs
Previous experience in this area of government: 1x Minister of Foreign Affairs, Former Senior Diplomat

Previous experience in this area of government: 4x Minister of WA Affairs

Previous experience in this area of government: 1x Minister of Foreign Affairs, Former Senior Diplomat
Accepted for WA, invite yourself in the server.

I'm sorry for the long wait on applications.
Nation in The North Pacific: New Bismuthium

Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: absolutely none
Accepted. Sending you a PM

Welcome back! Accepted

Nation in The North Pacific: Interwood
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: 1-time GA Author, prior Outreach Officer of TRR (under nation Morover)

Nation in The North Pacific: Fredericksborg
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of World Assembly Affairs
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:

- World Assembly Delegate - Diamond Citadel [7 months] (now defunct) and Gillardium [3 months] (now defunct)
-
Home Affairs Minister - Diamond Citadel [5 months]
-
Deputy Prime Minister - Diamond Citadel [2 months]

Nation in The North Pacific: Shkurat
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: None, I apologize.

Nation in The North Pacific: Interwood
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: 1-time GA Author, prior Outreach Officer of TRR (under nation Morover)
Nation in The North Pacific: Fredericksborg
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of World Assembly Affairs

- World Assembly Delegate - Diamond Citadel [7 months] (now defunct) and Gillardium [3 months] (now defunct)
-
Home Affairs Minister - Diamond Citadel [5 months]
-
Deputy Prime Minister - Diamond Citadel [2 months]
Both accepted...apologies for the delay. I will be sending private messages to you both via the forums with more details.

Nation in The North Pacific: Shkurat
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: None, I apologize.

Nation in The North Pacific:Huks Gares
Ministry you are interested in joining: FA
Previous experience in this area of government: Former MoFA
Both Accepted. Sorry for the delay.

Nation in The North Pacific: Dreadton
Ministry you are interested in joining: Radio
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:none

Nation in The North Pacific: Eywaan
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Was previously the Ambassador to NationStates.

Nation in The North Pacific: Morover
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I was one of the cohosts for the revival of Rejected Radio, perform for a living.

(As a side note, which may affect my entry, I'd prefer to keep my own content actually speaking and presenting radio announcements to a minimum, and stick to the actual writing and scheduling part of the process. While I can perform, I'm not a voice actor by any means and it's difficult to convey myself with physical expressions)

Nation in The North Pacific: Morover
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I was one of the cohosts for the revival of Rejected Radio, perform for a living.

(As a side note, which may affect my entry, I'd prefer to keep my own content actually speaking and presenting radio announcements to a minimum, and stick to the actual writing and scheduling part of the process. While I can perform, I'm not a voice actor by any means and it's difficult to convey myself with physical expressions)
Accepted! I'll send you information shortly!

Nation in The North Pacific: PotatoFarmers
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Not really, though have some experience with various forms of RPing and now trying to build up my RPs in TNP.

Nation in The North Pacific: Rom
Ministry you are interested in joining: Communications
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Not a whole lot outside of the various GP reports I have made in the past, and the occasional SC Resolution I will write.

Nation in The North Pacific: Rom
Ministry you are interested in joining: Communications
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Not a whole lot outside of the various GP reports I have made in the past, and the occasional SC Resolution I will write.

Accepted

Last edited:
Nation in The North Pacific: Eywaan
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Was previously the Ambassador to NationStates.
So sorry for the long wait. But you're accepted! and PM is sent!
Nation in The North Pacific: Stone Ira
Ministry you are interested in joining: Foreign Affaires
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: No
It seems you've failed the admin check. Please apply for citizenship/residency again and I'll be sure to accept.

Last edited:
Nation in The North Pacific: The Netheregion
Previous experience in this area of government: No previous exprience. Eager to read WA 101 and contribute to WA discussion threads.

Nation in The North Pacific:Sanjurika
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture (Cards)
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Zip. Zero. Nadda.

