GRA May Update

Joe Bobs

TNPer

Global Right Alliance News
May Update

Hello from the GRA!

The GRA was founded in 2005 and refounded in 2007, with our population peak in 2010 at over 500 nations. We are a founding member of the FRA. We are known for our political innovation, including the infamous 'rotatorship' (rotating dictatorship), and also for our "unique" character. We're so badass, we don't shield our PIN when we type it in. That's right.

In the immortal words of Jonewest, 'f*ck common courtesy, this is the GRA.'

Special Update: GRA Offends NS world

zAKwbdo.jpg

Osiris and The East Pacific protest at GRA embassies.

In last month's issue, we posted an image of Mara Sargon of Aura Hyperia, a GIF of an orang-utan rolling over backwards and peeing on itself. It was edited out in multiple regions (Lazarus, TEP, Osiris, TNP, Equilism) and has since been removed by GRA ambassadors in all regions.

Jonewest has contacted Zetaboards admins, who confirmed that the image could be considered a violation of the Terms of Service rules in regards to the posting of obscene material. For posting this in the embassies of our friends and allies, we apologise in the strongest terms. The image was chosen, perhaps in naivety, without thought it could be deemed offensive. We in no way meant to endanger our cause upset in any of our friends forums.

If a GRA ambassador has not yet removed the image from your forum, please edit it out.

The incident has led to the creation of an 18+ section on the Lazarus forum, and the GRA would like to extend our thanks to Hobbes for his actions. We apologise to him for any harsh words directed at him in an initial reaction to the censorship, and hope he and Lazarus will move past this episode with us, to maintain the long history of friendship between the two regions.

We would also like to extend our thanks to Sandaoguo of The South Pacific, who chose to interact with us over the issue and moderated the debate between concerned parties.

Apologies are also extended to Todd McCloud. In the earlier phases of this scandal, several of the GRA believed Todd McCloud was the antagonist behind the censorship of the image in multiple regions. We were later informed that this was not the case, and would like to again apologise for harsh words spoken towards Todd before all facts had come to light.

The GRA remains disappointed in the manner in which Old Federalia/People United Together and Bachtendekuppen handled the situation. Old Federalia had been tasked with informing the GRA that TEP was censoring their update, and forgot to do so, which resulted in anger in the GRA directed at Todd McCloud, who it was believed had acted without consultation. OF/PUT then continued to accuse the GRA of wrong-doing without accepting his own role in the crisis, which somewhat inflamed a weary and quick to temper Joe Bobs.

angry-penguin.jpg

This has resulted in the closure of diplomatic relations between both Osiris and The East Pacific with the GRA. GRAers pointed out that neither region posted updates or maintained activity in their embassies, and so the loss is minimal.

tiger-horse_1249020i.jpg

PUT looks scared up on his high horse...

So, we apologise to our friends for crossing the line. But we remind you that the GRA updates wouldn't be so entertaining if they weren't so near the knuckle. Here's some of the comments we've received:

Ryno-FRA-April 1:
The GRA has always been an interesting region in my experience.
Frattastan-TRR-April 2:
Great update
Kazmr-Lazarus-March 1:
Fantastic update!
Fantome-Lazarus-April 1:
It's a nice update as usual!
Bhang Bhang Duc-TWP-April 2:
Rude, crude and a lot of fun to read. Nice work. :)
Westwind-TWP-April 2-In response to the GRA's War on Falconias:
At least there's some sense left in NS.
BearNation-Gay-April 1:
Many thanks for the always interesting and readable updates!
Tierra-RIA-April 2:
Joe Bobs and contributors, a beautifully crafted piece of creative genius.
24% informative
13% antagonistic
4% cute penguins
59% pure comedy
Brilliant.
Matilda Love-Canada-March 1:
Thank you for this most entertaining read!
Benevolent Thomas-10KI-April 2:
You have surpassed Mordor as my all-time favorite region to receive updates from. Overly entertaining :)
Duckyian Empire-10KI-April 2:
Thank you for the update1 I needed a morale booster like that :D
Flo-Caprecia & Nysa-March 2:
A nice read, I particularly enjoy that last little plea to the admins. Very creative.

