Random musings

This is my attempt at some sort of blog, It may be my last who knows. Ive never been good at blogging nor do I have much to write about I'm pretty boring. I used to keep a blog in various forms over the years on various now defunct sites such as LiveJournal, Xanga, and Myspace. I have a blog on blogger but it is of the 2nd topic no one cares about HaHa. Religion. In my myspace days i found a religion and philosphy forum and debated..and when myspace went down hill i created a blog to archive some of my writings i thought were fit to save as well as I used it as a companion to a webpage i was working on that never got popular.

Anyway, as I said im a boring person. Not sure why I am starting this except out of bordem and an attempt to futher let the TNP get to know me. My political views is also a major part of my introduction. I want to be more than the sum of my politics. But I feel that I have let myself become obsessed. After all I recently joined a site to create my own country and policies? We all here must have some sort of political junkie within us. But it seems I cant have a conversation with people without bringing it up. I work, take care of animals at home, run errands, shop, eat, get on facebook, listen to my news podcasts, then log in to now run my own nation.

I could ramble about my job, i overall like it, but i have been there for 8 years, and thru 2 major mangament changes, it took 5 years for someone to take a chance on me and promote me, and they ask a lot more of me and give me more responsibility but when it comes to "moving" up in the heirarchy of the office i get passed up by other less senior people for job duties that lead to being a assistant department manager. Sometimes i feel im only kept around as the red headed step child to do the tasks no one csn be bothered to do. Also im a bit anal retentative and expect othere to do thier jobs well. And when i see someone eho isnt pulling thier weight or something that isnt being done within policy..managment acts like im stupid.mand it makes me not want to try.

All my life, ive always just wanted people to like me and when they dont or dont try to understand me. It hurts. I even know not everyone is going to like you but it still hurts.

Anyway, i know no one will read a blog that bemoans the negative. Im not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me, i dont know what im trying to do other then kill the bordem. A blog is mainly about your feelings well this is my feeling right now. That i feel like im a boring person and i dont want to be. But i guess adulthood is about being boring? Work death and taxes paying bills you dont get to play with your friends anymore.

Anyway yeah its almost 11:30 here at night and im rambling. I dont know how often ill update this. Ill try if i feel i have something inspiring or worthy to say.

Thanks for reading.

I could ramble about my job, i overall like it, but i have been there for 8 years, and thru 2 major mangament changes, it took 5 years for someone to take a chance on me and promote me, and they ask a lot more of me and give me more responsibility but when it comes to "moving" up in the heirarchy of the office i get passed up by other less senior people for job duties that lead to being a assistant department manager. Sometimes i feel im only kept around as the red headed step child to do the tasks no one csn be bothered to do. Also im a bit anal retentative and expect othere to do thier jobs well. And when i see someone eho isnt pulling thier weight or something that isnt being done within policy..managment acts like im stupid.mand it makes me not want to try.

All my life, ive always just wanted people to like me and when they dont or dont try to understand me. It hurts. I even know not everyone is going to like you but it still hurts.

You sound like you aren't very personable. Try being nice to people, and try to STFU about politics, and see where that gets you in terms of moving up the ladder. Life is not meritocratic, we are social creatures, and people like to promote people they, well, like. Also be professional, it is not your responsibility, at least from what you have shared, to enforce policy or employee standards, and it could be why management does not like you. I don't think you were here to solicit advice, but you are the one who posted in a place where people can reply. :P

I just dont understand why take the time to create rules and policy if they arent going to be followed. Seems an exercise in futility. But then the kicker is if we dont follow them they yell at us too. :) it is like a catch-22. If we try to follow policy then they tell us we need to "loosen up and make exceptions" if we dont follow a policy we get yelled at "ERRRMUHGAWD! YOU DIDNT FOLLOW POLICY!" They arent very consistent. And it gets nerve racking trying to guess thier bi-polar mood of which is acceptable in that moment. So i just end up doing what I think is reasonable. If the person is a regular and i deal with them often and i know them to be honest.(we have a lot of dishonest people, drug abuse is bad in this area. People will steal carts full of merch then resell it for drugs then what they cant sell they try to come in and return) anyway and it is something reasonable I generally will make exceptions Vs. Someone coming in without recepts trying to return over 20.00 in stuff then im like no need a reciept.

Also, i am not sure what management does all day. Set in thier offices talk on the phone and come down and violate our union contract by working product which is reserved for the bargaining unit (i.E. not mangement to do, they do it so they dont have to schedule an extra person or whatever. )

Anyway, where I work in the money services center amd weve had to have a lot of training on how to combat check fraud and various other things including wire transfers which policies are set by the wire transfer agency in our case Western Union and governed by banking laws and since 9/11The Patriot act (to curb suspicious or money laundring activities) one thing corporate takes very serious is thier Financial policies. They require very strict compliance. And people get mad and such like not wanting to provide thier information and call a manager and they are clueless and dont go thru the training and is just like "why wont you pay this out?" And im like well they wont give thier info "well why do you care what info they give" well its ruled by banking and federal laws failure to provide the info or provide false info could construe suspicious activity and if i suspect supicious activity im by law not allowed to conduct the transaction. And they are just clueless. Plus i'm going to air on the side of not geting prosecuted by the government.