Nation in The North Pacific: The Netheregion
Previous experience in this area of government: No previous exprience. Eager to read WA 101 and contribute to WA discussion threads.
You're accepted! I'll be sending a private message to your forum inbox shortly with more details.

Nation in The North Pacific: Racoda
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture (Cards Guild)
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: —

Executive Staff FAQ and Applications
7qIyveK.png
What is the Executive Staff?
Executive Staff is the body of residents and citizens that are employed by one or more of the Ministries of the Executive Government. It is essentially The North Pacific's equivalent of a civil service. The Executive Staff provides a direct path for residents to get involved in the Executive Government. It is ideal both for new residents who want to gain experience in how the government operates, and for experienced citizens who are looking to contribute to the region though the Executive.

What Ministries are there and what do people do in them?
There are currently seven Ministries, of which six employ residents through the Executive Staff: Home Affairs, Foreign Affairs, WA Affairs, Communications, Radio, and Culture. The names alone should provide a rough idea of what each Ministry does. In the second part of this post, there are details about the various job opportunities within each Ministry.

How do I join?
Glad to see that you decided to join! Here are the steps you need to follow:

Step 1: Meet the requirements. There are only two and very simple requirements. First, you need to have a nation in The North Pacific. Second, you need to have an account registered in this forum. And that's all.

Step 2: Make sure to read the second part of this post. There, you will find detailed descriptions of the various jobs available within each Ministry. By consulting those, you can decide which Ministry interests you the most.

Step 3: Fill out an application and post it in this thread. The application is as follows:
Code:
Nation in The North Pacific:
Ministry you are interested in joining:
You can apply for more than one Ministries by submitting multiple applications. Once you have applied, the Delegate will review your application and inform you of the result, usually within 48 hours.

How do I show off that I am in the Executive Staff?
Excellent question! All members of the Executive Staff get to display the following cool banners in their signatures, depending on which Ministry or Ministries they are a member of. If you are a member of multiple Ministries, you are strongly encouraged to use the small versions of the banners.

Ministry of Home Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of
Communications

Ministry of Radio

Ministry of Culture

Ministry of
World Assembly Affairs

The North Pacific University

home_affairs_large.png

foreign_affairs_large.png

communications_large.png

f9q7nL7.png

culture_large.png

wa_affairs_large.png

0Ku1wfR.png

home_affairs_small.png

foreign_affairs_small.png

communications_small.png

pF06TqM.png

culture_small.png

wa_affairs_small.png

MrJG9ux.png

home_affairs_badge.png

foreign_affairs_badge.png

communications_badge.png

q1pVCvd.png

culture_badge.png

wa_affairs_badge.png

lZqonKG.png

Are there other ways to get involved in the Government?
We strongly encourage you to apply for citizenship. This allows you to vote in elections and stand for office. It also allows you to legislate, by taking part in the Regional Assembly. In addition to legislating, this also allows you to vote in elections and stand for office. You can look here for more details.

If you are interested in learning about the exciting aspect of the game that is military gameplay, you can join the North Pacific Army. By becoming a member, you can help protect the region and our interests abroad. You can learn more about it here.

If you are interested in the World Assembly, you can join Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. There, we discuss and vote on all resolutions going to vote, and we also discuss and provide feedback on drafts. You can learn more about it here.

I still have questions!
If you have questions about the Executive Staff in general, feel free to contact Delegate McMasterdonia. If you have questions about a specific Ministry, then do not hesitate to contact the respective Minister---they are listed below next to each Ministry. If you have questions about citizenship or the North Pacific Army, please look here and here, respectively.

