-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Repeal "Liberate St Abbadon"

Category:
Repeal | Resolution SC#134 |Proposed by:The Dourian Embassy
Description: WA Security Council Resolution #134: Liberate St Abbaddon shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Aware that "Liberate St Abbaddon" (SC#134) was passed to battle the then extant threat of The Brotherhood of Malice and a variety of regional armed forces to the region of St Abbaddon,

Understanding that the passage of this liberation helped to end the threat of destruction St Abbaddon was facing,

Knowing that the passage of this liberation, while successful in achieving its goals was also passed under false pretenses, and used as a tool by raider forces to open the region up further,

Cognizant that the liberation of St Abbaddon was passed without input or permission from the region's native residents whom have voiced their desires not to have this proposal in place,

Believing that this liberation is now superfluous, and an insult to the very principals this council stands for,

Hereby Repeals "Liberate St Abbadon"

Co-Authored by The Gatekeeper Ministry of Abacathea

"Cognizant that the liberation of St Abbaddon was passed without input or permission from the region's native residents whom have voiced their desires not to have this proposal in place,"

Leaving aside the awful, awful grammar of this sentence* I would like to know the numbers. When people say "residents" they could be speaking of two individuals whining on IRC, or a groundswell of thousands.

Also, when the resolution says "Knowing that the passage of this liberation, while successful in achieving its goals was also passed under false pretenses, and used as a tool by raider forces to open the region up further...."

no. the author may know that the resolution was used as a tool, but I do not - and I am the one being asked to vote in favour of this. Without further explanation I cannot do so.

* I mean, really, do people just bung in the word "whom" randomly because they think it makes their resolution sound more official?

For the sake of clarification...
The resolution asserts that the previously passed legislation made the region vulnerable to raiders despite its intent to achieve the opposite. What is to prevent a repeat of the general course of events that caused the first resolution to be put forward?

I am umfamilar with the security council, however I also choose not to participate in it because I dont like being a policemen of the world and telling other regions how to conduct their business. However, I do see a need for more oversight it shouldnt be like The GA where every member in the WA can vote in the SC.

And I do not know if this is the proper place, But for informational purposes what role did our region play in this in the first place I read on the original liberation resolution that we were allied in the raiding operation? Is this true...and also I read in the debate thread for this resolution that the raiders propsed to SC resolution themselves to prove some kind of point...I'm unsure what that point was other than to prove the ineptitude of the SC? But this resolution to repeal the liberation seems to make everything right again. But like I said i havent gotten into the SC or raiding/Liberating yet nor do i feel inclined to do so any time soon. I only read the SC resolution because it mentioned our armed forces as part of the agitators. I obviously cant comment on issues that happened prior to me joining the site but if some point was proven and now this repeal sets things back as they were..im ok with it. And i hope i havent over stepped by being curious as to the circumstances of our military being mentioned in the original liberation motion.

Oh, and Aye! I guess.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back