My nomination for the 2014 Darwin Award!

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
People have done some really stupid sh*t to remove themselves from the Gene Pool, but this one takes the cake!

*Drum roll*

And my nomination for the 2014 Darwin Award goes to...Envelope, please...

*rip, rip*

Blake Wardell of Honeapath, South Carolina!

This total moron puts on a bullet proof vest to demonstrate how a bullet proof vest works - and subsequently dies from a direct shot to the heart after the bullet miraculously hit exactly the right spot to exploit defects in design, the bullet passing directly through his heart and killing him nearly instantly (I hope the idiot stayed alive long enough to realize his own stupidity).

Read: Stupid idiots

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
? Albert Einstein

:lol: :rofl:

Stupid? Meh, I suppose, but makers of body armor do this sort of thing quite a lot to prove that their product works and will protect the wearer.

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWNBV6ndmH4[/flash]

It's a good thing that guy put a stack of magazines under the vest or he would have had several broken ribs and cardiac arrest from the concussion. :P

I did a demonstration at a Cavalry SSA competition where I ran a WWI British P-12 saber right through a state of the art Kevlar body armor vest.

That demonstration was followed by using an M-1860 US Cavalry saber to hack the top off a US Army combat helmet and sending the top of the helmet flying off like a frisbee. Literally.

Back