[Complete]Passed: Commend NewTexas [Complete]

Abacathea

TNPer
Posting here now as it's likely this will hit quorum by minor at the latest tomorrow.

Commend NewTexas
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation

Nominee: NewTexas

Proposed by: Emad​

Description: Applauding the objective of this council to recognize outstanding contribution by individual nations and regions to the international community;

Determined to ensure that NewTexas is recognized among those the council has seen fit to befit this honor before now;

Briefly noting this council has already seen fit to recognize the region of Texas, which achieved the great feats noted by this council as a direct result of the work undertaken by it's founder NewTexas, who essentially forged a community which has lasted almost ten years with Texas sitting at its helm;

Cognizant that Texas, was one of the earliest defender nations to emerge in the first days of raiding, and in partnership with The Bruce one of the first known defender treaty organizations was formed as a result, which successfully defended against the early raiding group known as "The Farkers" and has continued as a diplomatic treaty ever since now known as the Triumvirate and including The Heartland;

Noting that in the early years, Texas was heavily active on the field of furthering international relations, responsible for having hosted "The Texas Rodeo" and the "Texas Golf League" as but two examples of events arranged, organized and hosted by the Founder Delegate all for the purposes of promoting interaction and joviality within the international community it had begun to develop relations with;

Aware that the region of Texas has been appluaded for its creation of the NSSuite which includes the NSDossier, a tool for collating the statistics of the NationStates world on the behalf of- member nations, but considering it an affront not to recognize now the participation of NewTexas in it's development purely because it has been recognized on a regional scale;

Believing that the level of commitment NewTexas provides to the region it governs in respect of both promoting participation in the international community, actively and diligently representing the region of Texas within the World Assembly body, the commitment it provides to its own regional government itself, and the consistency it has provided in these respects for going on ten years, is indeed worthy of being noted as exceptional;

Further believing that for this esteemed Council to continue to overlook the nation of NewTexas as a deserving candidate would only serve to diminish the good work done until now;

Hereby Commends NewTexas
Co-authored by The Gatekeeper Ministry of Abacathea

mowa-seal.png

MINISTERIAL REVIEW

Will be keeping this one short and sweet for semi obvious reasons. One of the more obvious errors is the use of "appluaded" in the resolution, however on review there doesn't seem to be anything more substantial than that. It reads well, and does its best to separate itself from the Commend Texas resolution on the books while still acknowledging it sufficiently. All in all BigTex does seem to be a deserving candidate but as is always true to SC form, that decision ultimately rests with you as an individual voter bearing in mind the subjective beast that the Council is.

MINISTERIAL SUGGESTED VOTE

Objectivity being a prime objective of the Ministry, an assessment of the proposal in a purely objective form would suggest a FOR vote on this when it comes to vote.

As per usual this is just a suggested vote, please vote FOR, AGAINST or ABSTAIN below. Any change to this, will be posted to the RMB and edited into this post.

He also cannot spell cognisant.

I am against this, as I often am for condemn/commend. Before I vote in favour I am looking for truly outstanding, outstanding contribution to NS. Only a handful of players make the grade.

flemingovia:
He also cannot spell cognisant.

I am against this, as I often am for condemn/commend. Before I vote in favour I am looking for truly outstanding, outstanding contribution to NS. Only a handful of players make the grade.
Cognizant is actually a correct spelling ;)

I can't keep track of the WA voting policy around here, so I'm not sure if I get a vote (not being a WA nation in TNP), but Tex thinks I'm an evil bully who just wants to kick over people's NS sand-castles, despite knowing nothing about me or who I am, just by virtue of the fact that I play the raiding game, so I'm against this as well.

I'm not sure if the typographical errors are mine or Emad's and I'm not inclined to check. But I'd really hate to see this fail, thus i have to vote for.

So many typos and grammatical errors, lol.

NewTexas is one of the very few proposals that I would actually consider voting for a commendation of, if only commendations weren't tacked onto the bucket of shit that is the Security Council.

But, they are, so fuck it.

I'm voting for. What clinches it for me is the NSSuite and NSDossier, and while the region Texas has been commended for this, I still think it appropriate to give a commendation to NewTexas as well for the individual effort.

And I like to encourage people -- including our own Abacathea who co-authored the commendation.

>^,,^<

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back