HMS Unicorn's Endorsement Count

HMS Unicorn's Endorsement Count!
By: The Democratic States of LibertarianLand/PaulWallLibertarian42
8:27PM EST. May 13th, 2014

After an election for Delegate is held and the winner declared; the most important thing is to get the New Delegate-Elect the WAD controls of the region.

How is this acomplished? The Endorsement count. In order to have WAD controls of a region a nation in the WA must have the most endorsements than any other nation in the chosen region.

As of this writing HMS Unicorn has 398 Endorsements 43 off from outgoing Delegate McMasterdonia with 441 endorsements, r3nisanc3r as he is known on the regional governmental forum AKA: HMS Unicorn is only 5 endorsements off of the outgoing Vice Delegate Democatic Donkeys

A screenshot of HMS Unicorns current Endorsement count

A request for comment on how R3n's endotarting is going as of this writing remains unanswered.

Abacathea the Newly elected Vice Delegate has a lot of endotarting to do to catch up to Donkeys 403 endorsements. Currently Aba has 213 endorsements as of this writing.

Editor note: i used my image resizer and put in h225 x w 750 in compliance with your wishes. It still appears kind of..big..

I just got the admins to set this forum up properly, so the communications staff members (such as yourself) can only see topics they post in this forum. That way, I can give good feedback without embarrassing anyone :P

So, as we discussed, this will need to be rewritten once the delegacy transfer is over. I hope you got some good information from r3n. It might be good to include a little bit of the reaction of RMB-goers, maybe a few quotes from the community at large. These quotes wouldn't have to be solicited directly, you could just snag them off the RMB whenever the topic is under discussion.

Stylistic notes:
  • Don't capitalize r3n or endorsement.
  • If it's important to refer to someone by both their forum name and their TNP nation, just put their nation in parenthesis after their forum name, (example: "r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn)") and then only use one name for the rest of the article.
  • Avoid rhetorical questions, such as "How is this accomplished?" Substitute something declarative, such as "This is accomplished by..."
  • As discussed, leave images to the editing team in the future :P Phones aren't the best for screenshots.

In the future, no need to post a draft until you're done with the content - i.e. you have all the quotes you need, etc. In other words, when you post in here, it should be (in your opinion) ready to print.

Since we are the only two that can see this. I am filing my quotes with r3n here. So I have them to look back on when finishing a final draft. If thats ok.

[20:15] * PaulWallLibertarian42 *pokes
[21:30] * r3n pokes back
[21:34] * PaulWallLibertarian42 *puts on reporter hat
[21:34] * PaulWallLibertarian42 * shows press badge that it is for the legit TNP Paper any questions ask COE
[21:35] <PaulWallLibertarian42> Sir I am doing an article on the transition
[21:35] <r3n> lol, "sir"
[21:35] <PaulWallLibertarian42> More specifically how your endotarting efforts are going to surpass outgoing delegate McMasterdonia
[21:36] <PaulWallLibertarian42> Do you care to go on record with me about how that is going?
[21:40] <r3n> You mean, how I am going about to get my endorsement count to exceed mcm's?
[21:40] <r3n> or how I will be endotarting in general?
[21:41] <r3n> the latter is easy: I've already been endotarting at least once and often twice per day
[21:41] <r3n> both endorsing and telegramming new WA nations
[21:41] <r3n> and I intend to continue to do so
[21:41] <PaulWallLibertarian42> Can you comment on both?
[21:43] <PaulWallLibertarian42> Also, can you comment on recieving endorsements from European nations, how it has been affected by your off color remarks to Europeia?s Ambassador at their embassy recently regarding the treaty with the north pacific and Europeia?
[21:47] <r3n> Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition.
[21:48] <r3n> As for how mcm and I are going about for the transition: I am sure you have noticed the WFE. Both mcm and myself have telegrammed the region, with some time interval between our telegrams, to encourage nations to endorse HMS Unicorn
[21:49] <r3n> The Security Council will possibly send out more telegrams in the next few days, if necessary.
[21:49] <r3n> And we also encourage nations to endorse myself and Abacathea in the RMB.
[21:50] <r3n> I am now within 40 endorsements from mcm, so I would expect that by the end of the week the transition will be over.
[21:52] <r3n> I think that answers your questions so far
[21:52] <PaulWallLibertarian42> You must have gotten two more since I last looked. I had you down for 398 endos to mcms 41
[21:52] <PaulWallLibertarian42> 441
[21:53] <PaulWallLibertarian42> How will you help the vice delegate get his count up? At last check he was around 200 off of lame duck VD Democratic Donkeys
[21:54] <r3n> No, I am still at 398. I am rounding up ;)
[21:54] <r3n> Big picture Paul.
[21:55] <r3n> Aba is still low. Most of the telegrams we are sending encourage people to telegram both nations, and I know that he has been sending some of his own.
[21:56] <r3n> Given that his own endotarting campaign started later than mine, I would expect it will take him one or two weeks more to surpass DD than it will take me to become Delegate.
[21:57] <PaulWallLibertarian42> Once the transition is complete do you plan on having an official ceremony? An innauguration if you will? Some newcomers have never seen a delegate transition before.
[22:00] <r3n> I consider the Cabinet announcement the inauguration. The new government is already in place and working. But I do plan to post an announcement on the forum once the switch happens, and send out a region-wide telegram.
[22:00] <PaulWallLibertarian42> I dont have any more questions at this time. Thank you.
[22:01] <r3n> Thanks!

