The West Pacific Dispatch

This time with working image links.

twp_dispatch_sm.jpg

The Sacred Order Of The West Pacific Imperium Foreign Affairs Ministry Update
May 2014 Edition

The West Pacific | Forum | IRC | The Holy Grand Assembly | The Knight Of The Sacred Order
Population: 4,542 | Rank: 5th | Forum Posts: 15,969

Government Of The West Pacific Imperium

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: Westwind of All Good People | Endorsements: 263
Non-World Assembly Delegate: TAO the Watcher

Guardians
Note: The Guardians are appointed by the delegate, and they serve at his leisure to protect the region and the delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.

The Cardinal Guardian Of The Eternal Dungeons: Yy4u
The Cardinal Guardian Of Chocolate Righteousness: Darkesia
The Cardinal Guardian Protector of The West: Wickedly evil people
The Cardinal Guardian Of The Most Evil: Bhang Bhang Duc

The Bishop Of The Holy Grand Assembly: simply country

Champion Commander Of The Knights Of The Sacred Order: Archsium

Holy Ministries Of The Sacred Order

World Assembly Affairs: Douria
Foreign Affairs: God-Emperor
Interior Affairs: Vulcan Prime

Honorably Holy Chief Justice Of The Holy Judiciary : Prison Grove

Table Of Contents
Delegacy Succession Announcement
Next Delegate Of The West Pacific Announced
Foreign Affairs Minister And Deputy Minister Announcement
Procedure For Electing The Speaker Of The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Discussed
The Reef Hounds Refound Atlantica
Report From The West Pacific's Ministry Of Silly Walks

twpmil1_westwind2.jpg
--= From the Desk of The Grand Inquisitor of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium =--
--=Westwind of All Good People =--

Greetings Nations of The West Pacific !

Everyday I am honored to be able to serve as your Delegate, The efforts of each and every one of you contributes to building the future for our community and region. Doing the job of the Delegate is only one part in the symphony of a region's life. Thank you all, for everything you do. :tiphat:

Our regional concepts have roots in Francoist thought. We have had our own style of Francoist Revolution through our history in order to prevent the old cycles of exploitation and conflict. The results have been successful.

- Together we have maintained our traditions and defended our ideals.
- We have provided opportunity for nations old and new.
- Our community and region is secure.
- Our relations with the NS world are peaceful.
- We participate with our friends around NS in Military and Intelligence affairs.
- Our forum and it's community has grown and continues to develop,
- and our Government has been flexible to our needs as they change, without barriers to citizenship.

We walk toward the future on a solid path for West Pacific values.

I would take this opportunity to also give this advice to our future: Constitutions and Charters can be fascinating works of community cooperation, and many enjoy the process of debating their creation. But in NationStates communities they too easily become a trap to the region and it's players. Process should never become a roadblock to progress in our region. Former Delegate Shasoria acknowledged this failure in TWP:

"...we were becoming trapped in our own Constitution. Our evolution had stopped short of what we truly aspired to be."

It is always my hope that the top priority for every West Pacifican will be TWP itself. Our community, our region, is more important than a government or external alliances. And it's well-being is not dependent on any 'side' in Gameplay factions. Our strength comes from all of us together, and our greatness comes from our efforts. We all share in the achievements that we work together to attain. Each of you is a key resource of The West Pacific.

As to the point of this announcement.....

From time to time I receive a question by telegram or pm, "When are elections?" or "How long is your term?". And the answer that I've given is that the term of the Delegate is traditionally a year.

But then, why would anyone expect me to be 'traditional'? I will tell you today, that I intend to step down from the Delegacy in 2014.

There have been times when The West Pacific has had elections for Delegate, and there are times when the Delegate selected his/her successor. When I became Delegate last year, I made it a part of my agenda to watch for and seek out a successor to appoint. I had a number of qualifications in mind while on my search. I know what the job entails, and how active the Delegate must be in order to be able to ensure the region's security. I knew that it must be someone that has TWP as their top priority. I wanted someone that has not served as Delegate before. I wanted someone evil enough to be intolerant of the travesty of adspam and trolls on the RMB, without any hint of remorse at the idea of banjecting trolls, nazis and spammers.

