On Censure

This poll is about reopening the discussion on adding Censure to the legal code.

I think we should legislate for censure capability, so I will be voting yes. If people agree, we can request admin to unarchive the topic.

It isn't legally binding. You could vote no on this and yes on the bill, or you could vote yes on this and no on the bill. It would just be illogical.

It is serious, within the confines of a game which by its very nature is not serious. If the game was less serious it would consequently be less funny.

In this poll you are free to be serious, funny, or illogical, as you please.

Censure in the RA is actually a moot point because the RA can pass all the non-binding resolutions (which censure is, in essence) it wants to.

As part of the Censure Process, we could establish a "TNP Wall of Shame" to which people can cut and paste silly or funny things people have said.

Romanoffia:
As part of the Censure Process, we could establish a "TNP Wall of Shame" to which people can cut and paste silly or funny things people have said.
That would be very fun and I would be in support of that.

Lord Nwahs:
Romanoffia:
That would be very fun and I would be in support of that.
we would, of course, have to appoint a Minister of Silly Walks and Masonic Handshakes to preside over the Wall of shame.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8[/flash]

Romanoffia:
Censure in the RA is actually a moot point because the RA can pass all the non-binding resolutions (which censure is, in essence) it wants to.

I voted no, but I agree with Romanoffia's comment. The RA already has this ability, and no additional legislation is necessary.

Actually, that's not entirely clear - the RA is empowered to do specific things, and censuring people, or passing other random motions, is not on that list.

There's also the question of whether censures should come with teeth, which was something some people wanted when this came up before, and any teeth would need to be legislatively established.

SillyString:
Actually, that's not entirely clear - the RA is empowered to do specific things, and censuring people, or passing other random motions, is not on that list.

There's also the question of whether censures should come with teeth, which was something some people wanted when this came up before, and any teeth would need to be legislatively established.
So what I take from this is, even if we wanted censure without teeth, it's not clear that we have that power. I would be in favour of legislating for toothless censure.

Another idea, would it be better introduced by RA rules rather than law?

SillyString:

TNP Const. art. II:
The Regional Assembly may enact, amend or repeal laws by a majority vote.

Perhaps I am missing something? Or are we assuming that a censure is not a law?

Romanoffia:

This. Oh god this!

I got the "Wall of Shame" idea from a tradition we have at one of the local bars.

All the Wall of Shame is are photographs of various patrons of the bar which are framed and hung on the wall (the photographs, that is, not the actual patrons, but you know what I mean :lol: ). The photographs usually depict silly things a particular patron got photographed doing at the bar. There are also framed quotes of silly or profound things said by the various patrons over the years. Oddly enough, this tradition actually started back in the 1920's by F. Scott Fitzgerald (who frequented the bard) during prohibition when the bar was a speak-easy. There's some funny crap on The Wall of Shame. :lol:

Back