In the interest of full disclosure, administrators, global mods, and the cabinet can see this thread as well. But admins and global mods will generally not read anything that's supposed to be private.

Not the only two people ;)

Well said COE and I am glad you're taking on his suggestions Paul Wall. You can also link to the alerts page in your article, if you think that would help people to establish who is where in terms of taking the Delegacy. The longest transition we had was with Delegate Blue Wolf II and that lasted around 60 days. This is a relatively quick changeover as far as GCR regions go.

Ill remember that if I need to store something privately to make my own arrangements for journalistic confidentiality. These quotes I do not feel pose a risk to anyones privacy. They are general vanilla commentary. As such i feel comfortable leaving these particular quotes here in my desk drawer so to speak.

Edit: May I quote you about the BWII transition taking 60 days and being the longest period to date?

Mr. Comm Min/Editor and other powers that be that can see this. I wanted to give you an update. I have a few interview requests out. But I have written the "meat" of my articles. I am just waiting for my intervewees to get back to me. But I feel I am ahead of our may 20th timeline that was previously discussed. Depending on when the interviewees reply and I look over and edit for quotes. I may be able to submit my story late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Though Ive taken focus off the endorsement count while it is still mentioned. I am focusing on the transition in general how it is being percieved and going on the RMB and GCR side. Thx.

Okay soooo.... I have written something which personally I really really like so please be kind Mr. Editor(s). Im fairly sure this is over the limit i just wrote/typed from the heart. I also wasnt expecting sharp critism from Alunya when I asked them for their thoughts about the transition from a RMB/citizen perspective. But I think it makes the article more edgy and makes it not be soo much of a fluff piece. I had an interview with mcm out to get the out going dels perspective but he hasnt gotten back to me yet. When i re-read the article it doesnt seem soo long...but idk. I figure its going to get edited anyway. And i did condense a lot of the quotes down. Anyway this is what I got. Edit away:

There is a new Delegate in town!
By:The Democratic States of LibertarianLand/PaulWallLibertarian42

If you have paid any attention at all lately to the World Factbook (WFE) of The North Pacific or to your telegrams you might have noticed something different.

McMasterdonia is no longer Delegate after having reached his consecutive 2 term limit and a record breaking 237 day reign, a new Delegate has been elected with a majority 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election, the new Delegate's name is HMS Unicorn.

Unicorn may be the new Delegate in town but is not new to NationStates having played since 2005 and having a nation in the North Pacific for 2 years since late fall of 2012.

I have asked upstanding citizen and "Official Cat of TNP" Alunya what they have noticed on the Regional Message board and on the Game Created side of the region during the transition period and how they felt the transition has been handled, Alunya had this sharp criticism to share:

"The game-side the RMB is The North Pacific's portal -- its face to new NationStates members. As a game-created region, we don't recruit, so retention ought to be our goal."

Alunya then went on to criticise HMS Unicorn's approach stating,
"It's still early in HMS Unicorn's (r3naissanc3r's) administration, so it may be a bit unfair to comment on the game-side approach. The good thing is that there is an outreach effort on the regional message board and that the game-side is not being ignored. But the response is wooden, stiff -- like a tax accountant."
Futher adding
"What we see from our new delegate so far is very official sounding, which is fine, but it isn't naturally friendly."