Job Opportunities Within Each Ministry

home_affairs_large.png

Ministry of Home Affairs - Minister BluieGamer

Recruiter of nations in The North Pacific: The North Pacific has over 7,000 nations, but only a few dozen of them are active on the forum. One of the functions of the Ministry of Home Affairs is to encourage as many of these nations as possible to join the forum, so that they can enjoy the full experience of The North Pacific. As a Recruiter, you will be expected to maintain a regular presence on the Regional Messaging Board, where you will be posting to promote forum membership and involvement. Furthermore, you will be contacting nations by telegram, to invite them to join the forum and assist them with any issues they may encounter in the process. Good communication skills are required for both of these functions. You will also need to make a considerable time commitment towards watching and participating in the game-side aspects of The North Pacific. Of course, this also means that you get to engage with the entire nation population of The North Pacific, which as you will discover is a very enjoyable experience.

Forum Mentor: Our forum receives more than a dozen new members a week and these members often need help learning about the opportunities and the things to do in The North Pacific. Our mentoring program assigns each of our mentors to a few mentees as soon as the join. You will get to meet new nations and will find it to be a very rewarding experience. Applicants should be long-standing and experienced members of the region or be willing to take on more responsibility than they are normally used to.

foreign_affairs_large.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Minister @TlomzKrano

Ambassador in the Diplomatic Corps: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs maintains a presence for The North Pacific abroad by establishing embassies in other regions. Each embassy is run by its own ambassador, and by joining the Diplomatic Corps you can also become one. As an ambassador, you will be a diplomat representing The North Pacific abroad. You will be expected to deliver any materials provided to you by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Delegate, and keep an eye out for anything in your assigned region that may be of interest to The North Pacific. Of course, you will need to conduct yourself in a manner appropriate to a diplomat at all times. Being an Ambassador is a great way to get exposure to different regional cultures, meet new people, and make a name for yourself interregionally.

Team Leader, Mentor: An internal role which is appointed by the Minister in communication with the Delegate and Senior Diplomats, these are experienced diplomats and Ambassadors who are ready to move up the ladder and begin passing on their knowledge to newer Diplomats. A demonstrable knowledge of foreign affairs and diplomacy will be essential in order to achieve this position and subject to an interview with senior ministry staff and passing vetting procedures.

Senior Diplomat: This is a senior leadership role within the executive staff that will advise on diplomatic issues, treaty viability, treaty-law and other high-level foreign affair and diplomatic matters. They will set the curriculum for mentoring, will oversee assessments and will advise the government on foreign affairs matters including embassies. This is an internally appointed role subject to application and vetting.

communications_large.png

Ministry of Communications - Minister @Marcus Antonius

Staff Writer in The Northern Lights: The Northern Lights is the official newspaper of The North Pacific, and it is a global publication with a focus on relevant and timely articles. The exact subject area will be determined after discussion with the Minister of Communications, based on your own interests and on the current staffing needs. You will be expected to submit an article of roughly 1250 words once every two months. Your articles should include relevant and interesting analysis. You can expect that your articles will be edited by senior Editorial Staff. This is done to enhance the professionalism of the newspaper and to provide a learning experience for newer writers.

Staff Writer in The North Star: The North Star is a monthly collection of reports from The North Pacific, and serves as a global publication with a focus on events relating to The North Pacific that will be distributed as an update to our foreign embassies. As a Staff Writer in The North Star, you will be writing reports in specific subject areas, e.g., world assembly updates, judicial news, legislative affairs, election reviews, and so on. Reports should aim to be roughly 400 words in length.

f9q7nL7.png

Ministry of Radio - Minister El Fiji Grande

Northern Broadcast Service: NBS is the official YouTube channel of The North Pacific, and is designed as a podcast to spread information both within the region and around the world. NBS hosts news shows, feature series, bulletins, and newcomer tutorials. As a staff member of NBS, you will help write podcast scripts, help schedule podcasts and interviews, and broadcast your voice over the air. You will be expected to help produce at least one video per month.

culture_large.png

Ministry of Culture - Minister Prydania

Event Management: Events are a huge part of the Ministry of Culture! They require careful planning and implementation, new ideas, and are a creative outlet for TNP to show it's fun side.

