8th Annual Defender Awards

Karp

TNPer
6BPL2II.png

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the 8th annual Defender Awards shall begin on the 1st February! The Awards are hosted by the Founderless Regions Alliance and those wishing to participate are welcome to register on our forums. I will be sure to add a link straight to the subforum when the Awards open and shall announce the Awards beginning here as well.

The Awards allow us a chance to reflect on the previous year while also recognising hard work and success, but also are a chance to have a bit of fun. Everyone is welcome to participate - regardless of whatever side you happen to identify with - and not all of the Awards recognise just Defender success/failure.

This year there are four notable changes, specifically we see two new awards introduced, namely the; "Can't We All Just Get Along Award" and the "Tin Foil Hat Award", while the "WASC Award" is to be shelved this year and the "Worst Invasion" award is to be renamed to the "Worst Operation" award in order to avoid controversies surrounding it last year.

Awards list:
The Defender of the Year Award

The formerly named 'EuroSoviets' award is given to the nation who is viewed by the NS community as the one nation who has helped the defender cause the most in the last year.

The Ananke Award

The Ananke Award is given to those nations who spend their own time looking out for any invasions that are taking place. This normally means staying up till very late and sacrificing their sleep for the greater good.

The Anarchotopia Award

This award is given to the region or organisation which has proved the most successful in preventing invasions.

The Blackbird Award

A special award that is given to the invader group which the NS community considers the best out there due to whatever reason.

The Sir Lans Award

The old 'Updater of the Year Award' is for the person who has been involved in more update missions than any other, and has shown dedication to be there if they are needed.

The Operation of the Year

The mission which stands out from all others from the last year due to the success, the numbers involved or any other reason.

The Best Newcomer(s) Award

Given to the region, nation or organisation which has appeared within the last year, and impressed the defender community the most. This award has two recipients.

The Dipes Award

Given to the nation whom has best served the Defender Intelligence cause.

The Worst Operation Award

The award given to the operation which was classed as the worst due to defender mistakes, invader cunning or any other reason.

The Worst Invader Group Award

The award given to a group of Invaders for abysmal failure and/or being a large annoyance overall.

The Best Defender Quote

A light hearted award, given to the nation whose quote or motto has been considered strange, funny or different.

The Meltdown of the Year Award

Given to a nation, region or organisation which has self-imploded in spectacular (and often hilarious) style.

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending

The award given to the nation who has been a dedicated servant to the defender cause for many years, often sacrificing different luxuries in order to help as much as they can.

The Can't We All Just Get Along Award

Successor to the Defender Unity award seen only in the first Awards, this award is given to whichever organisation, region or player is deemed to have contributed and improved the unity and solidarity of the Defender cause as a whole.

The Tinfoil Hat Award

Similar to the Defender Quote of the Year Award, this Award is a light hearted to recognise the funnier and best conspiracies suggested by or about Defenders.

Quite a list and I am all ready excited to see some of the nominations.

I don't really have much more to say but here's a schedule to peruse!

Awards Schedule:
February 1st: Awards and nominations begin.
February 14th: Nominations close and voting is opened.
February 28th: Voting closes
March 1st: Awards ceremony

That was easier than I thought. Anyways, I look forward to seeing some of you participating!

Considering that the FRA has a love of naming awards after RLA members who were involved in Forum Destruction, you should really consider renaming the The Dipes Award to The Red Factions Award.

It would really round out things.

The Defender Awards are now officially open!

The forums can be found here. If you are having any issues accessing the Awards please contact Karputsk.

Good luck to all nominees and have fun!
e5003338.gif

6BPL2II.png

Sorry for the lateness but busy weekend. The nominations are now officially closed and so we commence the voting.

Voting will close on March 2nd at midnight GMT, and will be followed by the Awards Ceremony.

There are a number of avenues by which you can vote:

1) Send a Private Message to the 'Ballot Collector' on the FRA forum.

2) Send a Private Message to 'Karputsk' on the regional forums of 10000 Islands, Texas, The Rejected Realms, Lazarus or the UDL.

3) Send a Telegram Message to the nation 'Defender Awards 2014'.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=defender_awards_2014

In your message please indicate clearly the names of those who you wish to vote for.

Please remember there is one vote for every award - if you vote for more than one person for a specific award, then those votes will be discounted.

You can only vote for those people who are nominated - write-in nominations will not be accepted.

The confirmed nominations list is here.

Please note: Although there are a number avenues by which it is possible to vote only one vote per award per person is permitted. All ballots received via telegram will be vetted to ensure they are not puppet accounts, and any votes from people I suspect have already voted will be discounted.

Happy voting!

6BPL2II.png

The voting period shall be closing in just under two days so don't forget to vote!

Since I have no doubt some of you are very lazy I will even provide you with all the details you need to vote.

The Awards

The formerly named 'EuroSoviets' award is given to the nation who is viewed by the NS community as the one nation who has helped the defender cause the most in the last year.

The Ananke Award

The Ananke Award is given to those nations who spend their own time looking out for any invasions that are taking place. This normally means staying up till very late and sacrificing their sleep for the greater good.

The Anarchotopia Award

This award is given to the region or organisation which has proved the most successful in preventing invasions.

The Blackbird Award

A special award that is given to the invader group which the NS community considers the best out there due to whatever reason.

The Sir Lans Award

The old 'Updater of the Year Award' is for the person who has been involved in more update missions than any other, and has shown dedication to be there if they are needed.

The Operation of the Year Award

The mission which stands out from all others from the last year due to the success, the numbers involved or any other reason.

Given to the region, nation or organisation which has appeared within the last year, and impressed the defender community the most. This award has two recipients.

