Private threads

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Hi there, just a heads up.

We on the admin team can see everything - but we do not look in private areas unless there is very good reason to do so, like a TOS violation.

However, it is sometimes difficult for us to see when a thread is intended to be private, and when a thread has been locked.

I would suggest that any thread that is not intended for viewing be tagged with [private] in the topic title, just so we can tell at a glance that it is not for us to view.

Of course, we are honest as the day is long, so it is up to you whether you wish to take this precaution.

Ah never mind. Apparently the inverse of hide is approve. I can do that, happily.

Flem, which topics do you want to be tagged as private?

This was not meant to be private. I sent the same note some time ago to the justices.

It's not a matter of what I want to be private. It is any thread that you would prefer to keep within the confines of the AG's office.

No admin on TNP abuses our access. But the use of a private tag helps us know where we should not be looking.

In most cases full privacy is not necessary as it's sufficient for those threads just not to be viewable by the those who will help the defendant. JAL's expanding defense team will likely soon envelop the admin team as well so it's good to have this precaution available. ;)

On the other hand, what if someone is innocent and has not named a defense attorney?

If we let admins stumble on evidence, then it impairs them from defending the accused in good conscience.

To be fair to them, it's probably best that all incoming back office threads be tagged with [private].

Back