February/March Update

Kantrias Update: February/March
ru5v2c.jpg

An Experienced 16th Senate Results in Interior Action
In the February Senate Elections citizens chose among four well-known candidates, as well as two eager new faces. While the vote was close and almost made one newcomer a senator, Kantrias chose in the end to place its government in the hands of experience once again.
2vhzvwm.jpg

Since then, the new senators have been working largely behind the scenes. Senator MagentaFairy imparts, "We're reworking some of the older systems in the Senate. It's more internal than external though - all in the hopes that the Senate can be more productive for the future."

Kantrias speaks of a possible economy
wjx62v.jpg

Close after the notable reformation movements of last month, rumors of a possible Kantrian economy have surfaced.
This is not a new idea; Kantrias has entertained the notion of an economy since its founding. However, as the compatibility of Kantrias' structure with an economy has been questioned, the idea has been forestalled and even countered by some.
"I think that as of this exact moment, the economy would do no harm to Kantrias as a whole, but wouldn't really change the situation in any radical way," senator Roman Pierce comments. "The problem is that we just don't have any way of giving an incentive to try and get more money and spend it in creative ways. As multiple people have stated, having a lot of money in this economy wouldn't really grant you any power or give you many opportunities to spend it. We need to have an incentive to seek out ways to make money and a way to use that money to give yourself advantages."
Talk of the economy flourished near the beginning of the month but slowed down as uncertainties on the best economy for the region emerged. While only time will tell what lies ahead for Kantrias, the idea remains but a rumor among citizens for now.

Citizens lobby for various Kantrias themes
As mentioned in the last update, Kantrias has undertaken a renaming of several Ministries and government positions. This renaming was not restricted to the government or the king but was instead opened for the participation of the public. Citizens suggested numerous names, struck several others down, and amended others for days before coming to any agreements.
2rzuu0y.jpg

By the end of February, though, most or all of the new titles were decided and put into place. Some of the new Ministries include The Lily and its governing Institute for Cultural Development, formerly combined in the Ministry of Culture, now directed by the Curator of the Institute; Castle Malderian, the former Ministry of War, now commanded by the High Marshall; and the Agency, a new ministry entirely, lead by the Director. The official description of the ministry reads, "The Agency of Activity and Intergration of New Citizens to the Greater Kantrian Area in the Field of Public and Private Job Placement (Simply called "The Agency") for short was created as the rising industrialization created a need for an expanded bureaucracy to staff positions, and to handle the job-placement of the unemployed in private postings as well. Headed by The Director."

The ICD Announces a Timeless Contest
As part of the restructuring which began in January, Kantrias recently founded the Institute for Cultural Development, which has kept quite busy since it began. Composed of several ambitious artists and seeking even more, it just launched its first large contest, called "A City in Time." The contest calls Kantrians to build a new city for the region, complete with a title, overview, and engaging historical background. They are to be submitted by the 18th, at which time the public will have the chance to vote on their favorite city. The winning city will be preserved in Kantrias forever as part of our official history. The winner will also receive additional rewards.
x4eu10.jpg

"A City in Time is an expansion of Kantrian history and consequently culture," says the contest's main author, Jimothy Wright. "It shows us how each other invisions the region, then immortalizes the sentiments of this time. In a year from now perhaps it will be something quite different, whilst the Kantrians of that time admire their past. Furthermore, it encourages thoughts of what Kantrias is and draws people into the community of the region. This is why I believe the event ought to be a large success, ere I must encourage everyone to participate." Citizens of other regions, as well as Kantrias citizens, will be able to read about the winning city as a dispatch on Kantrias' World Factbook Entry.

For the first time, unexperienced citizens take over the Senate
The March senate elections got off to a slow start this time around, as previous senators sought a break from this area of government. Little did they realize this would result in the first ever board of all unexperienced senators.
Victorious people, the newest Kantrias citizen of the Senate, ran affiliated with the Insanity Party under an ambitious philosophy of activity, as well as amendments to some of Kantrias' recent laws, such as the Criminal Code and the Senate Inactivity Act. He also mentioned his wish to get more involved in Kantrias through his responsibility as a senator. "I think a term on the Senate would be an excellent chance for me to get started in Kantrias," he said. " I want to use my activity to help encourage others to do the same, and I want to build experience by serving on the Senate."
259efk8.jpg

Datford-Zyvetskistaahn ran without a party affiliation, mainly to increase the number of senators serving this cycle. Because Zyvetskistaahn did not announce a platform on his policies as senator, citizens cannot guess what he will do with this new position, but instead wait to see.
Adara Vidalia was the last to stand for senate, affiliated with the insanity party. She stated her primary goal of encouraging various kinds of activity in the region, both for newcomers and earlier citizens. She also stated a wish to involve the public in each of her senate decisions. "I ask you to trust the logic and reasoning of my fellow senators and I to make decisions," she explained. "But even so, I would welcome the input of other citizens, and I would do what I could to encourage others to speak with me about any of my policies they don't agree with."

Back