The Dipes Award

Given to the nation who has best served the Intelligence cause.

Previously the Worst Invasion Award, this award is given to the operation which was classed as the worst due to Defender mistakes, Invader cunning or any other reason.

The award given to a group of Invaders for abysmal failure and/or being a large annoyance overall.

The Best Defender Quote

A light hearted award, given to the nation whose quote or motto has been considered strange, funny or different.

Given to a nation, region or organisation which has self-imploded in spectacular (and often hilarious) style.

The award given to the nation who has been a dedicated servant to the defender cause for many years, often sacrificing different luxuries in order to help as much as they can.

A reincarnation of The Defender Unity Award seen only in the first Awards - this Award recognises the player, region or group/organisation that has contributed the most to Defender unity/solidarity.

The Tinfoil Hat Award

In much the same light-hearted vein as other Awards, this Award is awarded to the best conspiracy theory by or about Defenders.

People to vote for

Karputsk
Ravania
Benevolent Thomas
Someone Special
Harmoneia
Milograd
Feux
Luna
Frattastan

The Ananke Award
Benevolent Thomas
Karputsk
Land Filled With people
Ravania

The Anarchotopia Award
TITO
FRA
UDL
Lazarus
Spiritus

The Blackbird Award
The Skeleton Army
The Black Hawks
The Black Riders
The Brotherhood of Malice
United Imperial Armed Forces
Gatesville

The Sir Lans Award
Escanaba
Benevolent Thomas
Ravania
Someone Special
Kogvuron
Horse

The Operation of the Year Award
Asia
Furry Federation
The South Pacific
Operation Phoenix
Discordia
Avalon

Individual
Wintermoot
The Saturnian Republic
Tangaroan Islands
Pergamon
Controlitia
Horse

Region/Organisation/Group
Lazarene Liberation Army
Spiritus Defence Force
Wintreath

The Dipes Award
Numero Capitan
Eluvatar
Campinia
Land Filled With People

Osiris campaign against Gatesville

Slavia
The Eternal Knights
The Black Riders
Gatesville
The Worms
The Communist Region

The Best Defender Quote Award
Wordy:
I tend to pronounce it Tight-o!
Not sure if that is correct but I like it better than Tit-o
Then again I am female :P

Paffnia:
This just confirms my opinion that Wordy was the best delegate Osiris has had to date.

[09:39] <@Guy>
[09:39] <@frattastan>
[09:39] <+Indian_Empire> :
[09:39] <+TheGrimReaper>
[09:39] <+Indian_Empire> :
[09:40] <@frattastan> Not the same thing!

<@frattastan> >_>
<@Karp> its so hard to tell what frattastan is annoyed about
<@Wop> everything

15:26 Luna : About 3% of females have a tusk.

<@Staplers> pretending to do work
<@Staplers> (but I'm actually looking up narwhal facts!)

[17:20] <+Typing> why do i have voice? :o
[17:20] <@frattastan> It means you can speak if you the channel is 'muted'.
[17:23] <+Typing> huh?
[17:24] <@frattastan> I'll let you see.
[17:24] * frattastan sets mode: +m
[17:24] * frattastan sets mode: -v Typing
[17:24] <@frattastan> Try typing something.
[17:24] <@frattastan> (I'll leave the channel muted for a minute)
[17:33] * frattastan sets mode: -m
[17:34] <@frattastan> oh, dammit forgot about it :P
[17:34] * frattastan sets mode: +v Typing
[17:34] <@frattastan> ...I'm sorry? :P

Campinia: are raider spies all morons or is it just bob and wraith?
Wopruthien: Just Bob and Wraith.

Cormac
Falconias
The Kemetic Republic of Osiris
The Empire
Unibot

NewTex
Wopruthien
Wordy
Unibot
MinnaCaroline
Kanaia
Riemstagrad
Frattastan
Mekhet
Blaat
ChinChillas
Sedge
Drop Your Pants
Numero Capitan
Asta
Harmoneia

Karputsk
Wopruthien
Frattastan
Shizensky
Land Filled With People
Benevolent Thomas
Cameron Romefeller
Mahaj

The Tinfoil Hat Award
The FRAncoist Eluminati Conspiracy
A conspiracy suggesting there is a secretive elite of Pacificans, FRA members and other defenders which conspires to subvert game-created regions and rule the world.
"the defender-Francoist takeover of Lazarus" - Onderkelia/Whiskum

McMasterdonia = Guy Conspiracy
Self explanatory. Guy has to be be McMasterdonia.
How to vote

Voting will close on March 2nd at midnight GMT, and will be followed by the Awards Ceremony.

There are a number of avenues by which you can vote:

1) Send a Private Message to the 'Ballot Collector' on the FRA forum.

2) Send a Private Message to 'Karputsk' on the regional forums of 10000 Islands, Texas, The Rejected Realms, Lazarus or the UDL.

3) Send a Telegram Message to the nation 'Defender Awards 2014'.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=defender_awards_2014

In your message please indicate clearly the names of those who you wish to vote for.

Please remember there is one vote for every award - if you vote for more than one person for a specific award, then those votes will be discounted.

You can only vote for those people who are nominated - write-in nominations will not be accepted.

The confirmed nominations list is here.

Please note: Although there are a number avenues by which it is possible to vote only one vote per award per person is permitted. All ballots received via telegram will be vetted to ensure they are not puppet accounts, and any votes from people I suspect have already voted will be discounted.

Happy voting!

Get voting! Oh, and before I forget, if you register on the FRA boards to vote you won't be able to vote until you are masked. If this is the case it would be better for you to vote using the other methods listed. :)

Back