January Update

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

14th January 2014
WA Delegate: The Northern Irish Empire of Caruba | Nation Count: 341 | Regional Rank: 24th
LKE Imperial Forums

hsmgovbanner.png

Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince Falconio
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Akillian
Deputy Prime Minister: Clement Attlee
Secretary of State for External Affairs: Newcanada
Secretary of State for Internal Affairs: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Secretary for Colonial Affairs: Seam Ingram
Secretary of State for Culture: Julian Ulrics
Minister for War: Christopher Bishop

Elections
Untitled_zps9a0bdd74.png

In the recent Prime Minister election, Akillian of the Lion Party claimed victory against the Imperial Party nominee, Athelstan MacGregor. The two biggest parties of the region went head-to-head in what was a crucial election and what was expected to be a close one. After days of campaigning, Akillian and his running mate Clement Attllee were elected with just over 68% of the vote.

Prime Minister Results

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [PM] / ATTLEE, Clement (Independent) [DPM] [68.42%]
MACGREGOR, Athelstan (Imperial Party) [PM] / CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [DPM] [31.58%]

Estates Common Results

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [12.79%]
ATTLEE, Clement (Independent) [12.79%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [10.47%]
KAISERHOLT (Lion Party) [11.63%]
MACGREGOR, Athelstan (Imperial Party) [5.81%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [12.79%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [9.30%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [12.79%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [11.63%]

Estates General Activity

So far in the Estates General, numerous reforms have been passed or were put into works. They include Clement Attlee’s reform to the role of the WA Delegate, changes to the judicial position of Lord-Chancellor, and a new University Chancellor to oversee the region’s reputable University. Members of the region’s lower house of legislature, the Estates Common, are discussing inviting the Viceroy of Munster to appear before the house to discuss the Empire and Munster’s mutual future together.

A couple of weeks into the term saw the resignation of Kaiserholt. Due to real life issues Kaiserholt resigned from his positions as Interior Minister and Member of the EC. A by-election was called.

The results were as followed.

BARRET, Simeon (Imperial Party) [54.55%]
BOBRACHA (Independent) [45.45%]

On being elected Simeon Barret had this to say.

I wish to thank the members of the LKE that came out and voted during the EC By-Election. I realize that this is a busy time for most of us but the region must remain strong and stable and filling an empty seat in the EC is paramount to that stability. I realize that there is little chance of any major policy shits in the remaining term but I want to assure you that the health and growth of our great region is always first in my mind and my heart. Some of you may remember my term as Minister of the Interior. Along with Jeff Geary and others I helped craft our Naturalization policy and worked with HSM and many others on ways to increase activity in the region. I have heard mutterings that NS is dying and that people are simply no longer interested. I do not and will not accept that. The LKE has long held a reputation as the finest region in the NS world and for good reason. The region has the best people in the NS sphere. Our people make us great and our people will help shape the future of the LKE. I urge everyone to get involved. Whether it be running for office, offering suggestions on how we may increase activity through fun and engaging activities, or posting in a spam game or joining a RP there is lots of fun to be had here and wonderful people to have it with. I wish to once again thank HSM Onder for his unceasing efforts in making this region what it is. This is our home and we all share in it's glory. We must all now share in it's future. I will always be available to answer questions please feel free to PM me with any comments, questions or concerns.

Prime Minister's State of the Realm Speech

republican-convention.jpeg106-460x307.jpg

Fellow Citizens, Peers of the Realm, Your Majesty.

It is a great privilege to be giving this speech as your Prime Minister. Thank you to all those who supported me and voted for me during this election. The extent of which my ticket won by shows how much faith the region has put in me and I am extremely grateful. I would like to reiterate what I said before and offer my commiserations to Athelstan McGregor and Charles IX.

The region is at a crucial point. Our population and activity are falling. We need an active government who will take the lead in creating a better region. That is the government I will lead. A government that will be competent and hardworking. A government that will seek to solve problems rather than sitting back and hoping that our problems will be fixed.

This term I hope to see more initiatives brought into the Culture Ministry. I have already mentioned a few ideas but the IC will discuss them and will be putting in place new schemes to help our activity over the coming term.
I also hope to have a more efficient Interior and Exterior Department. For too long now we have seen the basics of these ministries overlooked but I will aim to correct this.

To head up the Ministries of the IC, I wish to appoint the following.

Prime Minister: Akillian
Deputy Prime Minister: Clement Attlee
Secretary of State for Interior: Kaiserholt
Secretary of State for Exterior: Newcanada
Secretary of State for Culture: Julian Ulrics
Secretary of State for Colonies: Appointment will be announced soon.
Secretary of State for War: Christopher Bishop

All of those appointed, I expect to do a great job. Junior Ministers will be appointed over the coming week.

There is work to be done and everyone must now put the effort in to improve the region.

Thank you,

Akillian
Prime Minister of the LKE.

