[Complete]Passed:Liberate Slavia [Complete]

Abacathea

TNPer
Liberate Slavia
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): Slavia

Proposed by: Milograd​

escription: The Security Council,

Recognizing that the region of Slavia, a region that has existed for over a year, is a significant home to Slavic nations of the world, and has held a population as high as 100 in its most recent incarnation, while also averaging a population of about 50 to 70 nations,

Noting that the founding nation of the region, The Pan Slavic Federation, suddenly ceased to exist on January 1st, 2014,

Regretting that, mere days after this occurred, the United Imperial Armed Forces of The New Inquisition, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and Albion attacked the region and began to oppress and torment its residents,

Disappointed that residents such as The North Polish Union were forcefully removed from the region, that the original flag was removed, that embassies were destroyed, and that the regional community's affairs were disrupted during this occupation,

Concerned that this oppressive foreign occupation may become permanent, as the invading forces continue to remain in the region,

Believing that a liberation of Slavia could prevent the occupation from becoming permanent and more destructive, and that liberating Slavia would fall in line with both Security Council precedent and the Security Council's goal of achieving of international peace and goodwill,

Hereby Liberates Slavia.

MINISTERIAL REVIEW:

Good evening all!

Regarding the current proposal, there's not a tremendous amount to delve into here, so it should be short and sweet. The author appears to have done their homework here, and from what I'm led to believe the support of the natives has been given to this, so in that sense, there's no reason to fault the proposal.

The damage done to the regional WFE coupled with the raider forces involved suggest that this occupation has potential to be permanent, especially given LKE's reluctance to let go of colonies once they get a foothold in one. The fact that TBR are sniffing around like dogs at a hydrant only concerns the ministry further.

MINISTERIAL SUGGESTION

Having spoken with the author and an affiliate of theirs involved in this process, I have no reason to think anything afoul in this proposal, the text is well written and the intent good. As a result the regional vote is suggested at FOR.

As per usual, please vote FOR, AGAINST or ABSTAIN below.

lol it's rather useless. There isn't a password on the region and there hasn't been as far as I know - thus the liberation is symbolic and rather pointless.

That said, Slavia was part of the FRA when it was invaded, and I believe it was related to a conflict between them and the UIAF, thus I see it as their own fault.

Against.

Lord Ravenclaw:
lol it's rather useless. There isn't a password on the region and there hasn't been as far as I know - thus the liberation is symbolic and rather pointless.

That said, Slavia was part of the FRA when it was invaded, and I believe it was related to a conflict between them and the UIAF, thus I see it as their own fault.

Against.
The liberation stops UIAF from putting a password one, so if they go for a refound, it is more difficult for them to achieve.

As a further note, Slavia claims to have left the FRA prior to the invasion. It is not a clear-cut simple black/white issue.

I am in favor of this resolution passing. I have every reason to believe TNI/LKE will attempt to grief Slavia out of existence.

Eluvatar:
I am in favor of this resolution passing. I have every reason to believe TNI/LKE will attempt to grief Slavia out of existence.
I mean, what exactly is the matter with this?

A region should not leave itself so vulnerable. This is an inevitable outcome. The people of Slavia should see this as a learning opportunity and leave the region and create a new one so that in the future they are better protected.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back