The very angsty cat then went on to suggest positive changes,
"What I foresee as the most pressing problem for The North Pacific on the RMB isn't actually on the RMB. It is on the off-site forum. A first-time visitor is going to be awfully tempted to click those links (how to get involved in The North Pacific) to find out more; they are going to be rudely surprised to get the message "Error: You do not have permission to access this topic. Error Code 4:2142228." That hardly makes a visitor feel welcome."

Alunya left the interview with these comments.
Until those off-site forum problems are fixed, we really shouldn't make a big push to encourage the game-side community to go off-site. That doesn't mean we should ignore the game-side for the moment; it merely (or meerkatly) means we should engage in friendly banter and provide help and advice on the RMB. Make friends and then suggest the off-site forum when it is a little easier for a newcomer to navigate. And when it is ready, then a marketing blitz for the "New and Improved" forum would be appropriate. But that, as they say, is just the cat talking."

After an election for Delegate is held and the winner declared; the most important thing is to get the New Delegate-Elect the WAD controls of the region. This is primarly achieved with the endorsement count. In order to have WAD controls of a region a nation in the WA must have the most endorsements than any other nation in the chosen region.

(Request a screen cap of HMS Unicorn's Endo Count here)

I recently sat down with HMS Unicorn in a casual IRC Interview to ask them about gathering endorsments through the transition period:
<r3n> I've already been endotarting at least once and often twice per day
[21:41] <r3n> both endorsing and telegramming new WA nations
[21:41] <r3n> and I intend to continue to do so
r3n> As for how mcm and I are going about for the transition: I am sure you have noticed the WFE. Both mcm and myself have telegrammed the region, with some time interval between our telegrams, to encourage nations to endorse HMS Unicorn
[21:49] <r3n> The Security Council will possibly send out more telegrams in the next few days, if necessary.
[21:49] <r3n> And we also encourage nations to endorse myself and Abacathea in the RMB.

I also asked HMS Unicorn how his off-color remarks to the ambassador from Europeia about dissolving the treaty between the two nations have affected his endorsement gathering from European nations in TNP.

"<r3n> Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition."

Lame duck Vice Delegate Democatic Donkeys felt awkwardly caught in the middle of the out going McMasterdonian Administration and the incoming HMS Unicorn regime commenting on the Regional Message board, saying
"Ewww, I'm caught in the middle. 1 ahead of HMS Unicorn, and 25 behind McMasterdonia"

I reached out to the new Vice Delegate and Chairman of the Security Council of TNP to inquire about the role of the SC during this transition period and he was able to give these comments:

"Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully. The swap over in a GCR is always a lengthy process primarily because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there's been great work and co-operation between the new del, the outgoing del, and the council itself. The work of the council as a whole really preempts any rogue delegacy at this time, the NPA's in home territory watching our backs too. It seems to be going relatively smoothly overall. I envision a swap within the next 24 hours."

I asked Vice Delegate Abacathea if he had anything to say to those nations in TNP on the GCR side who dont follow the offsite forum and who didnt read the campaign threads, if he had any comments for them.

"The GCR world is so vast and exciting. I'd love to just represent myself and the region well, get to grips with everything and be capable come the next term to be reelected and do the job with gusto. To all nations TNP, RMB or otherwise, TNP is what you make of it, have fun, enjoy the place, and may it be as much a home to you, as it has been since I arrived. Whether thats regional politics on the forums, or just chilling on the RMB. TNP is what you make it, and rightly so."

Check the Security Council's Security Alerts page for up to date endorsement counts.

The out going administration is also transitioning into their new roles, McMasterdonia has been named Minister of Foreign Affairs and Crushing Our Enemies the new Communications Minister has pegged McM as a Deputy in his department. Meanwhile Democratic Donkeys is trying to start the new Ministry of Home Affairs from the ground up and has already made cannon ball splashes by naming The Democratic States of LibertarianLand as one of his first deputies.

In any administration there is sure to be rough waters ahead but compared to the transition away from Blue Wolf which was the longest transition on record at 60 days(half of a Delegates term), this transition has proved to be nothing but smooth sailing for the HMS Unicorn.

OK, there is a lot of good stuff here. The next step is to cut it down to relevant facts and analysis. Think of a main idea for your article, and cut out anything that isn't related to that. Is the main idea that there is a difference in how the new delegate is perceived by the forum community and the RMB community? Is it that the transition is going very smoothly? Look at all the facts you have, and find a story to tell. What I think you have here is a lot of quality ingredients, but you have to find something to do with them. Right now, it lacks direction.