Emperor's Ascension Festival

av-2.jpg

On 29th December, the Prince Imperial opened the ceremony to honor His Supreme Majesty, Onder Kelkia. The Land of Kings and Emperors were celebrating 3 years of Emperor Onder's reign. Invites were sent out to many regions to come and honour Emperor Onder and the turnout was really good. There were speeches from Prine Imperial, Cephal Talleyrand, Prime Minister of the LKE Akillian, former Prime Ministers Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika, Julian Ulrics and HEM Tiberius as well as Seantors Simeon Barret and Josh Sebastian. Many people arrived to pay tribute to the Emperor. Here are the speeches from the Prince Imperial and Prime Minister.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I would like to start off by saying that it has been an excellent year here in the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Despite our ups and downs, we've seen some rising military progress through our involvement in the United Imperial Armed Forces. Our government has maintained a general sense of stability, our region has persisted.

It is all to be attested to our sovereign that we have maintained as we have had over the years. From His Supreme Majesty's commendable results in his effort to personally recruit for the region until the rise of more automated means, to his attempts to maintain a strong and impartial role of a neutral monarch presiding over and uniting his region.

For the most of us, our emperor has been well connected in our daily affairs here in the region. I myself had served as the chief royal adviser to the throne until recent days in which I worked with His Supreme Majesty in coordinating and choosing policies to support or resist at his own discretion. It has been my view that our Emperor has long served his agenda with a steady hand and a stable sense of involvement in coordinating with his royal personnel and with the members and leader of government.

He has done well to provide us a long held sense of consistency in leadership and he has done well to define our region and to promote our regional way of life on the whole of Nationstates in support of our friends and in defense against our rivals. He has always worked his best to keep the region informed of events at large that he had become aware of and to coordinate us military to achieve our expectations and I can say that I was present during his most excellent leadership when we united with those of foreign forces to recover The United Kingdom of Britain against the menace of The Greater German Reich.

His command style was meticulous, accurate, and well covered as I stood by to observe raid after raid under his command as I witnessed the expanse of our sovereign and his strong diplomatic reach.

In working with him, I have come to respect our Emperor and his methods as he does what he can to support the region and our government in creating a better, stronger, lasting region that can still maintain a presence even in the face of adversity.

His reign has been lengthy, his presence has been clear and defining, his reach has been great.

To His Supreme Majesty,

I commend you, my liege.

I wish you the best as the third year of your reign comes to a close and I hope the best to see your reign prosper as you move into your fourth year on the throne.

All Hail His Supreme Majesty, Glory to the Land of Kings and Emperors.

TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET

Fellow Citizens,

The Land of Kings and Emperors has had a great year and it has been a pleasure to be a part of it. It will be an honour to lead the region as Prime Minister, into the next year were I am sure we will continue the success of this year.

Throughout the region’s history, specifically the last 3 years, the region has had one person lead the way in creating a better Land of Kings and Emperors. One person whose motivation and skills has improved the region and help form a home for many of us here.

I will not be able to talk in great detail about our history, the struggles the region has had and the success the region has enjoyed. This is because I only joined the region in March of this year, but in that short time, I have learned how lucky we are to have that one person who will always keep the region going. Emperor Onder has supported the region and has led the way through the hardships and good times. Onder has put confidence in me, supported my government and is working with us to create a better region. Without Emperor Onder the region would be worse off and the citizens of the region should take this time to thank our Emperor.

As PM, I am lucky to have an Emperor who works alongside the government, motivating us and helping us as we face the challenges of being in government.

I would like to take this time to say what an honour it has been to be in this region, what an honour it is to be Prime Minister and what an honour it is to have our wonderful Emperor. Emperor Onder, thank you on behalf of the Imperial Council.

Imperial Army Abroad
120705DefenceHammond_6385756.jpg

Among the most recent military campaigns pursued by the LKE, through the United Imperial Armed Forces (UIAF) of the LKE, TNI and Albion, has been the invasion of Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) member of Slavia. The region of Slavia went founderless during mid-December making it vulnerable to invasion. Slavia's membership of the FRA made it an especially promising target in light of the LKE and TNI's wars on the FRA, leading the UIAF to invade and occupy Slavia. The invasion of this FRA region had 18 updaters from the UIAF, The Black Riders and Kingdom of Great Britain. In the first 12 hours of the invasion over 50 reinforcements help secure the region preventing any liberation from taking place and there are now over 90 endorsements supporting the UIAF Delegacy. This is an illustration of the collective military strength of the imperialist, independent and raider spheres.

For the current duration of the occupation of Slavia, there are 33 flagged UIAF units with 4 unflagged units, a total of 37 UIAF units. The LKE division has provided over a third of the reinforcements constituting the current UIAF forces, marking a testament to the LKE Imperial Army's military strength. While the UIAF is deployed for the Slavia occupation, UIAF forces went on a number of tag raids capturing the regions of Poland-Lithuania, The World and Legend League. With the resignation of a regiment commander within the LKE Division of the UIAF, Joint Commander Christopher Bishop promoted promoted Josh Sebastian to the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel and was named the new regiment commander of the Habsburg Guard.​

A Joint Future: Munster and the Empire

pub-dublin-ireland_6794_600x450.jpeg

Munster continues to be a large and prosperous colony of His Supreme Majesty’s Empire, with a stable and functioning government. The Region’s relationship with the homeland and the broader world has continued to evolve, starting with the opening of the Tuath Assembly. The Region has grown much since then, adding its own contingent to the UIAF. Now a new chapter seems to be opening with the Viceroy, RWP’s invitation by LKE politicians to appear before the Empire’s Estates Common and discuss the mutual future of the two regions.​

Back