Also, I generally do get along with those in my peer group closer to my age. The 20s-30s crowd. But the older employees 40s-60s not so much, they end up being the managers and department supervisors.

At the end of the day I am there to do my job and perform my tasks not make friends.

The late great George Carlin said "they want people smart enough to run the machines but just dumb enough not to ask questions." The problem with me is I wont allow myself to just be dumb enough not to question. If i see something that isn't right I am going to speak up about it. And the powers that be; in work, the internet, in government, they don't like that.

So more boring, IRL work stuff no no one will read, plus im irish beerd up and tired of rule-lawyering the RA forum.

so anyway, I had a woman call in today no joke had me on the phone telling me the same story for over a half an hour. Granted I feel for her situation I really honestly do, she asked about our store brand crushed tomatoes, and if i knew what the ingredient Calcium Carbonate was, I assured her I did not she went on to state how it is an additive that contains trace amounts of shell fish (Not sure if this is true, I haven't researched it yet) anyway for the sake of argument I took her at her word, and how she was allergic to shellfish and how she can't eat hardly out anywhere or buy things from the store because this ingredient according to her in in like 90% of the items. I sympathized with her and got personal when perhaps I shouldnt have, but I told her how I am a diabetic and I've looked into the artifical sweetners and the chemicals in them and find I think they cause health affects, how my niece is allergic to milk and dairy and how I knew how food allergies could be, and how on product info I was for such things as GMO Labeling ( Perhaps I shouldnt have gotten personal, but also in our customer service training they stipulate portions that we are to empathyize and personally connect with our customers so subconsciously i was following my training.) anyway, but for the changes she requested I couldnt help her at the store level nor a store manager could not either she would have to call our corporate offices 1-800 number or the number on the product label and voice her concerns with them.

she kept rehashing the same story even threatening to get a lawyer and sue, I told her to pursue what she thought was in her best interests, finally she lamented and hung up.

anyway, Moral of the story, why do some people think a lowly store clerk or even a store manager has the kind of pull or clout to demand a manufacturer what ingredient they can or cannot put in their product?

So is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? I usually dont eat breakfast unless I really feel in the mood for it or it is my day off or its late at night and I want to go to IHop or a similar 24 hour breakfast place.

Yet I've noticed if I give myself time to make coffee in the morning, eat a peanut butter poptart and chase it down with *2full servings of vegetables by drinking a V8. I feel much better the rest of the day and less cranky. Maybe its the caffeine from the coffee, or the sugar from the chocolate, or it is in my head? Or the healthy Vegetable juice? Who knows. But like I said im less cranky and irritable vs. The days I dont give myself time to have it.

Breakfast is important for a variety of reasons. Even the time that it takes you to make it and consume it allows you more time, generally quiet time, to wake up. It also regulates your metabolism. :)

I dunno the last time I ate breakfast. It's been weeks.

Ugh. I am all sunburned. I used sun block too. I took a selfie. But the picture doesnt do it justice. Plus it has cleared up a lot since yesterday.Still hurts though. Hooray for Aloe vera after sun gel, Powerade, ibuprofen, and sleeping all day in front of the fan.

Always be prepared when you're spending time outside. I was kayaking once and I turned into a panda afterwards.

I reapplied my sun screen like 4 or 5 times.

We took off and spent time at the Waterpark and Zoo in columbus. We have been to the zoo many times and its summer time and hot we spent the better part of the day at the water park. We went to the zoo later in the evening after we got our fill of screaming kids horse playing while we were trying to float down the lazy river and saw the new Heart of Africa exhibit they built. (It resembles a village in the Afrian Plains/Savahanna) they moved the Giraffes and the lions there. (Previously Giraffes were in Asia with the Asian Elephants, and the lions had their own exhibit near the tigers) and they got in some new Zebras, Cheetahs, and Wildebeasts, wharthogs, and various gazel. And at the end of the day we realized we had gotten the gift of sunburns.

Breakfast is important for a variety of reasons. Even the time that it takes you to make it and consume it allows you more time, generally quiet time, to wake up. It also regulates your metabolism. :)

Interesting. I didn't know that. Sigh. Hidden shortcut to italics function I assume. Thanks for the update all/self/ISAAC. I'm missing DD again. I could learn from him. I was far too shy as Isimud. Back when. grin

Good luck Paul, if you're still alive. Or even if you're dead. I have some influence with death. But not enough to bring you back. So be alive. We could "talk" a bit.

Anywho, sweet dreams.

PaulLibertarian42:

Last edited:
Back