The coups of TNP

Gracius Maximus:
punk d:
Very interesting. Alas no Insane Power to open the pub with...lol.

I find it sad that we're still talking about things that occurred in 2005 and prior. There are a lot of roads traveled between then and now and yet for TNP is still goes back to that. The Crimson Order was a blip, but what about the rest of TNP's history between now and then. A few blips here and there but not much that has changed the direction of TNP. Maybe I'm overly nostalgic but what happened in 2012 that shapes us today? 2011? 2010?
Everything post-Constitution, even the coups, are just bullet points on the bureaucratic map. While the forum 'community' here is very active, it is so enmeshed in legal procedure and red-tape that it can't move past the traumas of the past. The entire construct is designed to prevent rogue delegacies, although the only aspect of that which actually works is the Security Council and that is so only because the game installed Influence in order to curb the power of rogues.

Many of the prominent figures of the past decade here cut their teeth on UPS Rail and ALSO. Some even shifted their entire identities to compensate for their role in those events (Makenaland comes to mind).
:agree:

So very true. The legalisms were a security blanket to prevent coups, and IMO all they did is stifle the community and prevent healing.

Westwind:
So very true. The legalisms were a security blanket to prevent coups, and IMO all they did is stifle the community and prevent healing.
My favorite types of coups to observe are the ones in which someone figured out how to use laws and/or Constitutions to coup a region. It at least shows some kind of creativity.

What I find totally un-amusing and uninteresting are brute force coups or nation hand-off coups. It shows a method entirely unencumbered by the thought process. :lol:

As a side note, the last I heard about/from IP (a few years ago) was that he had some seriously life-threatening health problems and may not be amongst the living any more.

Romanoffia:
Westwind:
My favorite types of coups to observe are the ones in which someone figured out how to use laws and/or Constitutions to coup a region. It at least shows some kind of creativity.

What I find totally un-amusing and uninteresting are brute force coups or nation hand-off coups. It shows a method entirely unencumbered by the thought process. :lol:

As a side note, the last I heard about/from IP (a few years ago) was that he had some seriously life-threatening health problems and may not be amongst the living any more.
Oh I don't know about that. While it might certainly be the case now that nation handoffs are common and blasé, there was a first time that was unique. Also, that time incorporated the first part of your post prior to the second. I believe the then Minister of Security (or whatever it was called) convinced the Delegate to hold Cabinet votes when he knew his opponents were offline and influenced replacement Ministers and the withdrawal from the ADN (using the laws of that time) all before preying upon the emotional instability of the Delegate in order to get her to hand over her password. It was novel in that it had not been done before. (Yes, I am aware that Delegate passwords have been shared in the past - but the wholesale abandonment of a region by a sitting Delegate had not occurred before.)

Back