Ator People

The Security Council has voted to approve Ator People as a member of the SC. I put forward a motion for the Regional Assembly to vote to admit Ator People to the Security Council.

Sorry, this is not the voting thread. This is for discussion by the RA, and eventually a second of my motion, then it will be put to a vote by our Speaker.

I was following the procedure as outlined in the following posted standing procedure:

Non-Legislative Proposal Procedure

Any member may introduce a proposal to exercise a power of the Assembly besides enacting, amending or repealing laws by creating a thread in the Meeting Chambers or Private Halls subforums.

Any member of the Regional Assembly may call for a vote on the proposal by posting "motion to vote", or a functional equivalent in the thread. Any other member may second such a motion.

Once the proposal has been moved and seconded, the Speaker will schedule a vote.

Perhaps they need updating where votes on SC admissions are concerned?

Democratic Donkeys:
The Security Council has voted to approve Ator People as a member of the SC. I put forward a motion for the Regional Assembly to vote to admit Ator People to the Security Council.
Grosse, DD already moved for a vote, so that's why the speaker interpreted your motion as a second.

Back