What brought you to TNP?

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
A thread to discuss who or what it was that brought you to the North Pacific and the regional forum

I joined nationstates when it was shown to be my a friend of mine on facebook. He knew that I was interested in politics and advised that I give it a try. We managed a group page together that focused on personal freedoms and civil rights. I joined nationstates immediately and I have never regretted it.

I didn't join the regional forum right away. At first, I simply lurked the RMB and answered issues. I was a strong supporter of Delegate Grosseshnauzer who I believed was doing an excellent job for the region and he was very helpful in answering any questions I had about the game.

I joined the forum after Romanoffia aka Novare Res had posted on the RMB and had telegrammed me directly to ask that I join the regional forum. He had been campaigning to get nations more involved and to take an interest in the government that ruled them - he said it was the only way to change it and improve the region. I took his advice (and I was happy to be asked) and I joined the regional forum.

I was initially failed a security check on the regional forum as my IP had apparently committed vandalism on wikipedia. Neither the Speaker or the admin who denied the application let me know why it had been denied until weeks later. I kept returning to the forum and I got very annoyed at the Speaker Limi. Eluvatar sent me a telegram and apologised for the issue and I decided to reapply and I was finally accepted.

This experience helped to shape my career and style in nationstates and as the regional Delegate. I understand that it can be confusing and irritating for new players when their applications take a long time to be processed and they feel ignored by the powers at be. I understand how important it is to be open and approachable to members of the region as Grossechnauzer was for me. I appreciate that new nations in particular are receptive to joining the regional forum, if you take an interest in them and encourage their involvement. Just as Romanoffia did for me.

I am glad I joined nationstates and I appreciate the efforts of everyone who helped to get me involved. I joined just in time for the recall of Blue Wolf II. Exciting times for a new player in the game.

Thank you for sharing the story McM, interesting insight into your past. A treat for flag day! :)

I had played nationstates in the early years but never joined a regional forum. I decided myself to get back into the game in 2012 and I created seven nations, one of them was born in TNP. I joined the north, south, east, and west pacific forums at the same time and even then TNP's forum was the most active and professional. Flemingovia handled my RA application very smoothly.

I took an interest mainly in the RA threads and I wasn't immediately involved in anything. I was pleased to learn that a Liberation Day festival was being organised by Prince Windsor and McMasterdonia.

I can't remember much of how I started but I did ask a lot of questions and took a long time to understand what regional politics was, it was like being a baby.

Some people who guided me were Scandigrad, Eluvatar, Astarial, Flemingovia, McMasterdonia, Prince Windsor.

Thanks Chas. I am glad that I was some help in guiding you.

I thought this was an interesting opportunity for reflection. It makes me wonder if Eluvatar had not tg'd me where I would have ended up.. and if I would have simply left the game.

I joined because I was told by several ADN members that no raider would ever be allowed citizenship in The North Pacific. I set out to prove them wrong.

I made a puppet that ended up there naturally and decided to post on the RMB, and then decided to move my main nation there because I thought it was a pretty neat-o place.

I played NS here and there sometimes. When I started playing NS again back in October 2013, I got into TNP, and here I stayed. I joined the regional forums shortly, started playing games, got rejected for membership because my IP address was a common address used by proxies, had to show that my ISP was... well, my ISP, joined the RA, spammed the forum more, got to learn more about the politics of NS more than I ever did, and here I am now, a random dude in TNP, doing stuff and... other stuff.

God, I must learn how to make shorter sentences.

I was listening to radio 2 one day and a show had a "website of the day" slot which featured Nationstates. I happened to be born in TNP.

I joined NS on a friend's recommendation back in June 2004. My original nation, Mathom, was born in TEP, which was becoming inactive at that time. I got involved in The Proletariat Coalition during Jaco's delegacy. They sent me as ambassador to Canada, where I felt very much at home.

After a couple of years, I dropped out for a bit, and when I re-joined, I made Almonaster my main nation, and Canada my home region. I've been there ever since. Canada sent me as ambassador to TNP, so here I am.

EDIT: typo.

I spent a year in a UCR, International Western Union. roughly around the time I was thinking of a change McMasterdonia contacted me and asked me if I'd be willing to be his MoFA.

The timing was right, although being innocent of GCR's I had no idea what would be entailed, however thanks to McM I've met some amazing people I feel I wouldn't have otherwise.

I founded a nation in 2005 which name I don't remember, got bored and it CTE'd. I couldn't even understand many words in English let alone a whole text and forum based game.

In 2007 I founded a different nation I recently re-founded (Kasperiah) and moved to leftist regions. I still struggled to understand the language but I was happy taking care of my country and such.

In 2012 I tried again, I went back to leftist communities, did a couple of naughty things and started trading puppets; later that year I founded Ehlnar, a nation born in TNP under Eluvatar, and my opinion about feeders changed. I liked TNPs plurality and hospitality and I decided to stay and join the offsite community. My English was so bad people thought I was like 11 years old or something xD.