But there was one problem in my search.

My successor is Pro-Marsupial ! *blink*

I announce to you the successor to the TWP Delegacy ,Cardinal Guardian Most Evil of Bhang Bhang Duc

:Raises glass of wine in toast:

Signed, 1 April, in the year of our Sacred Order of Two Thousand Fourteen:

Westwind
All Good People
Delegate of The West Pacific

Next Delegate of The West Pacific Announced

First_Doctor_colour.jpg

The next delegate of The West Pacific!​

On April 1st All Good People announced his successor as Delegate of TWP. He announced it again on the 2nd as everyone thought it was an April Fool’s Day joke. Finally, on April 3rd residents of TWP realised their next Delegate would be Bhang Bhang Duc.
The West Pacific News Service sent its roving reporter and practising sex maniac, practice makes perfect, makes perfect sex maniac, Glenda Slagg to interview our next Delegate.
Glenda: Bhang Bhang Duc, daahling, what were your thoughts on the announcement?
BBD: Well Glenda it came out of the blue to be honest. Certainly I’ve joked about taking over the role a few times, but never thought that it would be mine.
Glenda: I understand sweetie that you are a marsupialist. Won’t that cause some problems within the region?
BBD: I certainly hope not Glenda. Just because I’m a Born Again Marsupialist or BAM doesn’t mean I’m going to force my beliefs on the good people of the West Pacific. Mine will be a platform of tolerance, understanding, love and affection. Of course I will preach the advantages of becoming a BAM.
Glenda: And they are?
BBD: Oh I don’t know, safety from visiting the Rejected Realms, possible Guardianship, potentially becoming the Delegate. Not that these things won’t be available to those of an anti-marsupial persuasion, but……
At this point our conversation was interrupted by somebody called Bruce asking BBD where he’d like his kangaroo tied down, sport. After dealing with this issue our conversation resumed.
Glenda: So, what are your plans for the region?
BBD: I’ve been in TWP all my time in NS, more than 10 years now and I’ve got a whole lotta love for the place. So I’m not going to make any great changes. I will still continue to ban badspammers and supress their posts. Friday Karaoke will also continue as I think there would a revolution if I stopped that. Seriously, I think we would be talkin’ ‘bout a revolution.
Glenda: Where do you stand politically daahling? Raider? Defender? Imperialist?
BBD: I’m not politically sophisticated, no starship trooper me, more a street fighting man. TWP had a long tradition of defending, but that’s living in the past. I think we will continue on the way our last Delegate has seen fit to take us, though I must admit Raiders seem to have fun, fun, fun.
Glenda: I’m now going to put you on the spot. Who do you respect most in NS and who makes you laugh?
BBD: Right here, right now I would have to say TAO for the first one, even though we will almost certainly clash about marsupialism. The second is easy: it’s the Eternal Nits Knights, best comedy act in NS in my opinion.
Glenda: Finally, daahling, any other comments for our readers.
BBD: Just this Glenda. Who wouldn’t want to cuddle a koala, pat an opossum and well we’ll leave the wombats out of it for now. Look at this Tasmanian Devil. Isn’t he cute? Look at his little teeth; little, sharp teeth. Ow, the bugger bit me. Ow, he did it….. aaargh get him off me, get him off!
It was at this point your intrepid reporter decided to beat the retreat and left.
Not all residents have felt comfortable with the choices the Delegate-Elect has made. Long-time resident Ethel Mermania has already withdrawn its endorsement from Bhang Bhang Duc and has made noises about leaving the region entirely. That Called the Vlagh has also felt uncomfortable with the news, despite Bhang Bhang Duc’s effort to reassure him he would not be the first nation banjected under his rule.
I was due to interview TAO about BBD’s pro-marsupial stance, but it clashed with an appointment to get my nails done and a girl just has to look her best, so toodles for now daahlings.