GRA Admin Jonewest has released the following statement:

Letter to the Editor:

In life, we make mistakes at times. In the heat of being right, and standing by our morals, sometimes we make poor decisions for the present. It is with this I must apologize for the way I have treated administrators abroad. I understand that The World is filled with interesting characters, myself not being an exception, and with tolerance comes the responsibility to relay that in kind. I regretfully made a comment comparing the administration team of former allies to the regimes of Hitler and Mussolini; that was incorrect. While I do believe certain administrators are c**ts, they are nowhere near comparable to the aforementioned monsters guilty of countless atrocities.

What the administrators did do was hurt our pride. We, as in tradition, lashed out at the stab. Were we correct in our assumption the image was non-offensive? That is up to speculation. However, as it has been discussed with the Zetaboards Administration team, I feel it notable to concur with their concerns that the image violates their Terms of Service in lieu of "Obscene Content". I personally do not find the image obscene, however I must abide by terms and conditions as set out by Zetaboards. I do want to warn those who may presume they were somehow "right", that is not necessarily the case. The arguments presented to me were that the image could possibly have a Zetaboards forum deleted. I do not agree with this assessment. From my interaction with the Zetaboards administration team, and after reviewing past interactions with the Zetaboards administration team, they are not "Scary Boogieman" who with wanton just delete boards. They are most reasonable and are quite friendly, to be honest. That is the type of administration team I look up to. One that resolves a complaint with reason and fairness, instead of attacking the alleged based on their predisposed bias.

It is very clear that the image was never meant to offend anyone; other than perhaps the Empress Mara from Aura Hyperion. I am not pleased with how this was taken out of proportions and how it will further be used by the enemies to the trust [read:defenders] to divide us. I think the real lesson to be learnt from this, is not one of who was right or who was wrong, but that allies should entrust with each other a relationship. I feel that had there been a clear relationship with the aforementioned ex-allies, this would not have became the "big deal" it had become.

TL;DR
This is the GRA, like us or don't. We don't get our feelings hurt that easily...though it should be well known by now that we are; prideful, egotistical, arrogant, crass, and ignorant. We are loyal to those that stay true and I thank all of the members and regions that stayed by our side during this "scandal".

Jonewest
Citizen of the Global Right Alliance

People's Assembly a legislative powerhouse

Whilst our foreign relations may make the GRA the James Dean of NationStates, internally, the People's Assembly has continued to push forward with its legislative agenda. The GRA is a direct democracy, where all citizens are members of the legislative branch of government. We have been finalising the wording of our Judicial Act, which will make the People's Assembly the jury for all trials and sets out punishments for crimes, including having your avatar or signature changed to something embarrassing (though, in respect for the fact he hasn't changed his avatar for NINE YEARS, it contains a 'fighter4u claus', stating he is exempt from any profile interference.

The PA has also voted on and passed the Anniversaries Act. We welcome all our friends and allies to join us on 1st June for Old Zertaxia Day! Activities will be announced shortly, and we hope our friends will rally to support 'Commend Old Zertaxia'.

The GRA currently holds a 'challenge' system, whereby the Speaker, Head of State and Government, is removed only by a vote of no confidence. However, the idea to combine this with scheduled elections is now being debated.

Jonewest retires as GRADF General

That's right, long-time defender and renowned intel expert Jonewest has announced his resignation as High General of the GRADF, handing over leadership duties to Lieutenant General Sovereign Liberties. Jonewest is also Vice Chancellor of the FRA and will continue to support the GRADF in an advisory role and in battle, as well as being its representative in the FRA.

Xpert Eleven

Fighter4u is currently relaunching the GRA's 'Xpert Eleven' soccer / association football league. Unfortunately for him, most GRAers flinch at the sight of a ball and shy away from sports to the warm caves of their parents' basements and the soothing glow of the laptop monitor. So, for all you sports lovers out there, come and join in, otherwise fighter4u will have to play with himself. And no one wants that.

Finally, the GRA maintains its eternal war against Falconias.

In the words of fighter4u, "You know, this could all go horribly wrong if our allies learn how much of a d*ck we all are..."

Written by Joe Bobs. With thanks for contributions from fighter4u and Jonewest.

Back