visit to the states

Virginia is a really nice state, too, IMO. Lots of really quaint, historic towns and places. Monticello and Mt Vernon are pretty cool. Old town Alexandria as well. Also, further south, Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA are nice cities, I've heard (never been).

If ya stay in DC, ya can still make it out to Mount Vernon and Alexandria, and, if ya do go further south, ya should definitely go to Charleston.

As someone that lived most of his life in the mid-Atlantic region, I can reiterate much of what has been stated already in regards to places to see. If you like museums, DC is by far the best option. The Smithsonian Institute around the Mall has a lot to see. The Holocaust Museum is worth seeing as well, but make that last, otherwise the whole day is a downer.

Punk D suggested staying in Philadelphia, which is a good option if you wish to see DC and NYC. If you want to stay in the DC area then Rockville, Maryland isn't too far out and is a nice suburban area where you won't get stabbed. As Durk stated, you can get into the wrong part of town quick in a lot of major US metro areas so watch out.

Orlando has Disney and Universal - otherwise it kind of sucks. But you aren't far from Daytona and you can take a 4 hour drive down to Miami, which is more or less a shithole IMO but South Beach and the Keys are nice.

Anyone telling you to visit the midwest is out of their mind. Don't listen. Ohio is one of the most boring places on the planet and Detroit is only nice for about 5 minutes in a 2 block area before getting seriously dodgy.

To be honest, if you are planning to fly from Orlando to your other destination, then you really aren't saving any time by not including the West Coast or other places into possibilities. Orlando to NYC isn't that much shorter than a flight out to Yellowstone, which is by far (IMO) the most spectacular place on the planet.

Tano:
I know it's been mentioned before, but Michigan is really nice. I'd recommend coming all the way up here to the Upper Peninsula. Go up to the Keweenaw area. I'd personally recommend Copper Harbor: 'tis easlly one of the most prettiest places in the USA.

4.jpg
I've always wanted to check out the UP. I'm sure your winters are much more rough than ours though. :P

Gracius Maximus:
If you want to stay in the DC area then Rockville, Maryland isn't too far out and is a nice suburban area where you won't get stabbed. As Durk stated, you can get into the wrong part of town quick in a lot of major US metro areas so watch out.
I agree with everything GM said 'cept stay on the Virginia side of DC like Arlington or Alexandria, and stay off the Green Line of the Metro and outta Southeast DC in general.

God-Emperor:
Gracius Maximus:
If you want to stay in the DC area then Rockville, Maryland isn't too far out and is a nice suburban area where you won't get stabbed. As Durk stated, you can get into the wrong part of town quick in a lot of major US metro areas so watch out.
I agree with everything GM said 'cept stay on the Virginia side of DC like Arlington or Alexandria, and stay off the Green Line of the Metro and outta Southeast DC in general.
Alexandria is quite nice actually, but I always find traffic into the city to be horrible in the mornings. The main reason I suggested an area like Rockville is because you can get to one of the Metro stations easily (like Silver Springs) and get to the Mall without the headache of typical North American road rage fanatics.

You must be near Reistertown! LOL!

My Great-Great-Grandfather (direct patralinear) lead a Confederate Cavalry raid on a US Army Signal Corps semaphore station on top of the hill where McDaniel College (formerly Western Maryland College) stands today (three days before the Battle of Gettysburg), capturing the station and destroying it (after sending bogus reports to the Union Army Headquarters to throw them off about Lee's advance into Pennsylvania).

Also, you should visit the Gettysburg Battle Field just north of Westminster.

Gettysburg Battlefield National Monument

It's worth a couple of days to visit!

Back