And then I founded Avalon, just because the name is incredibly cool and made it my main nation. And my man nation has to be here!

I very much appreciate your comments about my Delegacy, McM.

That term was during the period when there had been a slow recovery from the impact of The Great Recession in real life for much of NS players globally, and activity throughout the game took a big hit. (At first no one could figure it out, but looking back it became quite obvious.) My goal was to continue a pattern of stability upon which others were then able to redevelop regional institutions. And I was disciplined on casting the region's votes on WA matters as part of that.

I first came to NS when I saw it mentioned at one of the forum communities i was a part of back in 2003; had to be late spring or early summer (northern hemisphere.) Although I was still trying to cope with and adapt to some chronic medical problems that had developed a couple of years before and trying to work full time from home.

That full time work became too much with the medical issues, my own PC hard drive died without warning, and I couldn't use the home-based work compupter. so I lost the URL and the nation and password and I had to take permanent disability. A couple of years later I found the site and founded GS, and it was born in TNP; I didn't recall there being any regions from my earlier exposure, and after browsing through some of the feeders, I stayed in TNP.

I also got involved a couple of days later in the NS discussion of the Great 2004 Tsunami and a proposal that was in rough form to construct a resolution in the RP UN to respond to the disaster, and I emerged as the sponsor of record had to leave the game (I think they were on holiday break that was ending) and finished the work that led to its adoption by the highest percentage and total votes in NSUN era history; all within my first month!

In the meantime I was also caught in the cesspool that was the early days of the Pixiedance dictatorship, and found the workgroup Hersfold had started to revise the Flemingovian Constitution into something workable, (In fact I had saved a then latest draft and when the distatorship shut down the area of the forum and moved away from Old Blue, we were able to continue off the copy I had saved.)

In any event, those first weeks pretty much set my involvement in TNP on its course.

When I first started Nationstates, I had only received a few recruitment telegrams. One particularly well worded one came from Taijitu, a region that was founded and run by Eluvatar and Gulliver. I had hung around Taijitu for a few months, and then Eluvatar started talking with Gulliver about affairs in TNP. It piqued my interest, and Eluvatar talked to me more about TNP and convinced me to join it. From there, I joined TNP, stuck around for a while, and learned more about other GCRs. I took a short hiatus from the game, and when I returned, I moved to Lazarus, and there I am now.

So it was Eluvatar and Gulliver who originially convinced me to come to TNP.

Back in '04 I quickly became involved in defending and ADN and was Equilism ambassador to TNP. The first alliances Equilism had were with Belgium, The North Pacific, A.L.L. and ADN. The E-Army and NPA worked closely together, and along with Nasicournia and TWP were the primary forces for ADN. In the process, TNP had become my second home.

It was also the first region I had moved to after Westwind was founded in TWP. And before I moved to Equilism.

Birth brought me here. Either of Erastide or FEC, I can't remember which.

NS as a whole, I was introduced to it by a friend from college, it was a very passive playing until Great Bight came along.

First account creation here was when I had to post an update for the Eq embassy 2 years ago.

Now I'm here because one of your diplomats invited us, and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. :P

Karland:
Now I'm here because one of your diplomats invited us, and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. :P
^^ This mostly. :P

I think I created my account out of curiosity, but this is the first time I've posted. Blame a mix of r3n's updates and a bit of heckling from your fine delegate. :P

Abacathea:
I spent a year in a UCR, International Western Union. roughly around the time I was thinking of a change McMasterdonia contacted me and asked me if I'd be willing to be his MoFA.

The timing was right, although being innocent of GCR's I had no idea what would be entailed, however thanks to McM I've met some amazing people I feel I wouldn't have otherwise.

I came from the same UCR. A former delegate there had some RL issues to deal with, relinquishing the delegacy to Abacathea. Upon return, he seemed adamant about restoring himself to the delegacy and taking effective management there, pushing through yet another constitution. Yet thwarted, he browbeat the founder into accepting the establishment of sister regions. I objected to the extra-governmental actions this entailed, arguing that such decisions should be the made within the current government. I also felt it divided the efforts required to manage the region. Needless to say, this earned me a great deal of enmity from the fellow in question.

So I was looking for another UCR for a while. When I learned from Abacathea that he would be resigning to take a position with either The North Pacific or Lazarus, I took a guess that he might choose The North Pacific and moved here two days prior to his move. Abacathea may aspire to greater offices, but I'll have seniority...

So that is how The North Pacific got its cat!

>^,,^<
Alunya

Former English Colony:
Birth brought me here. Either of Erastide or FEC, I can't remember which.

NS as a whole, I was introduced to it by a friend from college, it was a very passive playing until Great Bight came along.

Were you only ever Delegate as Former English Colony or did you swap between the two?