You have a LOT of quotes in there, but most of them are just introduced by saying something like "I talked to so-and-so, and they told me this." Figure out how the quote is relevant to the story, and then just tell us. For example, you might say:
The new Home Affairs ministry has been charged with increasing involvement on the TNP forum among the regional population. Some, however, think this may be a move in the wrong direction. "Until those off-site forum problems are fixed, we really shouldn't make a big push to encourage the game-side community to go off-site," said Alunya, former Cabinet official and frequent contributor to the RMB. Alunya disapproves of how much of the forum is hidden to guests, including threads linked to at the top of the forum advertising "How to get involved in TNP!" It is worth noting that with the exception of private areas for government use, all areas of the forum can be read by newly created accounts.
So, what I did there was take the most relevant piece of your quotes from Alunya, and 1) explained the significance of it, 2)presented the quote, 3)explained some background behind the quote (and summarized the rest of the quotes from Alunya, saving some word-count in the process), and 4)Included some relevant information at the end, in the interest of balanced reporting.

That's how a quote can fit into a good article with direction and a story to tell. Feel free to use that entire paragraph if you want it. It's 117 words, so it would fit well in an article that focused entirely on the home affairs ministry, but it's not terribly relevant to a story about the transition. I hope this helps you boil down your article into key facts and analysis.

Remember: come up with your main idea, and eliminate anything that's not related to it. Like I said, this article has a lot of good ingredients in it, but it rambles a bit because you wanted to use all the information you gathered. It's ok for some of your research to end up not being useful. Only include the most interesting and relevant facts, and use quotes to represent key viewpoints.

If you have paid any attention at all lately to the World Factbook (WFE) of The North Pacific or to your telegrams you might have noticed something different.

McMasterdonia is no longer Delegate after having reached his consecutive 2 term limit and a record breaking 237 day reign, a new Delegate has been elected with a majority 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election, the new Delegate's name is HMS Unicorn.

Unicorn may be the new Delegate in town but is not new to NationStates having played since 2005 and having a nation in the North Pacific for 2 years since late fall of 2012.

After an election for Delegate is held and the winner declared; the most important thing is to get the New Delegate-Elect the WAD controls of the region. This is primarly achieved with the endorsement count. In order to have WAD controls of a region a nation in the WA must have the most endorsements than any other nation in the chosen region.

"Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully. The swap over in a GCR is always a lengthy process primarily because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there's been great work and co-operation between the new del, the outgoing del, and the council itself. The work of the council as a whole really preempts any rogue delegacy at this time, the NPA's in home territory watching our backs too. It seems to be going relatively smoothly overall." were the words behind the scenes during the transition by new Vice Delegate Abacathea. ( Check the Security Council's Security Alerts page for up to date endorsement counts.)

The new Delegate had this to say about gathering endorsements during the transition period, " I've already been endotarting at least once and often twice per day.
Both endorsing and telegramming new WA nations and I intend to continue to do so. As for how mcm and I are going about for the transition: I am sure you have noticed the WFE. Both mcm and myself have telegrammed the region, with some time interval between our telegrams, to encourage nations to endorse HMS Unicorn."

There were concerns about the new delegate receiving endorsements from European nations after his remarks on the TNP forum to Europeia Ambassadors. The new delegate left the interview with these remarks: "Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition."

In any administration there is sure to be rough waters ahead but compared to the transition away from Blue Wolf which was the longest transition on record at 60 days(half of a Delegates term), this transition has proved to be nothing but smooth sailing for the HMS Unicorn.

Does this one need edited further or are we good to go?

I have a 2nd article already in the works based on the other info I gotten about perception of the new leader on the RMB and fixing forum issues for new comers before blitzing the RMB with PR and Spam for new members.

This will need some editing. I'll make some revisions and post a new version for you to look over sometime in the next few hours, hopefully. Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, this looks much better! We've gotten past the "you need to re-write this" phase, and graduated to "I will make some changes and see what you think" phrase. :P

I figured it would get edited anyway. I dont even think IRL a journalist gets to print their story as they wrote it some editor has to edit what they dont like before having it printed :p

PaulWallLibertarian42:

"Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully. The swap over in a GCR is always a lengthy process primarily because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there's been great work and co-operation between the new del, the outgoing del, and the council itself. The work of the council as a whole really preempts any rogue delegacy at this time, the NPA's in home territory watching our backs too. It seems to be going relatively smoothly overall." were the words behind the scenes during the transition by new Vice Delegate Abacathea. ( Check the Security Council's Security Alerts page for up to date endorsement counts.)