Games and Entertainment: If you are interested in hosting games and activities, such as movie watching, online games, awards, seminars, and everything in between this is the area for you! Games and Entertainment is also responsible for the University and the Games and Arts subforums.

Roleplay Events and Promotions: This subsection of the Culture Ministry is responsible for promoting the offsite roleplay community in-game, showcasing the work of our RPers, providing supporting infrastructure to the RP moderators and organising roleplay events.

Graphics: Graphics folks should be available to design logos, banners, and other images on an as-needed basis. Work will likely be intermittent and highly varied, so flexibility is good to have. Examples of prior work highly desirable - please send via PM!

Cards Guild Staff: If you are interested in Cards, this is the Ministry for you! This Cards Guild Staff helps the Guildmaster and their Deputies run the current cards projects and develops new ones. Applications are accepted by the Guildmaster.

wa_affairs_large.png

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs - Minister @Gorundu

World Assembly Legislative League Staff: The World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) is our World Assembly collaboration effort with Balder, The International Democratic Union, Europeia, and Europe. The WA Affairs Ministry of each region utilize this alliance to expand our influence on WA matters across NationStates. The Ministry has a World Assembly 101 course available - covering both the General Assembly and the Security Council - to improve the knowledge base of residents within TNP. (Note: Ministry membership is not required to take the WA 101 coursework.) The Ministry will aim to make the TNP forums a location where authors come to draft their resolutions, and in order to encourage such efforts, Ministry members are encouraged to offer constructive criticism and other feedback on these drafts. As the members of The North Pacifics WALL staff represent the region on the international stage, they are appointed by the Minister from existing World Assembly Advisors.

World Assembly Advisor: The World Assembly can be a complex organization to understand, especially for newer players or for those that are less familiar with the World Assembly, in general. The Ministry of WA Affairs seeks to offer voting recommendations on each WA resolution to come to vote and also distributes Information for WA Voters to all WA nations within The North Pacific. Members of the Ministry of WA Affairs are encouraged to participate in the aforementioned WA 101 courses, so they can offer informed opinions in our regional voting threads.

0Ku1wfR.png

The North Pacific University - Chancellor @Marcus Antonius

Lecturers: They are to write articles relating to subject matters of their choosing and posting them in the relevant TNPU Division subject thread. They will be under the scrutiny of Division Heads and Chancellor. Qualifying threads and meaningful participation in other posts will be awarded ranks according to their quality and output.
Nation in The North Pacific: Slatos
Ministry you are interested in joining: Games and entertainment and event managment

Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:: No, but have previous government experience.

Nation in The North Pacific: ABC
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Communications
Previous experience in this area of government: Previously a member

Nation in The North Pacific: Great Jenovah
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Previous experience in this area of government: A citizen of TNP

Nation in The North Pacific: PotatoFarmers
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Not really, though have some experience with various forms of RPing and now trying to build up my RPs in TNP.
Nation in The North Pacific:Sanjurika
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture (Cards)
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Zip. Zero. Nadda.
Nation in The North Pacific: Racoda
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture (Cards Guild)
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: —
Nation in The North Pacific: Slatos
Ministry you are interested in joining: Games and entertainment and event managment

Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:: No, but have previous government experience.
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Foreign Affairs

You're all accepted into Culture! Congrats! I'll send a PM shortly!

Accepted into Foreign Affairs. You'll recieve a PM shortly.

Nation in The North Pacific: wernguard
Ministry you are interested in joining: the ministry of culture
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: none What so ever

Nation in The North Pacific: Loli County
Previous experience in this area of government: None, but i hope to gain some.

Nation in The North Pacific: Loli County
Previous experience in this area of government: None, but i hope to gain some.
Nation in The North Pacific: wernguard
Ministry you are interested in joining: the ministry of culture
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: none What so ever

Congrats, you are all accepted! I'll PM you shortly!

Back