Testing the waters

Gracius Maximus

Tyrant (Ret.)
So, the last two times I ran for Justice I was soundly defeated because I do not pander to the masses on IRC and some people are still butthurt over things that happened almost 10 years ago (many of these supposedly affected individuals were not even here then).

Since the time of the NPD, I have served as a member of the TNP Security Council (true story - look it up), Election Commissioner, Attorney General, Associate Justice and Chief Justice. I have also served as defense counsel for several different trials. I am generally knowledgeable about the made-up law systems associated with NS regions as a whole and tend to be matter-of-fact in my responses and dealings.

I have been told specifically by prominent people in this region that I will be opposed ad infinitum for any position that I choose to stand for so I feel that instead of wasting my time and a position on the actual election cycle that I will see how this goes beforehand.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to include Election Commissioner.

Stand for Justice, GM! Stand for Justice!

You are one of the ablest persons in NationStates that I can think of to occupy a seat on the Court.

You are one of the most brilliant minds in TNP and you have by absolute support to occupy a seat on the court!

Thank you to those that have expressed support.

It seems it will be close. I am sure those that are voting 'No' will somehow find it within themselves to post when I actually do run instead of hiding behind the anonymity of the poll. Should be interesting.

It would be infinitely better, in my opinion, if those that have grievances, legitimate or not, would express them so that they might be addressed directly.

Lord Nwahs:
Who are you? D:
This is my current signature:

"Remember, everything you have here in the North is only because I got bored." - The Minister, Ruler of Gracius Maximus, Conqueror of Pixiedance, last hero of the North

"Some acts simply cannot be apologized for. I do realize this is a game, but you have caused all of us so much strife over the past months, and caused others to follow in your lead, that it's become a bit more than that. And as such, I cannot accept your apology. Respect it, I will. Forgive you, I won't." - Hersfold

Former Delegate of The North Pacific

Former Chief Justice, Attorney General, Election Commissioner and member of the Security Council of The North Pacific

Holder of an eightycount.

I will work in reverse order. I received an 'eightycount' just a few months ago from Great Bight's Mum. I believe I am only one of three to have one, even though I am the only one to have given it any credence.

Above this is a list of titles that I have held in The North Pacific since the foundation of the Constitutionalists. I was twice elected as an Associate Justice of the Court, once elected as Chief Justice, once elected as Attorney General and served as Election Commissioner at the behest of the Delegate. This election was marked for its efficiency and lack of turmoil/disagreement/hassle. It even generated praise from Flemingovia, who has never been a fan of my nation.

I was also elected as a member of the Security Council. This was after the events of 2004-2005, which some like to point to as a measure of my fitness to serve on the Court.

As it states, I am also a former Delegate of The North Pacific. This was not an elected position. During my tenure as Delegate here (early 2005) I abolished the old Republic and removed the outsider influence of the ADN (this is a group of egotistical barbarians from ancient history - I know, I was once associated closely with one of its leaders). I also may have caused some turmoil and internal strife that led to other nations getting butthurt (see the quote from Hersfold). At the time it was the largest mass ejection by any nation in any region. That has been surpassed within this region a couple of times now by pretenders/copycats who came after me. But, not incidentally higher than removals in The Pacific by that swell Pierconium guy some 2-3 years later.

Prior to this I was Deputy Minister of Justice and then Minister of Justice for The North Pacific under the old Republic.

I tend to be opinionated, stubborn and can be a real asshole, but I get the job done. I never ask anyone to like me and I don't demand respect, but I do what I do with efficiency and determination. And I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent so that those headstrong decisions are balanced with some logic and reason.

Also, hello.

I don't at all trust you with any position of power in TNP or any Feeder or Sinker that isn't The Pacific (don't trust you there either, given you've purged it, but I don't care :P ). So I voted no.

Cormac:
I don't at all trust you with any position of power in TNP or any Feeder or Sinker that isn't The Pacific (don't trust you there either, given you've purged it, but I don't care :P ). So I voted no.
Gracius Maximus has never been in The Pacific.

Regardless, given your track record elsewhere, I take that as no small praise. Thanks.

Further, this isn't a vote for Vice Delegate or Delegate, or even Security Council, although I have proven trustworthy in that position here in the past. Considering that you have never actually had any dealings with me on any level that I am aware of, I find your protests and distrust to be poorly educated at best.

During Gracius Maximus' most recent stint in the Court, the Court produced that one opinion whose application several us at the point envisaged would prove problematic. In the following months, those of us that did were proven correct, and in the end the RA had to override it with the Officials Amendment Bill.

I have also seen Gracius Maximus produce several pages long posts of "analysis" in the Court forum, most of which can be described as obstructionist at best.

On the list of "people the Court needs", Gracius Maximus ranks near the very bottom.

r3naissanc3r:
During Gracius Maximus' most recent stint in the Court, the Court produced that one opinion whose application several us at the point envisaged would prove problematic. In the following months, those of us that did were proven correct, and in the end the RA had to override it with the Officials Amendment Bill.

I have also seen Gracius Maximus produce several pages long posts of "analysis" in the Court forum, most of which can be described as obstructionist at best.

On the list of "people the Court needs", Gracius Maximus ranks near the very bottom.
I believe pointing to one ruling that was made with myself as a minor member of the Court and ignoring discussion on the issue to be disingenious at best. But, whatever floats your boat. ;)

Also, I rarely post 'pages long' analysis anywhere. Your opinion of those posts (if they exist) notwithstanding, at least I took the time to analyze the given situations instead of pandering to the masses like many here do.

I guess this might as well serve as my campaign thread. If the masses believe I should start a redundant one in which I state basically the same things that is fine as well.

So, any other questions?

Democratic Donkeys:
Are you still a car salesman? :P
Ha. Well, since I never actually was a car salesman the answer to this presents a certain sort of logical problem.

A yes answer would stipulate that I am something that I am not and therefore would be a lie.

A no answer would indicate that I once was and would also in some way be a lie.

If I don't answer then a certain equilibrium might exist in which I am not, nor have I ever been, and yet could possibly be persists.

We could call it Schrodinger's Rust.

Back