Fuzzy:
Karland:
^^ This mostly. :P

I think I created my account out of curiosity, but this is the first time I've posted. Blame a mix of r3n's updates and a bit of heckling from your fine delegate. :P

I do not heckle!! :P Okay.. maybe a little.

Simple. The game placed my nation here upon creation. You guys seemed alright so I stayed. Plus TNP hosts the most nations in the game, figure this is the place to be at. How I found NS is another matter. My g/f saw some page on fb post an advertisement about it and showed it to me. Thinking id get a kick out of it. As i usually post RL political rants on my fb. So I joined. Little did she know id become obsessed with the game and constantly be checking in. So blame a random facebook advertisement for me being here ;)

My son introduced me to Nation States :)
He is long since gone but I play on.

I was introduced to TNP in 2011 while on the beginners early steep NS learning curve.

I came here today to celebrate the Flag Day Anniversary with you. It was your ambassador from Canada, Almonaster who informed us of the arrival of this special day.

Cheers from my nation Devil Heart

What brought me here was during TheMinister's reign of Terror, there was a treaty between TSP and TNP and TWP, the name of which escapes me - could be United Democratic Pacifics, and TSP should have aided but they didn't. So I left and joined "The Underground".

I have often wished my nation was birthed in TNP versus TSP.

I came here in late 2012 cause Wolf is entertaining, and I wanted to be part of his wacky feeder hijinks. I stayed for the gripping legislative debates.

I registered on the forum back in 2007 as a diplomat from Great Britain and Ireland. However, I only properly joined in November or December 2012.

I knew a few members from before I joined, and in particular Elu and Wolf in RL. I had known Wolf for a few years by that time from our encounters in other regions, and his presence here was a factor. But what primarily got me familiar with and interested in joining TNP were my chats with Elu---when you meet NSers in RL, especially as regularly as I met Elu, conversation will inevitably also go to NS. He had asked for my feedback on the draft of the new Legal Code, and we would often discuss legislative and court-related matters, and TNP politics in general. These are aspects of government that I find appealing, so I decided to join and get properly involved.

I was born in TNP! :) A friend had shown me his NS page much before but I hadn't created a nation myself. One day I did and I continued to compete with friends and better our nations over time.

It was during an unendorsement campaign, it must have been right when Eluvatar was elected delegate that I decided to try out the regional IRC and forum. McMasterdonia and Eluvatar were very friendly and helpful in getting me acquainted with the game.

I have really enjoyed my time here and hope to be around for a while to come :)

Grosse - no problem at all. It is what I remember and I think that everyone who visited the RMB at that time would have agreed with my assessment.

Kiwi- I remember Elu kept bugging you about everything for the first few days. I thought it was quite amusing.

Elu has been recruiting RL friends to support his proposals in the RA. I suggest we ban him....

My original nation (Irixinia) was born here in the summer of 2003. After about six months I decided to try out the whole off-site forum thing and created a new nation for that purpose. Within three or four months I was a forum admin and regional delegate. It's been all downhill since then. :P

I have been on NS for a while (at least to me). I first joined in May of 2013 and yes, my First Anniversary is coming up. I created this nation a while later as a "joke account" and interviewed the feeder delegates to try to find the best region and this one got the highest ratings so I joined

I started out in TNP in early 2010, and was promptly kicked by JAL. I came back after a short time, and got kicked by him again. I spent a long time here and there, not doing anything noteworthy. Now I am back for good, and will probably be a little more involved. This is now my main nation because I like the name. My other puppets have died, so now all I have is this and Augustin Proxy.

I created my first nation, Northwestern Wheatthin, which I think wound up in TNP, back in 2010 or 2011, when I googled "create your own country." Little did I know that I would get hooked. After a short hiatus that summer, I remembered the game, and created NNA. I was dropped into TNP, and I stayed there until a group of RL friends wanted me to join their region, Crystal Blue Persuasion. I stayed for a limited time in Oceanside as well, but the draw of TNP couldn't keep me rooted in any one place, and now I'm back.

I was a diplomat here a year ago, either for the CoC or TAR, I forget,
Then I left the CoC around that time as well due to... issues.
Never found a region to settle in since, so here I am in TNP to try my luck for the 6th time. :)

flemingovia:
I was listening to radio 2 one day and a show had a "website of the day" slot which featured Nationstates. I happened to be born in TNP.
Funny your should mention that.

I heard about NS on a local radio program that has something on it about Max Barry.

How did I get to TNP? I created a puppet nation that just happened to be 'born' in TNP . Something involving the original feeder being split up into the five Pacifics or something like that. After that it's all history. I forget exactly. You know, there are three things that go as you get older - the first one is memory and I forget what the Hell the other two are. :P

Which brings up a rather disturbing thought that there have several incarnations of Roman under assorted names in NS. :shifty: :P

Back