Expansion of criminal offences

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
In discussion on #tnp (where stuff gets decided) I have discovered that the mere mention of civil trials causes more frothing at the mouth that an outbreak of rabies. Others have found a better idea is to pretend that the section of our criminal code that covers civil offences does not actually exist. Please do not alert them to this thread. the shock might kill them.

When I pointed out that civil trials are the only recourse for offences that are not covered by our criminal code, I was told that a better approach would be to make the criminal code more encompassing.

what a delicious thought.

So ... what things should we criminalise that are not already illegal?

I suggest the following to kick off the debate:

Behaviour likely to alarm her majesty the queen.

This is an offence in Canada. It ought to be in TNP too.

Not taking a bath at least once a year

This is on the statute books in Kentucky. Why is it not law in TNP already?

In Arkansas it is illegal to mispronounce the name of the state

IN TNP it ought to be against the law to mistype r3necuss... R3nances..... oh fuck it.

an Alaskan law says that you should not look on a moose from an aeroplane.

the TNP equivalent would make it illegal to be higher up the order of succession than Grosseschnazer, so you cannot look down on him.

Another Kentucky one. IN that state it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.

Why was this overlooked when the constaytooshun was originally written? Were you there? Do you know?

In Britain a pregnant woman can urinate wherever she wants - even into a policeman's helmet.

Why are such compassionate laws not part of our code?

So.... let's make moar laws.

Since this means more work for Zyvet and me, I'm 'totally' in support of this.

No clue, but it seems like this would entail laws getting proposed every other day.

In Florida it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine.

Why do we tolerate Hystricomorphiles in TNP? Have we no standards at all?

In Conorsville, Wisconsin, USA, it is illegal for a man to fire a gun while his wife is having an orgasm.

I can think of many reasons why this should be on our statute books too.

flemingovia:
In Conorsville, Wisconsin, USA, it is illegal for a man to fire a gun while his wife is having an orgasm.

What if he's not the one helping her with that? :huh:

SillyString:
flemingovia:

What if he's not the one helping her with that? :huh:
yes, I see your point. This will be a tricky one to legislate on.

If you add the provision that one is not allowed to handle a salmon under suspicious conditions (see the Salmon Act 1986), then I will support this bill!

Oh, and since under The 1313 Statute [Coming armed to Parliament]: The Act forbids the wearing of armor by members of Parliament when attending in the House and has never been repealed, we should ban all members of the RA from wearing armor in the RA Chambers. Makes perfect sense!

I'm not sure how we'd enforce that one... could we just mandate nudity, to be sure nobody sneakily wears armor under their clothes?

I am quite unsure but it is on the books nonetheless according to the internetz by googling "stupid ohio laws"...i guess the great lakes? There is tributaries that lead to the ocean? So idk.

Well I guess whales from the Great Lakes. Maybe. I'm not that good at the geography of North America.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Majulah Singapura
We, the citizens of Singapore
Pledge ourselves as one united people
Regardless of race, language or religion
To build a democratic society
Based on justice and equality
So as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation.

Well, the Great Lakes are connected to the Atlantic Ocean via the St. Lawrence Seaway, but I'm more interested why Ohio would have a law prohibiting getting a fish drunk. This must have showed up in a court docket somewhere. That's like tipping cows. Not sure if there's a statute prohibiting that tho. :rofl:

I know what you mean. I'm from Manitoba, Canada (northwest from you). Just one real city, the rest rural. The Kentucky of Canada (although the province of Saskatchewan is more redneck-ish.. lol), if you will. No offense to that province/state of course. :P

Back