The new Delegate had this to say about gathering endorsements during the transition period, " I've already been endotarting at least once and often twice per day.
Both endorsing and telegramming new WA nations and I intend to continue to do so. As for how mcm and I are going about for the transition: I am sure you have noticed the WFE. Both mcm and myself have telegrammed the region, with some time interval between our telegrams, to encourage nations to endorse HMS Unicorn."

There were concerns about the new delegate receiving endorsements from European nations after his remarks on the TNP forum to Europeia Ambassadors. The new delegate left the interview with these remarks: "Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition."

McMasterdonia, is no longer Delegate after with a record breaking 237 day reign is ineligible to seek a third term of office due to constitutional term limits.having reached his consecutive 2 term limit and HMS Unicorn has been elected Delegate, with a majority of 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election. , the new Delegate's name is HMS Unicorn.

HMS Unicorn may be the new Delegate in town, however but is not new to NationStates she brings a breadth of experience to the officehaving played since 2005 and having held multiple offices in the North Pacific since late fall of 2012.

After an election for Delegate is held and the winner declared; The most important thingtask for the newly elected Delegate is to secure the in-game Delegacy. the WAD controls of the region. This is primarily achieved with the endorsement count. In order to have access to WAD controls of a region a nation in the WA must have the most endorsements in said region. For newly elected Delegate HMS Unicorn, this will require more than 400 endorsements. than any other nation in the chosen region.

There were concerns about the new Delegate receiving endorsements from Europeian nations after his remarks on the TNP forum to Europeia Ambassadors. The new delegate left the interview with these remarks: "Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition."

In any administration there is sure to be rough watersNo administration will be completely smooth sailing,, but compared to the transitional period at the commencement of the Delegacy of Blue Wolf II, which was the longest transition on record at 60 days(half of a Delegates term), this transition has proven to be a smooth and efficient change of regional government for HMS Unicorn.

edited version:

McMasterdonia, with a record breaking 237 day reign is ineligible to seek a third term of office due to constitutional term limits. HMS Unicorn has been elected Delegate, with a majority of 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election. HMS Unicorn may be the new Delegate in town, however, she brings a breadth of experience to the office having played since 2005 and having held multiple offices in the North Pacific since late fall of 2012.

The most important task for the newly elected Delegate is to secure the in-game Delegacy. In order to have access to WAD controls of a region a nation in the WA must have the most endorsements in said region. For newly elected Delegate HMS Unicorn, this will require more than 400 endorsements.

"Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully. The swap over in a GCR is always a lengthy process primarily because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there's been great work and co-operation between the new Del, the outgoing del, and the council itself. The work of the council as a whole really pre-empts any rogue delegacy at this time, the NPA's in home territory watching our backs too. It seems to be going relatively smoothly overall." were the words behind the scenes during the transition by new Vice Delegate Abacathea. Check the Security Council's Security Alerts page for up to date endorsement counts.

The new Delegate had this to say about gathering endorsements during the transition period, " I've already been endotarting at least once and often twice per day. Both endorsing and telegramming new WA nations and I intend to continue to do so. As for how mcm and I are going about for the transition: I am sure you have noticed the WFE. Both mcm and myself have telegrammed the region, with some time interval between our telegrams, to encourage nations to endorse HMS Unicorn."

There were concerns about the new Delegate receiving endorsements from Europeian nations after his remarks on the TNP forum to Europeia Ambassadors. The new delegate left the interview with these remarks: "Well, my "off-color" remarks were quite obviously a tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the small font ;) . President Anumia and I go back at least 8 years in this game and chat on a daily basis. TNP and Europeia's relations have been and continue to be great, and we thank them for their support in this transition."

No administration will be entirely smooth sailing, but compared to the transitional period at the commencement of the Delegacy of Blue Wolf II, which was the longest transition on record at 60 days(half of a Delegates term), this transition has proven to be a smooth and efficient change of regional government for HMS Unicorn.

Sorry for not keeping track of my changes. I cut a couple paragraphs to get it below the word count and to make it more appropriate for publishing after the transition has ended. I also removed links for consistency with other articles. Either they should all have links or none should have links, and I'm not gonna go through and add links to all of them :P Here is a final draft for review:

If you have paid any attention at all lately to the World Factbook Entry of The North Pacific you might have noticed something different.