Foreign Affairs Minister And Deputy Minister Announcement

b99036a8be016898a7262252bfce5c25.jpg
suits-46.jpg

Foreign Affairs Minister God-Emperor Leto Atreides II.......Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Karland​

Due to the departure of previous Foreign Affairs Minister Intelligent Holograms as a result of real life work, there was found to be a vacancy at this all important Holy Ministry at TWP.

Grand Inquisitor Westwind was swift to announce the opening and ask for willing and able candidates to volunteer themselves for the role. In addition he asked for people to also apply to become a Deputy. Soon enough West announced the new Holy Minister for Foreign Affairs as God-Emperor, and Karland to be his Deputy.

God-Emperor has a wealth of experience to bring to the Ministry. Not only is he well-versed in GCR politics, being a member of multiple ones, he's also been given the same position previously in TWP which he unfortunately had to discontinue. The Ministry is sure to be in safe hands as he seeks to rejuvenate the Ministry which has been suffering from inertia in recent months and re-establish contacts.

He is assisted by Karland, a comparative newcomer to TWP and GCR politics having only joined TWP upon the creation of the new forums. He has previous office experience, having also served a term as Speaker for the Regional Assembly. He hopes to continue gaining political experience in Foreign Affairs where he wants to help TWP have a greater role in the NS community.

All regions who maintain diplomatic relations with TWP will be sure to see more regular updates coming from the region as the Ministry's ambassadors are whipped into efficiency by their new overlords.

Deputy Foreign Minister Karland

Procedure For Electing The Speaker Of The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Discussed

20090602ru14.jpg

The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Pacific Imperium (Pictured)​

Important-sounding discussions in the Holy Grand Assembly of the West

To break from the norm of relative inactivity, Bishop of TWP's legislature Benjamin 'simple country' Mark decided to bring up a discussion that had been mentioned in passing before but had never formally been discussed; that of the famed 'Challenge' system to elect officials. Specifically, for the case of the Speaker.

There was some argument and a line of evolution to the discussion. The thread started talking about implementing the Challenge system as we know it*, but then moved on to discussing how we could adapt the system to fit TWP's needs. Then veteran of TWP suggested instead having a 'rota' system for the Speakership, as has previously been done. Due to the relative inactivity of most HGA members, this was seen as infeasible. And so to account for inactive members more and more regulations and qualifiers had to be added to the prospective new procedure.

Then, when the time came, it so happened that it was too difficult to write up. Karland was proved right all along when Westwind finally confirmed his belief that there was little point in reforming the system that was already in place – a termly election cycle which allowed anyone who wished to, to be elected.

And so ended another HGA discussion. We await more striking proposals for legislation from the HGA to report on in the future.

*For those who don't know it, it's basically a system of electing executive officials by the citizenry of the region, rather than being hand-picked by the Delegate. It's used in The Rejected Realms, Equilism and other regions.

Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Karland

The Reef Hounds Refound Atlantica
heckler-and-koch-hk416.jpg

The Reef Hounds support the region's recovery from raiders and defenders.

The Reef Hounds are a special unit of The Sacred Order Of The West Pacific who are tasked with gaining tactical control of strategic regions across NationStates.

The Hounds may be unleashed to seize a late updating region for use as a jump point, a region belonging to an opponent, or to recover a region that has significance for TWP or its allies.

Atlantica had become the plaything of raiders and defenders before Vulcan Prime & The Subservient Annex of the Empire[/nation] successfully engaged in its recovery.

The region became a protectorate of The West Pacific on April 8th 2014

Report from the TWP Ministry of Silly Walks

The Holy Minister of Silly Walks of Tunapocalypse has been busy working on new projects to display the strengths of the TWP Silly Walks programs which have been terribly underestimated by the rest of the NationStates world. Exclusive photographs have been released, showing progress on efforts to weaponize silly walks, as well as establish new sporting competitions:

e53.jpg
demotivational-posters-ministry-of-silly-walks.jpg

Back