McMasterdonia, with a record breaking 237 day reign is ineligible to seek a third term of office due to constitutional term limits. r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn) has been elected Delegate, with a majority of 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election. The new Delegate brings a breadth of experience to the office. r3naissanc3r has played NationStates since 2005 and has held multiple offices in the North Pacific over the last two years.

The most important task for the newly elected Delegate is to secure the in-game delegacy. For the North Pacific's new delegate, this required more than 400 endorsements, more than any other nation in the game.

The Security Council is charged with protecting the delegacy of the North Pacific, keeping it in safe and legal hands. "Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully," said new Vice Delegate Abacathea while r3naissanc3r was still gathering endorsements. "The swap over in a GCR is always a lengthy process primarily because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there's been great work and co-operation between the new Del, the outgoing del, and the council itself."

Five days after his election, r3naissanc3r assumed the delegate seat in the game region of the North Pacific. No administration will be entirely smooth sailing, but the ease and efficiency of this transition reflects well on the new government. The longest transition on record is sixty days, and took place in 2012 after the election of Blue Wolf II.

Here is another edit by myself:

If you have been paying any attention at all lately to the World Factbook Entry of The North Pacific you may have noticed something different.

mcmasterdonia, with a record-breaking reign of 237 days, was ineligible to seek a third term of office due to constitutional term limits. r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn) was elected Delegate, with a majority of 54.3 % of the vote in the May 2014 General Election. The new Delegate brings a breadth of experience to the office: r3naissanc3r has played NationStates since 2005 and has held multiple offices in The North Pacific over the last two years.

All newly-elected Delegates are faced with the immediate task of securing the in-game delegacy. The North Pacific's new Delegate was no exception, having to accumulate more than 400 endorsements and more than any other nation in the game.

To assist him with this imposing task, the new Delegate had the Security Council, a body charged with protecting the delegacy of the North Pacific, keeping it in safe and legal hands. "Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully," said new Vice Delegate Abacathea while r3naissanc3r was still gathering endorsements. "The swap in a GCR is always a lengthy process because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there has been great work and co-operation between the new Delegate, the outgoing Delegate, and the Council members."

In the end, four days after his election, r3naissanc3r assumed the in-game delegate seat. No administration will be entirely smooth sailing, but the ease and efficiency of this transition reflects well on the new government. The longest transition on record is sixty days, and took place in 2012 after the election of Blue Wolf II.
I approve the article, though if PaulWall, mcm, or COE have any further edits to suggest before publication, they should feel free to do so

We need consistency on the capitalization of delegate. Personally, I think it should be uncapitalized unless it is being used as a title, e.g. Delegate r3naissanc3r.

Other than that, I'm good.

I used Delegate when referring to the constitutional office, and delegate when referring to the in-game delegacy.

I think it would look odd uncapitalized, same as it would look odd to use lower-case "president" in reference to the office of the US President. [And, yes, I know that my office is much less important than the POTUS :P .]

If you have been paying any attention at all lately to the World Factbook Entry of The North Pacific you may have noticed something different.

mcmasterdonia, with a record-breaking reign of 237 days, was ineligible to seek a third term of office due to constitutional term limits. r3naissanc3r (HMS Unicorn) was elected delegate, with a majority of 54.3% of the vote in the May 2014 General Election. The new delegate brings a breadth of experience to the office: r3naissanc3r has played NationStates since 2005 and has held multiple offices in The North Pacific over the last two years.

All newly-elected delegates are faced with the immediate task of securing the in-game delegacy. TNP's new delegate was no exception, having to accumulate more than 400 endorsements and more than any other nation in the game.

To assist him with this imposing task, the new delegate had the Security Council (SC), a body charged with protecting the delegacy of TNP, keeping it in safe and legal hands. "Without going into too much detail the SC has been monitoring the transition quite carefully," said new Vice Delegate Abacathea while r3naissanc3r was still gathering endorsements. "The swap in a GCR is always a lengthy process because of the vast number of endorsements involved, but there has been great work and co-operation between the new delegate, the outgoing delegate, and the council members."

In the end, four days after his election, r3naissanc3r assumed the in-game delegate seat. No administration will be entirely smooth sailing, but the ease and efficiency of this transition reflects well on the new government. The longest transition on record is 60 days, and took place in 2012 after the election of Blue Wolf II.

Back